“Great food, great service and wonderful people”
Review of Koco's Pub

Koco's Pub
Ranked #18 of 2,073 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is our favorite place in Baltimore. We eat here at least once a week. Food is excellent. In addition to best crab cakes, their salmon is the best. People - staff and customers - are great. Do not miss it

Reviewed 6 October 2017

After trying most crab cake joints across Maryland, I can safely say this is the best crab cake in the state and possibly the country. People who talk about crab cakes without having tried Maryland crab cakes just don't know what they are talking about. This crab cake in particular is just outstanding. Jumbo lump crab, no fillers. Absolutely delicious. I would recommend going on Thursday nights and ordering the crab cake platter (with tartar sauce and fries). If you favor imperial crab you should go to Pappas. But for straight crab cakes, this place is unbeatable!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

There will be a wait in this small establishment, but well worth the wait for the best crab cake you can get. I've tried crab cakes all over the area and many are very good. However, Koco's pub is the best. The crab cake is dense with pure lump crab meat seasoned with traditional Chesapeake style seasonings.1 crab cake is plenty for dinner but if you come hungry with a large appetite you can handle 2. Unfortunately the side options do give justice to the delicious crab cakes. We ordered the side salad and French fries. Neither of which are memorable. However, the cream of crab soup was a good choice for an appetizer. We waited at least 30 minutes for our dinner after we were seated. We tried to call several times for reservations but the line was always busy. We learned from other patrons that you must keep dialing to get through. It's worth to keep calling to get a reservation because seating is limited and waits are long. The place had character even if though a bit rough. It's a pub with some seating for diners. The location is rough too. Not for the faint of heart. A place for the crab cake lover.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Popped in for lunch and had the crabcake sandwich with the "junior" size crabcake. Have had Pappas, Corner Stable, and other reputed "Best in Baltimore" crabcakes, but this is by far the absolute best.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Koco's is a local spot, that is quaint but very inviting. The staff was welcoming and although they were busy and we had no reservation, they were very accommodating for my friend and I. The lump crab cake was not only appetizing, but it was very delicious. The best part, no fillers - I was inspecting the crab cake to see how it stays together with little to no filler. We had 2 drinks from the bar, that were ok, but doable.
I have already recommended a few friends to try it out and I will be returning myself.
By the way, I got a crab cake to go!!!