See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

I stayed at the Envy Hotel for two days. Everything seemed to be broke while I was there. The staff was mix of unprofessional people that lacked customer service skills and presentation. The rooms were very small! The bathroom doors were the old main entrance doors with the key card slots. When I first opened my room's refrigerator there were half-filled cups of water in side of it. It was clear that they hadn't really cleaned the room. There was hair in the bathroom. The ice machine, drink machine, and microwave all were broken. They also advertise it there in the Inner Harbor, that's not true.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is an affiliate of a chain and is close in proximity to all things to do in the Baltimore Harbor but its location can be unsettling for those not prepared to be in a part of the city that is thriving with people going about their everyday lives. If your room is on the street side - you can hear whatever is/ everything going on outside especially those of people waiting to get on and off the bus.

Pros: price is a good value; air condition; close to everything; free breakfast; staff is helpful when not distracted or on cell phone

Cons: rooms are need updating; cleaning leaves a lot to be desired (our shower door had black mold at the bottom and the used shampoo was still in the shower when we checked in); business center is just two outdated computers and a broken printer; windows not insulate properly; no parking

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

We came here for a 2 night stay. The staff were really nice which is always great to see and the location was good if you exclude the dodgy neighbourhood. Unfortunately the good things end there.

The breakfast was awful. Bread section stank of mold. The sausages were very low quality and I'm dreading to think what the meat was. One of the light fittings was hanging off from the wire, it had probably had enough too!

The room looked nice when you first walk in...then you actually start to see just how many things are wrong: curtain falling off, very squeaky bed, sink and shower drains that are blocked, dodgy and peeling off wallpaper, dirty shower curtain, a very dirty towel with which I nearly wiped my face. I think the view of the room window sums up the whole experience - trash everywhere.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Desislava A
Reviewed August 6, 2017

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while visiting the Maryland area. I scored a very cheap price so I gave it a try despite the negative reviews.
The location is definitely central to everything but the hotel is easy to miss. It is walking distance to most attractions. From the outside it doesn't look like a hotel. The hotel also has no parking lot available but there is paid parking nearby. Also before you can reach the door you might get approached by street salesmen selling cheap perfumes or other crap.
This hotel is advertised as a best western plus but I find that to be true because its very basic and there is nothing plus about this hotel.
Once you actually enter the hotel itself there's nothing much to it. There's no grand entrance to walk through. All you see is a small front desk with one or two clerks sitting behind the desk.
My room was decent but unusually small. It was also fairly clean but the room definitely could use some up keep. My room had exposed wires from the air conditioners outlet but thank god I had no children staying in the room with me.
They also offer breakfast free but I never tried it during my stay.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Celeste B
Reviewed August 5, 2017

I never write reviews, but I felt obligated to after the poor experience I had with the Envy Hotel.

The location was close enough to the Inner Harbor to book the hotel (10 minute walk). However, what the reviews do not tell you is that the location is simply unsafe. A bus stop is located right outside, which makes you constantly having to walk through several people in order to get in and out. There is also a sign upon entering saying they lock the doors "for your safety" at a certain time, which I found to be unsettling. It is also directly next to an alleyway with dumpsters right outside the entrance to the hotel.

We stayed for three nights and not once did a cleaning attendant come in to attend to our room. I had asked for towels at the front desk on our second day at which point the receptionist said that she didn't have any, and a maid should be around shortly (never happened). Finally, we had to track her down in the halls to get some for ourselves. At this point my boyfriend asked if she would be able to clean our room, as we were going to explore the Inner Harbor that night and would like to come home to a made up bed and fresh towels. She had agreed, but it never happened. Finally, on the third day we asked the front desk to send service to our room on our way out (our second attempt). We decided to call the hotel on our way back from the game to ask if it had been made up, at which point they told us that it had (third attempt). We walked in to our room never being attended to. We hadn't really expected much, as a hotel is just a place to hang our hats as we explore, but we do enjoy clean, dry towels and a little room maintenance on our mini vacations.

Additionally, the only parking available is located down the block at $25 per night. With all of this being said, I do not plan on returning to the Envy Hotel.

Room Tip: 5th floor or above (so you are not looking over an alleyway)
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple