“Top notch”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Dayton Ohio
“Top notch”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Stayed here four nights for a conference. The location is magnificent, the heart of the Inner Harbor, on the doorstep of Little Italy, with great views of the harbor and downtown Baltimore.

This place is tuned for discriminating travelers who value a little extra luxury and don't mind paying for it (or get it covered on a business expense account). If you're generally satisfied with a Motel 6 or even Hampton Inn, you probably won't want to consider the Marriott Waterfront unless you can score a significant discount from the usual rates that start at about $250. Internet connection is an extra $12.95/day, parking is another $25-40/day - whew. However ...

What a fine experience! Everyone on staff for the hotel and conference did a terrific job, friendly and helpful. The public spaces are spacious and grand, accommodations are plush, the overall ambiance is luxurious. I departed feeling pampered and satisfied. If I could find a good deal, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Creeker2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
  • Arabic first
Bonaire, Georgia
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My almost week-long stay here for a conference was thoroughly enjoyable.

Although I did not have a harbor view, the city view from the 20th floor was also impressive, especially at night.

Because I was registered for the conference, my internet service was included. Had I been required to pay full price, plus parking, plus $12.95 per night for wireless, I'd probably be a bit miffed. (But then again, this isn't a place that fits our family budget.)

I couldn't be pressed to find fault with the service of one single employee. Everyone had a genuine smile and the helpfulness was absolutely beyond reproach. Kudos to the staff!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This is the 4th time I have stayed at this hotel, and I love it! Friendly staff, loyal Marriott program, and fantastic location right on the waterfront, close to great restaurants, shopping, and all the harbor sites, as well as Fell's point and Little Italy. Water taxistops just outside hotel--takes you to harbor place, fell's point, canton, fort mchenry, etc for $10 a day. Choose a harbor or bay view room as the views are not to be missed, and ask for a higher floor. The staff are very helpful and aim to please--several chatted with me about great places for happy hour (try RA sushi a few blocks east, with half price apps and discounted drinks 4-7, or Mela in Fells Point) and restaurants when the concierge was busy. They also gave me quieter rooms on higher floors, and since they weren't booked-up, upgraded me to a suite on one occasion! The rooms are large, well designed, with lovely bright bathrooms and fine amentiies expected of an upscale Marriott. Coffee maker, high mag mirror, and hair dryer all in room. Beds are extremely comfortable. Valet or self parking available next to hotel (moderate for area) and parking and bell staff all very friendly and professional (I travel alot and these guys stood out). Restaurant on site is very good, and chef had a demo and free samples in the lobby two of the times I visited. (HInt: they participate with restaurant.com gift certificates if you are on a budget). There is also a coffee shop and a nice bar/lounge. The hotel is very busy with weddings, hockey tournaments, etc., but the staff handled them well and there was no noise on the upper floors during any of my stays (even when there was a concert at the harbor right in front of the hotel). I have also stayed at the camden yards Marriott, and while the staff and service are good there too, this location is superior and more convenient. I took long walks every day, including to dinner and for night life, and love looking out over the water. This is always my first choice when going to Baltimore, whether for business or for a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor and bay view is just as lovely as harbor view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank bagelman21andwife
Miami Lakes, FL
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed here one night. It was a busy place with two galas, a volleyball tournament, etc. There area has some great restaurants near by as well as shops and botiques. There is a Whole Foods and CVS within a couple of blocks walk. You are close to Baltimore's Little Italy and a good stroll to the Inner Harbor area.

Although super busy the hotel itself wasn't noisy up on the floors. There were several school and volleyball groups there as well. A coffee shop in the lobby serves Starbucks and light snacks. I only had my morning coffee as we did not eat in the hotel.

The staff was VERY friendly and helpful with our needs. I even saw one front desk staff member keep his cool with a difficult guest. I was very impressed with the way he handled a difficult situation that wasn't his fault......just a cranky guest!

Our room was CLEAN and the beds were very comfortable.

We had a handicap accessible room. My issues about to be stated are NOT with the hotel itself but with handicap design over all. IF you don't need or use a handicap room then the following won't apply to you. I wish there had been more handicap bars in the shower area. This roll in shower had a small flexible lip that helped contain water but design in all hotels we stay in water still gets everywhere. Why aren't the shower curtains to the floor?That 2-3 inch gap only allows water to get everywhere. The floors in handicap bathrooms are always slick and not good for somebody with mobility issues. I wish there were a fold down seat for the vanity area like there is in the shower. My husband needs to sit when brushing his teeth, etc. We always have to drag in the office chair from the desk for him to sit on. Luckily the beds in this room were the perfect height. The trend lately is for high profile beds which are hard for disabled people to get into. The beds were clean and comfortable.

Again, we had a lovely stay at this hotel and would chose it again if in the Baltimore area!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
PA
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Great service great food awesome view just great people full of service

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights for a conference held at the hotel. Upon arrival I was able to check-in early with no trouble. I had a room on the 14th floor with a beautiful view of the harbor. All the staff were very friendly and helpful; for example I asked if the cafe/gift shop area sold Tylenol and one of the staff walked me over and pointed out the options to me. Also I asked to switch rooms after the third night (my first room was one of those optional adjoining rooms and the guys in the next room had no concept of "indoor voice") so the woman at the front desk moved me to a room on the 32nd floor with no fuss. Apparently the rooms on the 32nd floor are slightly nicer and are given to Marriott members with certain point statuses. Here are the differences: the room size and furniture was the same but the bathroom had extra toiletries (body wash, cotton swabs), a bath mat, a bamboo cutting, and a terry cloth bathrobe. There was also an ipod clock radio. Both rooms had Keurig coffee makers and minifridges. The rooms themselves were pleasant and quiet with good lighting and a very comfortable bed.

The location of the hotel is ideal for exploring Baltimore. It's right on the water and there are several attractions and restaurants located within an easy 5-15 minute walk. I enjoyed several walks around the harbor.

Wireless internet is available free in the lobby but is 12.95 a day, standard for this class of hotel. The hotel pool looked very nice and the fitness room was clean and had plenty of cardio equipment and a few weight machines and dumbbells.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again if I were in the Baltimore area.

Room Tip: I think the staff will give you a harbor view if available with no extra charge.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Shalimar, Florida
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This hotel is the exception. After 1.5 weeks on the road for business travel what a treat it was to fins this hotel. Right near Mo's too.

• Stayed March 2012