“Great Harbor Views”

Baltimore Marriott Waterfront
Ranked #20 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Certainly will give you a top view of the Baltimore scenery, with the harbor view of course. A very nice, clean and well located. Good restaurant choices within walking distance for both business and family options. Concierge recommended Mo's Seafood and Pasta a few blocks away in Little Italy. It was what it looked like, a neighborhood pasta joint with good seafood. Self parking will save a few bucks.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 April 2012

I stayed here overnight during a recent weekend trip to Baltimore. Let's start with parking. Valet is $40 daily and self park is $26. We did the self park and it was pretty convenient. You can enter the hotel through the garage walkway. Check in was really fast. The room and the bathroom were average, nothing special to talk about. I had a double bed room bc king room upgrades were a $120 upgrade fee. The view was city view, not impressive (room 2160). Location was good, a 15 minute walk from power plant live. I have stayed at the renaissance in inner harbor and their location is better in my opinion.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We were there at a volleyball tournament at the convention center. Walked there every day and everywhere else we went. Location is great for dining, nightlife, shopping and sightseeing. The service at the hotel was top notch, everyone was accommodating, friendly, efficient and intelligent. We had a great time, we will definitely return!!

Room Tip: We had a room that faced the direction of the aquarium and convention center, view was fantastic!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Stayed here four nights for a conference. The location is magnificent, the heart of the Inner Harbor, on the doorstep of Little Italy, with great views of the harbor and downtown Baltimore.

This place is tuned for discriminating travelers who value a little extra luxury and don't mind paying for it (or get it covered on a business expense account). If you're generally satisfied with a Motel 6 or even Hampton Inn, you probably won't want to consider the Marriott Waterfront unless you can score a significant discount from the usual rates that start at about $250. Internet connection is an extra $12.95/day, parking is another $25-40/day - whew. However ...

What a fine experience! Everyone on staff for the hotel and conference did a terrific job, friendly and helpful. The public spaces are spacious and grand, accommodations are plush, the overall ambiance is luxurious. I departed feeling pampered and satisfied. If I could find a good deal, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Creeker2010
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My almost week-long stay here for a conference was thoroughly enjoyable.

Although I did not have a harbor view, the city view from the 20th floor was also impressive, especially at night.

Because I was registered for the conference, my internet service was included. Had I been required to pay full price, plus parking, plus $12.95 per night for wireless, I'd probably be a bit miffed. (But then again, this isn't a place that fits our family budget.)

I couldn't be pressed to find fault with the service of one single employee. Everyone had a genuine smile and the helpfulness was absolutely beyond reproach. Kudos to the staff!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This is the 4th time I have stayed at this hotel, and I love it! Friendly staff, loyal Marriott program, and fantastic location right on the waterfront, close to great restaurants, shopping, and all the harbor sites, as well as Fell's point and Little Italy. Water taxistops just outside hotel--takes you to harbor place, fell's point, canton, fort mchenry, etc for $10 a day. Choose a harbor or bay view room as the views are not to be missed, and ask for a higher floor. The staff are very helpful and aim to please--several chatted with me about great places for happy hour (try RA sushi a few blocks east, with half price apps and discounted drinks 4-7, or Mela in Fells Point) and restaurants when the concierge was busy. They also gave me quieter rooms on higher floors, and since they weren't booked-up, upgraded me to a suite on one occasion! The rooms are large, well designed, with lovely bright bathrooms and fine amentiies expected of an upscale Marriott. Coffee maker, high mag mirror, and hair dryer all in room. Beds are extremely comfortable. Valet or self parking available next to hotel (moderate for area) and parking and bell staff all very friendly and professional (I travel alot and these guys stood out). Restaurant on site is very good, and chef had a demo and free samples in the lobby two of the times I visited. (HInt: they participate with restaurant.com gift certificates if you are on a budget). There is also a coffee shop and a nice bar/lounge. The hotel is very busy with weddings, hockey tournaments, etc., but the staff handled them well and there was no noise on the upper floors during any of my stays (even when there was a concert at the harbor right in front of the hotel). I have also stayed at the camden yards Marriott, and while the staff and service are good there too, this location is superior and more convenient. I took long walks every day, including to dinner and for night life, and love looking out over the water. This is always my first choice when going to Baltimore, whether for business or for a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor and bay view is just as lovely as harbor view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank bagelman21andwife
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed here one night. It was a busy place with two galas, a volleyball tournament, etc. There area has some great restaurants near by as well as shops and botiques. There is a Whole Foods and CVS within a couple of blocks walk. You are close to Baltimore's Little Italy and a good stroll to the Inner Harbor area.

Although super busy the hotel itself wasn't noisy up on the floors. There were several school and volleyball groups there as well. A coffee shop in the lobby serves Starbucks and light snacks. I only had my morning coffee as we did not eat in the hotel.

The staff was VERY friendly and helpful with our needs. I even saw one front desk staff member keep his cool with a difficult guest. I was very impressed with the way he handled a difficult situation that wasn't his fault......just a cranky guest!

Our room was CLEAN and the beds were very comfortable.

We had a handicap accessible room. My issues about to be stated are NOT with the hotel itself but with handicap design over all. IF you don't need or use a handicap room then the following won't apply to you. I wish there had been more handicap bars in the shower area. This roll in shower had a small flexible lip that helped contain water but design in all hotels we stay in water still gets everywhere. Why aren't the shower curtains to the floor?That 2-3 inch gap only allows water to get everywhere. The floors in handicap bathrooms are always slick and not good for somebody with mobility issues. I wish there were a fold down seat for the vanity area like there is in the shower. My husband needs to sit when brushing his teeth, etc. We always have to drag in the office chair from the desk for him to sit on. Luckily the beds in this room were the perfect height. The trend lately is for high profile beds which are hard for disabled people to get into. The beds were clean and comfortable.

Again, we had a lovely stay at this hotel and would chose it again if in the Baltimore area!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple