“Convenient location, reasonable price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor

Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor
Ranked #15 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Harrisburg, PA
“Convenient location, reasonable price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

Our family booked this hotel as part of our son's fourth birthday gift - a trip to the aquarium and a stay in a hotel with an indoor pool. Our requirements were: walking distance to the aquarium, indoor pool and reasonable price. This location more than met those requirements. We brought along another family and we asked for adjoining rooms when checking in. Even though we had reserved different room configurations, they were able to accommodate our request.

Our room was very nice, with a king bed and pull-out couch for our son. The only strange thing was that the pack of linens only contained a single flat sheet, a thin blanket and a pillow. So I did have to request another sheet so that he's have something between his body and the blanket. In addition, our room faced Aliceanna Street, where there was street construction. So every time a car went over the steel plates on the road, there was a loud noise. The kids were so tired from the pool they barely noticed, but it woke us up a few times. Totally not the hotel's fault, of course.

The pool area was great for the kids and it's nice to see a hotel pool with a lifeguard. He did a great job keeping the other group of preteen boys under control and keeping the noise down. The other patrons and the staff were all so friendly.

The other great thing was being able to park in the attached garage. And they might not tell you, but you can continue to stay in the garage for a few hours after you check out - great for us as we checked out and went to the aquarium. I'd stay here again for sure.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CYHOTELMGR, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 19 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay and for letting our hotel be part of your son's birthday celebration. I was happy to see that our location in Harbor East meet all your requirements and that the indoor pool was a hit with the kids. You will be happy to hear that the metal plates are gone from the intersection and also I truly am sorry that they disturbed your sleep. Hopefully you will come back again soon to see us or on your son's fifth birthday celebration.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

This is the second time I stayed here and both times it came down to location and price. Overall the hotel is just another Courtyard in need of an update. The rooms are clean and the staff is great but it has not been updated as many are. With that being said I would stay here in a heartbeat again because the location is awesome. There is a Marriott next door that I would prefer to stay at but they are very proud of their price.

Bottom line...good hotel for the location just don't expect the latest and greatest Courtyard experience. One other thing regarding Courtyards overall...when are they going to join other hotel chains and reward Platinum members with. Free breakfast????

• Stayed February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CYHOTELMGR, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 11 February 2012
Thank you for your comments and for coming back to our hotel. I have to agree with you that we do have a wonderful location and a great staff. They try their best everyday to ensure all of our guests have a wonderful experience at our hotel. Our locations in Harbor East gives our guests easy access to Little Italy, the Inner Harbor and Fell Point. Many Courtyard's have been updated over the past two years and our hotel is due to be renovated at the end 2012 so please continue to come back and enjoy our hotel.
Lawrence
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

Stayed with the gf here after a night out checking out Baltimore and its nightlife. The location is great. The rooms were very spacious for a downtown location (I know its not Manhattan but full-sized rooms). Very clean (I'd venture to guess it's a new Courtyard). Self-Parking is a LOT expensive, but at least it connects to the hotel itself.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to post your comments. The Harbor East area is a wonderful part of Baltimore with easy access to great restaurants, shopping, the Inner Harbor, and even a movie theatre. Our Exec. Housekeeper has been at the hotel since it opened and her and her staff take great pride in keeping the hotel clean, so I will share your comments with her. We hope to see you again soon!
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

The staff were very pleasant, they upgraded us to a suite. The views were nice. My only complaint: the pool is very cold, which is a big disappointment if you want to swim or have kids who want to swim. If so, I recommend you look for a different hotel. I asked the lifeguard if anyone swims in the supposedly "heated" pool and he said no, hardly anyone does in the winter. This was the main reason I chose this inner harbor hotel over others so I was pretty disappointed. Otherwise, the hotel was nice and very clean.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CYHOTELMGR, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that the staff was pleasant and that you found our hotel clean. I truly do apologize about the temperature of the pool and how that affected your stay with us. Based on your feedback, we have contacted our pool company to look into the matter. Our systems are set up to keep the pool water around 82 degrees and the spa at 102, but from your comment I can see something must have happened. Again, I am sorry that you encountered this problem and hopefully you will give us another try in the future.
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

I enjoyed this hotel, it had friendly staff, a fun location, lots of neat little shops and restaurants nearby, and it was pretty easy access from the I-95 without being next to the freeway. The parking killed me though.- They did not tell me that they would bill me $24 a day for parking. OUCH!!!!

Room Tip: I was on the 4th floor, but realized that it was really the bottom floor... due to neighboring shops...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Scranton, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Our stay was for only one night... thankfully! (Jan. 17-18, 2012) First, the hotel pool is only open from 5PM-10PM on weekdays. Big downer for the kids! The room ammenities stated there were refrigerators & microwaves in the rooms....not our room! The bath towles were like sandpaper...no joke...you have to blot, not wipe! They were terriable, the worst I've ever experienced in a hotel and, lastly the hotel was very noisey at night, you could hear everyone around you in other rooms. I was awoken several times by other guests. We will not be returning to this hotel!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kristy M
CYHOTELMGR, General Manager at Courtyard Baltimore Downtown/Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 23 January 2012
Please accept my sincerest apology for the challenges you encountered while staying with us. While criticism of the hotel is not easy to hear, without your valuable feedback we are unable to improve and I want to thank you for taking the time to comment. Not all of our rooms have refrigerators and microwaves, but they can be delivered to your room if available and I am sorry that option was not offered to you. I am going to share your comments with our laundry department about the towels and see how we can improve this service. I know that these comments do not change your experience, but I wanted you to know that we are going to act on them and improve for the future. Again, my apologies.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

Stayed one Friday night in January. Gave us a traditional room that had a balcony with nice city view- that was an unexpected pleasant surprise. Front desk was very pleasant. Bartender was happy to serve us drinks at 10:55 even though she was closing up at 11pm. Hotel was not crowded and they had no problem giving us a late check out. Breakfast buffet for 10.95 was reasonable for the food choices (including made to order eggs and waffles) and the service was great there too. Walking distance to restaurants and a nice spa.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
What a great compliment, with wonderful comments to our different departments. I will share your review with the staff in our daily meeting and thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor. Our breakfast buffer is one of our great features with the made to order eggs, omelets, and waffles and we are glad you enjoyed it,. We hope to see you again soon.