“I should trust my instinct more”
Review of MEX Baltimore

MEX Baltimore
Ranked #686 of 2,420 Restaurants in Baltimore
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed April 7, 2018

You know that feeling you get when you arrive at an unattended host/ess stand, and the bartender and two waitresses are chatting at the opposite end of the bar, glance over at you, and continue to ignore you...and when your fish tacos DO arrive, the fish is a plank of fish...like a chicken tender, okay that's a first,...the one good thing is that the cook knows that the secret to a good fish taco is the slaw (or sauce). The fish itself is usually minimal flavor, but it shouldn't taste bad, and this fish wasn't great.

Reviewed November 20, 2017

This is a fine place to go for a drink with friends, but I can't recommend eating there. I ordered the carne asada burrito. It was very large, but most of the filling was rice and pico de gallo--and the little meat that it contained was quite chewy. When I asked about draft beer, I was told that four out of the five taps were broken; the only one functioning was Miller Lite. The service was decent on a weekday afternoon with few other patrons there.

1  Thank gbrandt2016
Reviewed September 30, 2017

Late on a Sunday this was the only place open. They had some live music and we enjoyed ourselves. Drinks were pricey, but the entertainment was worth it.

1  Thank Rob A
Reviewed May 4, 2017 via mobile

We stepped outside of the normal places. I am pleased with the selection. Groupon helps me to venture out and try different things as a family.

Reviewed April 7, 2017 via mobile

So a couple friends said I had to go here. I was timid about going after seeing the reviews on trip advisor. I went anyway and was super glad I did. The food was amazing. The hand made guac was delicious, the salsa and chips equally so. My carne asada burrito was probably one of the best I've ever had. Super flavorful and big enough you could take left overs home. The food was super cheap (as we got the daily special), but even if it wasn't the special, it would've been worth the cost. Give it a try.