All reviews across the street ymca building aveda products washington monument nice boutique hotel inner harbor vernon area hardwood floors king suite wedding weekend bathroom door parking garage room service front desk staff first floor sitting area stayed one night
Reviewed June 15, 2018

The hotel is a very nice property. The rooms were comfortable and the nieghborhood has a lot to offer. The staff was all very friendly but they seemed to lack a basic understanding of customer service. This seems a training or management problem. For example, when I called to find out the ETA on my room service since it was ordered 40 minutes ago (and was told it would be up in twenty) I was simply told they were busy and it'd be right up. Another 20 minutes later it arrives and no apology just a smiling pleasant presentation. Nice guy but some acknowledgement that they failed on that front would have been nice. That was one of a handful of things that just unnecessarily made me go...hmmm. and then the other real more important thing that keeps.this place from being great: the food. Awful. From breakfast to dinner. Oatmeal with a clump in the middle the size of a two golf balls, oversalted orzo, and dried out cake. I mean inedible and I m pretty easy on the food front. So close though. I am routing for this place.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
00gc, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Baltimore Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2018

Thank you for making the Hotel Indigo Baltimore Downtown a part of your travel plans. We are glad you had an overall nice stay and that you liked your comfy room. That being said, I am sorry that our service and dining experience was not up to your satisfaction. We take your feedback as a training tool to improve our future guest's experiences. Your business is appreciated, and we look forward to hosting you back soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at Hotel Indigo for 2 weeks for business and it was awesome! The service exceeded my expectations 100% and that’s how it should be. The ambience in the lobby was very welcoming but also relaxing. The front desk team, restaurant staff, valet and housekeeping did an amazing job in making me feel comfortable like at home.

The food is slightly pricey but the morning I had breakfast it was delicious. Compliments to the chef who prepared it !!

I’d definitely recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

Thank you !

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Indigo Baltimore Downtown and recommending us. We are delighted to read our staff was attentive to your needs and made you feel at home. It's important that all of our guests enjoy a comfortable and carefree stay. We look forward to sharing your positive feedback with our team. Please visit us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed June 7, 2018

I was on a quick business trip to Baltimore, and stayed at the Hotel Indigo for 1 night. Wish it had been longer. The hotel was absolutely lovely from the lobby, to the café, and the room itself. There were so many thoughtful touches everywhere. The room was beautifully appointed, and understatedly elegant. Everything was laid out nicely, and I had room for all my things. The different and eclectic provided more than ample lighting. I very much appreciated the Aveda products and the thick soft towels. The one drawback was the length of time it took for the shower water to get hot. Probably a full 10 minutes of waiting. The staff could not have been more accommodating, and the breakfast café was very nice. Everything was top-notch at the Hotel Indigo!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank GeorgeW1111
00gc, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Baltimore Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2018

George, thank you for choosing the Hotel Indigo Baltimore Downtown for your business trip. Nothing is more important than your satisfaction, so we are delighted to know how happy you were with all the aspects of our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back soon for another enjoyable experience.

Reviewed June 7, 2018

It's always tricky to maintain a friendly boutique hotel balanced with the demands of professionalism and modern functionality. This hotel manages this balance nicely. The rooms are very nice and spacious. The gym is well equipped and 24/7. The staff are friendly and the restaurant has some splendid dishes. The hotel often has some live music which is really enjoyable,

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark R
Jason C, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Baltimore Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2018

Mark R,

I appreciate the time you've taken to write this review. We do our best to create an upscale boutique experience without the pretentiousness often found in upscale boutique hotels. It's refreshing to read reviews such as yours.

Thank you for staying with us. I hope to meet you on your next visit to Baltimore.

Jason

Reviewed June 6, 2018 via mobile

Hotel Manager unresponsive after multiple times reaching out for booking. After winning a nights stay at a fundraiser we tried to stay on multiple occasions and all days are blocked from usage (we go to Baltimore on the weekend, not on a Wednesday). After contacting the Manager Jason Curtis to extend certificate he was rude about the situation. My business will go elsewhere and do not recommend staying here.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jjb811

Dear Mr. Jjb811- I've been anticipating your review. It's unfortunate when people misrepresent the facts. I have responded to every email you've sent. Here are the facts:

You won a complimentary gift certificate over a year ago. One that our hotel donated to a local charity as a fund raiser.
The directions for making reservations are on the certificate.
You made a reservation back in May 2017, yes, 2017. (It's now June 2018) by calling our Central Reservations Office (directions on the certificate indicate that reservations are to be made by emailing me directly).
When the reservations agent confirmed the room for you, back in May 2017, you advised that you were redeeming a certificate. The agent then advised that she couldn't redeem the certificate and that you'd need to contact the hotel directly.
You emailed me and I advised that I was out of the office and would have a manager on duty respond to you. I also advised that the proper procedures for redeeming a donated certificate were on the certificate. (I was out of the office on vacation and still responded to your email, ironically. May 26, 2017 at 3:44PM).
The manager on duty responded that there wasn't availability to redeem a certificate, but that she'd be happy to add a day to the existing reservation that you had just made, or you could offer dates for future visits and we'd check on availability for those dates.
You cancelled that reservation.
From May 2017 until this past week, we had not heard from you. Not once.
Last week you contacted me advising that you had a certificate that had expired and you wished to redeem it.
I advised that we would not be able to extend the donated certificate, per the terms and conditions printed on the certificate.
You said if I couldn't extend the certificate that you'd write a review, thus here we are.

I'm sorry you feel this is Poor Management. It truly isn't the case. We're an award winning hotel and one of the top 6 hotels in Baltimore City, out of 69, based on customer reviews. We rank as one of the "Best of the Best" hotels in the IHG System (Intercontinental, Kimpton, Hotel Indigo, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Even Hotels, etc).