“First Class Meal”
Review of Ouzo Bay

Ouzo Bay
Reserve with OpenTable
Ouzo Bay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 2,089 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Central Ave.
Description: Located in Harbor East, Ouzo Bay focuses on authentic Greek cuisine, emphasizing the freshest seafood and responsible cuisine. The opulent space offers a full service bar and lounge, as well as an extensive patio with outdoor seating during the Spring and Summer months. The dining room has beautiful views of the Inner Harbor and Baltimore cityscape.
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Located right on East Harbor, this restaurant specializes in seafood. A medium sized place, with outdoor seating and a nice bar with two TVs. Tables are not exactly intimate but we did not feel crowded, even though the tables are close together. There are a few booths also. The place was not real busy (but not slow) so I expect if the place is packed it would be very noisy and you may be elbow to elbow.

A nice selection on the menu along with daily specials. A good sized wine list which there is something for everyone. Service was attentive and informed. Waiter was able to answer our questions and make suggestions. I let him pick the wine within my budget and taste. The grilled calamari was excellent as was the Chilean Sea Bass and Seafood Risotto. We had a wonderful night and the service and food quality was a part of that.

Know that traffic and parking can be challenging so plan accordingly. Not sure if they had valet parking, but they are on a corner where currently (Aug 2017) there is a lot of construction going on so you can't drive up to the front. I don't give 5 stars often. As I said, a great meal and a great evening. I would go back.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

I'm not a chef, so I don't know what goes into cooking octopus, but every time I've had it prior to last night, it's been chewy and kind of had a weird flavor. Well, Ouzo Bay officially changed my mind on what's possible with octopus. Their take on it was meaty, tender, and had an absolutely amazing flavor. So yeah, start with that. Saganaki (flaming cheese) is also a must. For entrees, we had lamb shank and rockfish. Lamb shank was again extremely tender and perfectly seasoned, and the rockfish followed suit by being wonderfully juicy. For dessert we went with baklava (with house-made vanilla ice cream) and panna cotta. The baklava had a perfect syrup-nut-filo ratio and the ice cream added a nice refreshing note. The panna cotta also didn't disappoint, so this is definitely a restaurant where you want to save room for dessert if possible. Throughout the meal we enjoyed several cocktails, all of which were delicious, perfectly balanced, and different than we've had elsewhere. We were then given a complimentary shot of ouzo at the end of the meal which was a nice touch. On top of the food being amazing, the staff are friendly and extremely knowledgeable of their food offerings, and the ambience is extremely inviting. This was one of those meals that was solid from start to finish, leaves you with a smile on your face, and is by far one of the best I've had in Baltimore. Ouzo Bay definitely needs to be on your radar whether you're a local or just passing through town.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Greek restaurant where you select your fish/seafood from the display. The food is fresh & the preparations are basic and traditional.. nothing fancy or different! Service is attentive. Prices are on the upper range but @ least you are assured that the fish is fresh. The Branzino was good. Any accompaniments are extra, You can easily spend more than $100 per person.
The Nice setting is currently encumbered with the construction upfront.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

I consider the ONLY safe place to get sea food in Baltimore. Very well trained staff. My favorite people are the bartenders Renee and Will expertise and carisma are unparalleled.
The Octopus appetizer is a MUST try.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Went there Saturday night for a business dinner. Started off well with a maitre'de that happily accommodated our change of party number for a crowded restaurant in prime time.

The server did not give use his name (as none did on our trip to Baltimore) but was entertaining and helpful and was neither MIA nor hovering. Excellent service with runners and buss staff being very attentive without being intrusive.

The selection of appetizers was excellent but somewhat restricted to classic Greek dishes (hey, it's a Greek restaurant). We did Spanakopeta, Grilled Octopus, Grilled Squid. all outstanding.

Two of us went with the server's suggested sauted softshell crab. Buttery, sweet and perfectly prepared. my other friends had a second appetizer and the SeaBass.

We were thoroughly pleased with every aspect of dinner. And by the way, the bourbon list was outstanding.

Highly recommended