“Good food and service”
Review of La Scala

La Scala
Reserve with OpenTable
La Scala is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 2,094 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Little Italy
Cross street: S. Central/Exeter
Transit: We offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from all downtown hotels.
Description: Chef owned and operated Italian casual fine dining restaurant located in historic Little Italy. Home of Baltimore's only indoor bocce ball court. We offer a complimentary shuttle to the surrounding area and in walking distance to Harbor East, Inner Harbor and Fells Point.
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had an early dinner here on a Sunday night. Busy (a Ravens game had ended earlier) so I would recommend reservations. We were very pleased with the food and service. Highly recommend the shrimp luana and the veal Marsala. And the fig and blue cheese appetizer that was a special that night was fabulous. Our server did a wonderful job and I'm still so impressed at how he could pour a glass of wine from several feet away.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

La Scala did not disappoint. We did not have a reservation but they were able to fit us in. The staff is so nice and attentive. Grilled caesar salad was a special and was absolutely delicious. Would get it again in a heartbeat. The veal parm was delicious. A definite stop in Baltimore.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

I am always suspect of gnocchi at Italian restaurants, so I asked "do you make this?" and "Is it fresh?" I was assured it was hand made that day. I was torn between trying the gnocchi and a lobster and crab penne special. The waiter suggested that I get the special over gnocchi instead of the penne. Excellent recommendation! I was blown away; simply one of the best meals I have had this year. The gnocchi was unbelievable and lived up to my high expectations. Those little "pillows of love" paired perfectly with crab and lobster in a vodka sauce. If you go to Baltimore, make sure you get to La Scala for an excellent meal!

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

My wife was very pleased with her veal piccata and I with chicken cacciatore. We had a bottle of fine 2012 Amarone from their good wine list; and then each of us had great deserts. This is a restaurant that has character, and trades on its food. Highly recommended if you want good, authentic Italian food and are less concerned with decor.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We have had a lot of Italian, all over the world's and this is at the top of our list. The original antipasto was a great way to start. The veal piccata was tender and delicious. The seafood stew was probably the very best in quality and quantity of seafood.

We had the older, stuffy waiter. He never made us wait for anything, he was always at our table. A little hard to understand, a little longer to warm up to us, but well worth the excellent service.

Definitely a place we will come back to when we return to Baltimore.