“Friday evening”
Review of La Scala

La Scala
Reserve with OpenTable
La Scala is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 2,392 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Little Italy
Cross street: S. Central/Exeter
Transit: We offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from all downtown hotels.
Description: Chef owned and operated Italian casual fine dining restaurant located in historic Little Italy. Home of Baltimore's only indoor bocce ball court. We offer a complimentary shuttle to the surrounding area and in walking distance to Harbor East, Inner Harbor and Fells Point.
Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

Visited with another couple on a busy Saturday night. First thing, they offer a free shuttle from your hotel. My wife and shared the salumeria appetizer. We chose two cheeses and the prosciutto. It was excellent. My wife had the veal special and I had the veal saltimbucca. They were both very good. My sister had veal marsala and my brother in law had pasta with shrimp. Service was very good . We took a walk around the neighborhood after dinner. Highly recommend!

Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

My sister and I went to La Scala for happy hour last night and the food and drinks were incredible. I can't believe what we enjoyed for $6 each. Delicious espresso martinis and cosmos. Perfect fried mozzarella with homemade tomato sauce and artichokes wrapped in prosciutto. And some very garlicky and yummy green beans and potato. I am used to your standard happy hour food and cheap drinks. This was so above the rest, it was ridiculous. And a great bargain! Someday we'll have to return for a full meal. I'm sure it's equally delicious. Oh, and our bartender and everyone we came into contact with was super friendly, attentive, and professional. They really made us feel taken care of. This visit was a true treat.

Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had an early dinner here on a Sunday night. Busy (a Ravens game had ended earlier) so I would recommend reservations. We were very pleased with the food and service. Highly recommend the shrimp luana and the veal Marsala. And the fig and blue cheese appetizer that was a special that night was fabulous. Our server did a wonderful job and I'm still so impressed at how he could pour a glass of wine from several feet away.

Reviewed September 18, 2017

La Scala did not disappoint. We did not have a reservation but they were able to fit us in. The staff is so nice and attentive. Grilled caesar salad was a special and was absolutely delicious. Would get it again in a heartbeat. The veal parm was delicious. A definite stop in Baltimore.

Reviewed September 17, 2017

I am always suspect of gnocchi at Italian restaurants, so I asked "do you make this?" and "Is it fresh?" I was assured it was hand made that day. I was torn between trying the gnocchi and a lobster and crab penne special. The waiter suggested that I get the special over gnocchi instead of the penne. Excellent recommendation! I was blown away; simply one of the best meals I have had this year. The gnocchi was unbelievable and lived up to my high expectations. Those little "pillows of love" paired perfectly with crab and lobster in a vodka sauce. If you go to Baltimore, make sure you get to La Scala for an excellent meal!

Been to La Scala? Share your experiences!