“60th Birthday Dinner”
Review of La Scala

La Scala
Reserve with OpenTable
La Scala is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 2,238 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Little Italy
Cross street: S. Central/Exeter
Transit: We offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from all downtown hotels.
Description: Chef owned and operated Italian casual fine dining restaurant located in historic Little Italy. Home of Baltimore's only indoor bocce ball court. We offer a complimentary shuttle to the surrounding area and in walking distance to Harbor East, Inner Harbor and Fells Point.
Reviewed October 12, 2017

Ate at this restaurant 2 nights ago. Lovely and delicious Birthday Dinner for my husband. Husband had the Veal Piccata and I the Chicken Parmigiana. The pasta is made on-site and made to perfection! There is a cold plate of green beans and potatoes on the table prior to sitting down. Never had this before and it grew on you. We had oil and Italian bread. Did not order apps or dessert. The noise level is loud possibly due to a large business party and/or indoor boccie court.. The food is amazing and the waitstaff attentive. Would highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

We went here for a business dinner. Our server Jose was beyond wonderful. The appetizers and specials were delicious!! They have a wonderful wine list! I can't say enough good things. The food was cooked and served to perfection for our party of 10. We stayed more than an hour past their closing time and they did not rush us. I would eat here again and again! Highly recommend!! Get the Limoncello at the end and try a cannoli!!

Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

Went for a business dinner with about 9 other people. Our server Jose did an excellent job and the food was terrific. Would definitely go againz

Reviewed October 3, 2017

I've been here twice; once with a friend, this last time with my husband for our Anniversary. Meal prices range from $15-17 for pasta to $23-25 for traditional to $35+ for unique & delicious combinations. Salads are alacarte. Wine by the glass are $8+ which I feel is a bit steep, but, I bought one anyway and enjoyed it. Complimentary warm rolls are served as is a plate of chilled, marinated green beans - yum! I had the Caesar salad & my husband the garden salad. Both were fresh & crisp. The pasta served with/as main courses was tender and melt-in-your-mouth. We didn't ask, but, it had to be homemade! My main course was a splurge at $35, but, so worth it! Veal Scaloppini with lump crab meat and 2 large shrimp then a sauce of white wine and Old Bay Seasoning. Wow, what a great combination for a sauce! Not spicy; just enough OB to add some flavor and not overpower the rest of the food. My leftovers tasted as good. While we were there several large groups were also being served.

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

I visited La Scala for the first time in a long while this past Friday PM. This was probably my fifth visit in the last five or six years. With each visit the price goes up, and the quality goes down.

On this trip my wife and I each had the Chicken Parmigiana (about $23 each), and shared a house speciality grilled Caesar salad. We had the salad as the waiter said t would serve two. Each of us received maybe four or five skimpy pieces of romaine. Salad did not include red onions or croutons or tomatoes. I am glad as I sit here now cannot remember the price of his pitiful salad. I can certainly make grilled caesar on my own that tastes better.

The chicken parmigiana came and the portion was adequate. The side pasta that came with it was not. For $23 you’d think the side pasta would be a fair portion. The chicken was ok at best. For $23 it should be more than just ok. Again I can make a better tasting chicken parmigiana then La Scala.

Since we had a party of 6 we were charged automatically 20% for the tip. I thought 15% was standard? While the service was fine it did not warrant a $100 automatic tip.

Including wine and tip each couple paid approximately $160 per couple for very average food. No wonder on a Friday night the place was half empty.

On the way out the hostess seemed annoyed that members of our party took more than one Andes mint chocolate at the hostess stand. For $160+ per couple I’ll take as many as I want La Scala.

There is a reason I rarely go here and this confirmed why. It is overpriced and expense for food that you can make yourself at home. The whole point to go out to a “upper end” restaurant is to have food you can’t replicate at home. This food can easily be done at home. Save yourself $80/person and stay home.

2  Thank Chrisfr0mMD

Been to La Scala? Share your experiences!