“great service and food”

Dalesio's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 2,089 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Little Italy
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Went on Sun 9/17 and got seated right away. Waiter was very attentive and very nice (wish I could have remembered his name), but should point out that we were there about 4:30 and not a lot of other customers at that point. We had tough time making decision, but I ended up getting linguni with Procusita, mushroom and peas-it was excellent. My husband had Veal Bolognese, which he thought was excellent as well. The only negative was waiter didn't bring us bread and we saw other tables getting bread, so then I asked if we would get bread too, and then he said yes and brought the bread, so assume he just forgot. Otherwise, Food, service, and ambiance was great. I would go again.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Went last weekend with two friends and we ordered a mozzarella salad to share, a veal dish, eggplant parm, and a pasta dish along with a side of meatballs. The meatballs were terrible - hard, small, and little flavor. The mozzarella salad ($11) was skimpy and mostly lettuce but the quality of the cheese was good. The Veal Franchese was delicious but consisted of two small pieces for $21. The eggplant parm was also good but small portions (two rolled up pieces) for $19. The pasta dish was penne alla vodka and it was pretty good and a decent portion for $17. The bread came plain with no butter or oil to dip it into. We had to ask three times for some butter or oil for the bread. We also ordered a bottle of red and one friend had a few glasses of white wine. We finished with a chocolate lava cake with vanilla ice cream which was plenty to share. Bill with tip was $180 (for 3) and we left feeling like it was not a good value for what we received. On the positive, we liked the very small outdoor seating area on the side. Our waiter was a cute Australian guy who did a nice job so no fault to him.

1  Thank Laura H
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We went for a dinner with 6 of us this week. It located in the "Little Italy" section of Baltimore and is a nice place inside. It was a Tuesday evening right after Labor Day, and was not crowded at all. We were promptly greeted and seated, with drink/wine order taken right away, and water served all around. The waiter was very good, but could have checked in a couple of more times during dinner. I had the warm salad to start off, and this is a bit unique. It had interesting flavors, was good, but to be honest, I am not sure I would get it again. Bread was served, but no butter or olive oil that I could see on the table. I had the eggplant Parm for my main course, and it came with a small side of pasta. The eggplant was nicely cooked, but lacked flavor. The sauce was unremarkable (both on the eggplant and on the pasta), and the mozzarella cheese on the eggplant was also lacking flavor. The highlight was the desserts. We tried several, and these were pretty good. The wine list is decent, and very reasonably priced. My associates had various dishes of fish and meat, but I heard no exclamations of excellence during dinner. Overall value for the meal was OK. Maybe we just got them on an off night. I really liked the server, manager, quiet atmosphere and charm.

1  Thank Charles L
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Had an early dinner with colleague. Warmly greeted and promptly seated. The garlic bread is fantastic and the salad is cold and crisp. I had a crab cake special with risotto. It was fantastic! My colleague had the eggplant which was equally terrific. This place deserves the high ranking!

1  Thank Vinman811
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We didn't even get to eat there because we were treated so rudely by the host. He was so unfriendly and basically said that they couldn't serve us. Really? I have never been told that, ever!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member