“Fiorentina - Friday night out”

Dalesio's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 2,075 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Little Italy
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Went to Dalesios on a street recommendation from David. David's service was excellent and despite having to pay extra for garlic bread and Insalata Umbria salad, we all enjoyed the main entrees: Scampi Alla Sardegna, Frutti Di Mare Alla Mediterranea. Pollo con Marsala, and Veal Bolognese. Good atmosphere for a Friday night out

Reviewed 29 September 2017

I had a dinner at Dalesio on one of my recent trip to Baltimore. The restaurant is pretty big but was quiet that night, so we got to sit at the second floor balcony - which is pretty cool on a late summer night.

One thing I have to mention is that Dalesio does not seem to provide bread to its guests upon sitting down, which is very odd in a Italian restaurant. I just read one review here from MplsMary saying that she had to ask before the server brought the bread to them. Our waiter apparently did not bring us bread, so we ordered the garlic bread from the menu that costs 5 bucks. The price is okay but I would prefer just a small loaf of bread that I can dip with olive oil and balsamic vinegar had I known that I could ask for that. The other food we ordered is okay. I especially love Insalata Umbria -- the greens tossed with creamy gorgonzola and walnut and raisins are marvelous. The entrees we ordered are okay, but nothing really stands out.

Service is okay. The busboy is very attentive (probably a little bit over-attentive, but in a good way), but the waiter seems to be overwhelmed by tables both upstairs and downstairs, indoors and outdoors. I guess it's a slow day for them so the restaurant is probably under-staffed. But it really takes him a while before he got our credit cards and got them charged - apparently he had to run downstairs to do the transaction. I am not sure why he could not use the one at the second floor.

Overall I had a decent meal at Dalesio's, but I am not sure if the dining experience is that memorable that I will recommend it t. That's why I only gave this place 3 stars.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

We had pastries 3 days in a row in Little Italy and finally decided it was time to try some dinner. We usually do not like to sit at a small table, but there seemed to be some ambience in dining here. The restaurant was not loud, and we felt really relaxed, of course having wine helps. Our waiter may have provided the best service we have ever received. All of his encounters of service were timely. Any time our wine glasses were low, he arrived and poured us to full. The lasagna was very good, a must have. As for the veal Saltimbocca, such a disappointment. I received 3 or 4 medallions that were overcooked and very unappetizing. I received a small side of pasta that the cook forgot to drain completely and diluted the sauce. The side salad was nice and cold. The garlic bread was good. This is one of those places where I would return because of the excellent service.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Went on Sun 9/17 and got seated right away. Waiter was very attentive and very nice (wish I could have remembered his name), but should point out that we were there about 4:30 and not a lot of other customers at that point. We had tough time making decision, but I ended up getting linguni with Procusita, mushroom and peas-it was excellent. My husband had Veal Bolognese, which he thought was excellent as well. The only negative was waiter didn't bring us bread and we saw other tables getting bread, so then I asked if we would get bread too, and then he said yes and brought the bread, so assume he just forgot. Otherwise, Food, service, and ambiance was great. I would go again.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Went last weekend with two friends and we ordered a mozzarella salad to share, a veal dish, eggplant parm, and a pasta dish along with a side of meatballs. The meatballs were terrible - hard, small, and little flavor. The mozzarella salad ($11) was skimpy and mostly lettuce but the quality of the cheese was good. The Veal Franchese was delicious but consisted of two small pieces for $21. The eggplant parm was also good but small portions (two rolled up pieces) for $19. The pasta dish was penne alla vodka and it was pretty good and a decent portion for $17. The bread came plain with no butter or oil to dip it into. We had to ask three times for some butter or oil for the bread. We also ordered a bottle of red and one friend had a few glasses of white wine. We finished with a chocolate lava cake with vanilla ice cream which was plenty to share. Bill with tip was $180 (for 3) and we left feeling like it was not a good value for what we received. On the positive, we liked the very small outdoor seating area on the side. Our waiter was a cute Australian guy who did a nice job so no fault to him.

1  Thank Laura H