“Thirteen guests and One Waitress who Handled it All!”
Review of Don Pablo's

Don Pablo's
Ranked #691 of 2,388 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 23, 2018

I went to Don Pablo's for the first time recently to celebrate the birthday of a friend whose husband had set the party up as a surprise. It definitely was a surprise, and a very happy one at that, but our waitress handled everything with great aplomb! She was cheerful and pleasant throughout, and though she did have a little help when it came time to serve the food, she was nonetheless very busy. Someone at our table realized that our chips had largely gotten soaked in oil and had become tough and chewy, but the waitress simply removed the spoiled batches and brought back fresh ones which were definitely crisp and tasty. She kept up with the rotating and refilling of the drinks, and the food was served without much waiting. I had two large chili rellenos and a beef taco that came with beans and rice, but I could only eat one and a half of the chili rellenos so after eating the beans and rice I saved the rest and the taco to have for lunch the next day. Someone brought specialty cupcakes from a nearby store as the birthday cake, and the restaurant didn't mind that we had brought the dessert cake in. Don Pablo's is a fairly large place and good for having large groups, although I'm not sure but they may have other private areas if you're looking to have a very private party. Though there were other people there having parties, we got a late start due to some late arrivals and we didn't start the party activities until after eating, so there were very few other patrons left in the place when we started celebrating. Everyone seemed to enjoy the food and drinks, and my chili rellenos and taco were delicious for the two lunches I got out of them. The staff was very cheerful and must be used to having birthday parties there a lot because they had some sort of birthday party routine they went through for a couple of other groups. (I think our host declined their performance for some reason.) Someday I'm going to go back and try the food when it's NOT someone's birthday!

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Food was excellent Member of their club so had a $15 off coupon Got a free birthday dessert also Service fairly quick Kept drinks filled

Reviewed May 27, 2018

Good family place with a typical American-Mexican menu. Generous portions at a reasonable price. Good service. Does not stand out in any way.

Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

Took my mother here today for an early Mother’s Day. The chips and salsa were just ok. The guacamole was the worst I’ve ever had. My husband and I ordered the fajitas to split and the tortillas were stuck together and you could barely pull them apart and they were the strangest texture. The beans had a horrible flavor. The rice was just disgusting. And the sweet corn cake was very undercooked. The margaritas were so watered down and you couldn’t even taste the alcohol and they were ridiculously priced at $7.99 and not that big. Overall, this was a very disappointing meal and quite frankly a huge waste of money. Will not be going back.

1  Thank Jennifer7707
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

With so many other good Mexican restaurants, I find that I’m not much of a fan any longer of Don Pablo’s.
The service was fine but the food wasn’t as good as I have had elsewhere.
On this trip, I tried the steak fajita burrito and there wasn’t much steak. There were plenty of peppers and beans though. Everyone else in my party seemed to enjoy their lunch so it may just have been me. I was definitely disappointed in the lack of steak in the burrito.