“Unbelievable Ribs!”

Price range: US$20 - US$20
Neighbourhood: Mount Vernon
Neighbourhood: Mount Vernon
Reviewed January 17, 2017

I've been coming to this place for many years. The ribs by far are the best in town and some of the best I've ever tasted. There's also an extensive selection of everything from sandwiches to pastas to large entrees, even some Tex-Mex.

There's a great happy hour from 4p-7p Mon-Sat, and a great brunch Sat-Sun. Go for the eggs Mexicali, it's always been my favorite and has been a staple on the menu for years.

Head to the "saloon" downstairs to grab a drink and some bites with friends, or head upstairs to the "stable" for a more dining room experience. This place is also very LGBT-friendly.

Reviewed January 5, 2017

My spouse and I had an excellent meal in the upstairs dining area. For a change, we were both traditional; she had crab cakes and I had a steak. Both were prepared very well, and we enjoyed our dinner very much. We got good service from our waiter. While this appears to be a place for locals, we felt welcome as tourists. Happy hour prices for beer were available in the dining area. We liked the funky atmosphere. Overall, the food and the location hit the spot after a full day of sight seeing. A bit toward the higher price range, but we thought it was worth it.

Reviewed November 3, 2016

We lived just a couple blocks from the restaurant back in 2001-2003, so I used to go there often. I was back in Baltimore on a business trip, staying downtown. But I walked up Charles Street to Mount Vernon to go to this restaurant again. Baltimore continues to do an excellent job of restoring its historic buildings, and there are many in Mount Vernon!

I had ribs with french fries, and a couple of glasses of a nice Cabernet, and sort of eves-dropped on conversations at nearby tables. A very nice, comfortable atmosphere.

Reviewed October 10, 2016

We will definitely come back to this place when we visit Baltimore again. The food was so good and there are many more things on the menu that we want to try. The ribs are AMAZING and the crab bisque was delicious. I'm so glad that I only got a cup because it was so rich.

Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

Nice to grab a beer. They have 2 pinball machines. And some tvs. Drinks were reasonably priced. The Simpsons pinball was fun.