“Inner Harbor FUN!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore
Ranked #10 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed 20 February 2012

IDEAL location to Little Italy, the harbor and Fells Point. Great room and LOVED the kitchen with FULL -SIZED FRIDGES! Great service too, and very clean room. Had a great time in a great city! It was a "Man Weekend" with a buddy of mine, and a much-needed retreat from our lovely ladies! Plus, we live close to Baltimore in PA, so it was convenient as well. Would definitely go back & stay at this place! Also, my buddy and I were supposed to get two beds the first night, but they over-booked, so we had to use a room w/ pull-out sofa bed, and I slept in that & gave him the bedroom bed...but they changed our room the next day, and gave us ONE NIGHT FREE since they made a "mistake!" That was a really NICE surprise and gesture on their part! LOVED the place! Didn't get to use the pool or fitness stuff though, cuz there was just too much to do in & around the area! FUN TIMES! Great for a simple weekend away! Great bars in Fells Point too, complete with cobblestone streets!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank musicjustintime
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your experience during your recent visit. I am sorry that we did not iniatially accommodate your reservation type with the double beds, but I am very pleased that the hotel team responded so quickly to make it right for you and your friend.
Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor in the future!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,169)

Reviewed 11 February 2012

You can't ask for a better location! Little Italy, all Inner harbor attractions, restaurants and more are within a walk or short cab ride. There is a health club attached to the hotel. Services at this club include a pool and work out machines. These are free for hotel guests.
The free Charm City Circulator bus is nearby which takes you to many different areas.
CVS is nearby open 24 hours.
The free breakfast was normal fare (eggs, bacon, sausage, coffee, etc.).
We felt our room was a little cramped for 4 adults. We had one large open room with a king bed , pull out sofa and kitchen area. There was only 1 TV and no wall separating the sofa from the bed.
We would go back to this hotel but get a larger room next time.

Room Tip: I hear that rooms ending in the number 51 have great views of the harbor and are a bit larger.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank jabo123
Reviewed 9 February 2012

If you are not familiar with Homewood Suites, this is a Hilton property that is similar to the Residence Inn by Marriott - it has all large suites (some studios and 1BR and 2BR) with a full kitchen. In my opinion, the studios are better laid out for business travelers. The amenities include free microwave popcorn in room, free dinner/reception Sun-Th with wine/beer, free full breakfast. P.S, I am a Hilton Diamond member so I stay at Homewood Suites a lot and I am very picky.

This Homewood Suites is very new, and somewhat atypical. It is a 12 story building - not spread out like most (however, it is inner city unlike most). It shares the building with a Hilton Garden Inn (same lobby, parking garage). The front desk is split -left side Homewood Suites (go up left elevator to rooms), and Hilton Garden Inn on right side. The second floor has the "lounge" for breakfast/dinner. The room is laid out a bit different than most Homewood Suites, with a non-movable combo desk/dresser splitting the room in half with the flat screen TV attached to the top next to the desk - you sit at the desk 2 ft from TV screen.

PROS:
* Very modern and clean.
* Quiet, thermostat controlled temperature (central heat/cold - not window unit).
* Extremely accommodating and pleasant staff - they know customer service here.
* Close to everything - Roy's across street, Talera next door, Movie Theater, Starbucks and HaaganDas Ice Cream next door on other side, Whole Foods behind. Littly Italy and Fells Point within walking distance. Very safe neighborhood (Inner Harbor East).
* Very quiet (however higher floors are better) and ample light from large windows
* Large bathroom
* Easy on and off from I-83.
* Good price/excellent value

CONS (Mostly minor):
* Expensive parking ($32/night).
* Not close to convention center which is on the west side of the harbor.
* Spotty housekeeping service - Not all towels replaced daily (they took but did not leave any behind 2 of 4 days I was here), popcorn/coffee never replaced - but was correctly instantly by front desk who provided extra box of cookies for trouble. Comforter cover never replaced - saw the same stains every day. This is the main reason I did not give it 5 stars.
* Drawers for clothes are a bit small.
* Very slow internet at times.

One point to be aware of: They say they have self-parking (entrance off Exeter St), but it is run by a private garage and you will have to pay every time you go in and out - cannot bill on hotel. However, you can enter hotel directly from garage. Valet parking is very good (valet remembered my name every day) and quick (can text for car in AM). They were able to switch from self to valet at check-in.

Also if driving in Baltimore area, be aware of many photo-enforced speed traps.

Overall this was a great place to stay and I will pick it as my first choice when in the area again.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank drichrx
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We stayed here for a quick family trip to Baltimore in November. Hotel is connected to the Embassy Suites and there is one, understaffed front desk for both Hilton branded hotels. We are Hilton Honors Diamond card holders...however, there was no separate line for check in for either hotel. We mistakenly booked a smoking room and did not realize it. When we arrived and found out, we asked to be switched to a non smoking room since two of us have asthma and can't stay in a smoking room. After 15 minutes of staring into a computer with the check in line growing and growing behind us, they decided they did not have any comparable non smoking rooms that evening (a Friday night) but we were assured we would be able to switch for the second night of our stay. Since it was our mistake, we were disappointed, but agreed to wait until the second night to switch and we squeezed into a smaller room that was non smoking. They said they would call us as soon as the new room was available and would move our luggage for us. Went up to the complimentary evening reception and I got the last glass of wine from the pitcher, which they were not refilling even though there was a half hour left until the end of the stated time, and the food was mostly gone and not being refilled as well. Our room was nice and clean, but a bit cozy for my family. Next day we left our luggage packed and ready to be moved, and when we returned from sightseeing around 4pm it was all as we had left it. Made another visit to the overworked front desk, and spend another full 20 minutes waiting for them to find a room to move us to as promised...no one had done anything about it. And once again the check in line behind us grew as I heard grumbles and felt the angry eyes staring at the back of my head while I waited for the front desk staff to do their job. Finally they found us a room - again and they sent the porter up with me to help with the bags (very nice guy...the only person in the whole hotel who actually did his job with a smile). Valet parking was fine...we left our car there and walked to downtown and the aquarium. The other odd thing about the hotel was that it did not really have it's own pool, but rather was attached to a gym that we were allowed to use. While the gym and pool facilities were nice, the gym closed early on the weekends and my children were very disappointed they could not go in the pool in the evening. The location was so convenient and the hotel was fine. I think, however, that I would not stay here again unless Hilton steps in and brings the level of service up to par with what we expect from a Hilton property of this type.

Room Tip: Make sure you book what you need...you won't be able to switch if you make a mistake.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ecrmum
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your visit to Baltimore and I am sorry that you did not thoroughly enjoy your visit. I understand that it is frustrating to not change your initial reservation during check-in and I am very sorry that the hotel did not have a different room available for you at that time due to ther reservations previously reserving rooms. I will absolutely follow-up with the team members regarding the room move the following day as to the delay.
We are pleased that the award-winning MAC (Maryland Athletic Club) is available to all of our guests for their enjoyment. The Wellness Center does open in the early morning hours and closes at 6pm on the weekends. I am sorry this did not meet your family's needs.
Again, thank you for taking the time to share the details of your visit. The feedback will certainly be used towards improvements.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Weekend escape for two adults. Our suite had a full kitchen, living room, bath, one bedroom. LCD screen TV's in both bedroom and living room. Also think sofa in living room is a pullout sofa. (I'd recommend this type of rooms for families with small kids.) Place looked brand new, or close to it - immaculately clean. Usual comfortable bed by Hilton (though seemed a bit short for a King.) Very nice furnishings, tile work in room, and nice lobby area. Room was quiet, and windows partially open for fresh air. Building was shared with the Hilton Garden Inn, though the rooms for the Homewood Suite side looked much larger and appeared to be nicer. Health Club inside same building (free access for guests) is the size of a supermarket, with several pools. Can walk to "Inner Harbor" and "Fells Point." Free breakfast was your typical Hampton Inn buffet - nothing great, but not bad. Staff very helpful. Would stay again. (And because of the usual good rooms, I always try to stay at a Hilton owned property.)

Room Tip: We had room 453 - front of building, with windows on two sides. Assume all X53 rooms are similar.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to share the details of your visit to Baltimore. I am very pleased you enjoyed your time so much! We are very conveniently located to many Baltimore attractions and the Harbor East neighborhood has many wonderful restaurants and shops. The full-suites, standard in all Homewood Suites hotels, are definitely a bonus for guests traveling on business and I am pleased that you enjoyed it. Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor in the future.

Reviewed 29 January 2012

I travel up to 9 months of the year, and average service is everywhere - but not here! I stayed in a suite here at Harbor East for 8 days and it was amazing value, but more than that it's really a home away from home. The hotel is located between Little Italy and Fells Point - easy to walk but you have the free bus system the Charm City Circulator stopping right outside that links up to most parts of where you want to go Downtown. There is a Starbucks downstairs, Whole Foods, a bank, CVS 24 hr pharmacy all within a block, and an Irish pub over the road! Then there's the hotel itself. The rooms are big, the kitchen well set up with a full sized fridge, and there's an in house coin laundry where it's still only $1 each wash or dry. Included in your room rate is a very good breakfast 7 days a week, plus 4 weeknights they put on a free buffet with wine and beer. You cannot beat that. Just when you think there isn't any more - you get free access to the adjoining Maryland Athletic Club with it's excellent fitness and pool facilities. Having just had knee surgery, this was invaluable and I was in the pool every second day. The front desk staff, the concierge, the boys doing the valet parking, the housekeeping staff - everyone goes out of their way to look after you. If you're holidaying in Baltimore - it's easy distance to the baseball and football - or working, you would be mad not to check this place out. Did I mention there's a brand new small cinema on the block as well? And free wi Fi throughout the hotel, and free printing from the 24 hr business centre.

Room Tip: Talk to the front desk staff when you check in and explain the nature of your trip
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jane F
Delens, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to share the details of your visit to the Homewood Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor. Reading your comments was the perfect way to start my day! I agree that the Harbor East neighborhood is vibant with many different types of things to enjoy and the easy proximity to Fells Points, Little Italy and Inner Harbor can't be beat. I enjoyed sharing your comments about the team members as they work hard to exceed our guests' expectations and they enjoyed hearing that you enjoyed your visit so much.

Again, thanks so much for taking the time and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 26 January 2012

We stayed for a weekend with our two young children, and really liked the accomodation and the location of the hotel. The rooms looked fresh and had plenty of space for an extra crib even after converting the sleeper bed. The breakfast room can get busy on a Sunday morning with many families staying, but the staff tries hard to dish the tables and replenish the food.
There were a few minor glitches (some dishes missing in the cabinet, baby crib not already installed as we had asked for) but the hotel more than made up for it by giving us a free in-room movie and some popcorn (horray!). Very friendly staff in general.
We did not take advantage of the access to the nice fitness club including pool that the hotel is adjacent to, but it looked like an additional plus.
The location of the hotel is great for visits to the Inner Harbor, and also only about a 15 min walk (20 with children) to the Fell's Point neighborhood, with many entertainment options.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding your visit to Baltimore and our hotel. I very much enjoyed sharing your impressions of our very friendly staff! I am sorry that we did not have the crib in the room upon arrival as it is not our standard, but I am glad that the team member responded to our oversight with something fun for you and your family to do in the guestroom.
Again, thank you for sharing the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor in the future.