“Favorite Restaurant in Baltimore”
Review of Jack's Bistro

Jack's Bistro
Ranked #123 of 2,094 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: American, French, Moroccan
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canton
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Hands-down my favorite restaurant in all of Baltimore, if not anywhere. Simply put, the kitchen makes downright tasty, interesting food without getting overly complicated or pretentious. Favorite dishes include the Malaysian Laksa and the Mac + Cheese. Try the PB&J shots as well- they're fun. Note that it's a no-reservation place, unless you have a large group. Often easy to get a table here on a weeknight, but can require a wait on weekends.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

I was definitely sad to read Jack's was planning to close its doors in the Baltimore Business Journal.

Two silver linings: 1) The owner is opening up another restaurant in Canton, 2) They haven't announced a date, so there's still time to go!

Jacks is a true neighborhood gem with a solid beer selection plus outstanding and unique food. We always order the chocolate mac & cheese as an appetizer. And, honestly, their steak frites is the best I've ever had. I drool at the though of the truffle butter.

Highly recommended for a group outing or date night. Call ahead to make a reservation, it's a small place that often gets busy.

Reviewed 23 January 2017

My husband and I came here with reservations on a Saturday evening for Restaurant Week. We had an amazing server who was funny and sweet. For starters, I had the mac +cheese + chocolate. I thought I would give it a shot as it sounded interesting, but really, it was mac and cheese on the bottom with chocolate sprinkled on top. It almost felt like a dessert. I would not rush to order it again, but it definitely was an interesting combo. The feta and garlic dip was very tasty - a bit salty, but very dip-able and delicious. My husband and I can't rave enough about the Guinness braise filet mignon with jalapeño and bacon cheese grits. Holy, it was like heaven on our taste-buds! He had his medium and I had mine medium plus, and both came out perfectly. It was well seasoned and very juicy. The portion was very generous and the meat just melted in our mouths. We have been telling everyone that is a MUST order dish. For dessert, I had the fried s'more with chocolate ice cream and he had the peanut butter bread pudding with salted caramel gelato. Both were the perfect ending to our fantastic meal.

We would definitely come here again and order the filet mignon.

Parking is limited in the area - all street parking.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Just walked into Jacks which does not take reservations normally but was rudely informed by the really obnoxious hostess that they only take reservations for restaurant week. Jacks needs to decide on a consistent policy

Reviewed 11 January 2017

We were in town for my husband's conference and met up with a friend of ours that lives in Baltimore. She suggested that we go to Jack's Bistro for dinner and drinks. Let's start with the drinks. The dirty martini was delicious, well shaken and the perfect amount of olive juice. The wine list was short, but some good selections, but the beer list is pretty extensive. The food is outstanding. Everything we tried was amazing we started with Spanish Shrimp and Garlic and the Spicy Somboon Style Mussels. The shrimp came in a sauce that was good enough to drink, we almost ordered more pita bread but remembered that we still had entrees to order! The mussels were cooked perfectly and were the perfect amount of spicy. Absolute must. For entrees we ordered the Lamb pasta and the Guinness braised filet mignon (two orders). The lamb pasta was so delicious and not too gamey with the perfect amount of richness. The filets were cooked perfectly and almost melted in your mouth and the gouda-jalepeno-bacon grits added just the right amount of spice to the unctuous steak. This place is an absolute must try! The menu changes as the chef travels and brings new dishes home to try, so be adventurous! (I think the filet mignon and pasta are staples on the menu.) For the price, intimacy (small space, dim lighting), and quality of food, you have to try Jack's!