“Good and not so good points” 3 of 5 bubbles

Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor
Ranked #39 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston
“Good and not so good points”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2011

So yes this hotel is a block from semi sketchiness but it's also super convenient to the Harbor, Charles St., the light rail, etc. The common areas definitely need sprucing up but the room itself was nice, big bed, good bathroom and decent products. I asked for an upper floor and had a great view. I also asked for a late check out which the very nice night guy John said was no problem (he was the best front desk person; the bellhop and some other random people were nice too). This was all being a Priceline customer too so that was cool (had a rate of $63 so can't complain).

There are places to eat within two blocks on Charles St. so that person was wrong. Nice restaurant in the Hotel Monaco, Irish Pub, a couple others right on Charles. I walked to E. Saratoga past the hospital by myself and didn't worry about it. Only went to the Lexington Mkt on the west side of Charles and even on a Mon. afternoon, it's an interesting sea of humanity but nothing that worried me. Would hope to Priceline the Sheraton Harbor again but this was fine.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

The hotel itself is nice as the room is comfortable and the hotel itself is towards the nice side. I stayed here when I was in town for a baseball game at Camden Yards and it was manageable although the Sheraton Inner Harbor would have been a better choice but more expensive. This hotel is right on the border of a not so nice area and you want to be careful which way you turn when you exit the hotel. They have a Shula's Steakhouse on site which was cool to get a drink after the game but I don't know if I would eat there considering their was a decent size mouse scampering around the restaurant floor.

I would definitely stay here again juse beware of your surroundings

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank nyflanctraveler
GeneralManager101, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 18 November 2011
Dear valued guest,

We thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us with feedback on your experience staying with us. It is nice to hear that you were comfortable during your stay and had a pleasurable experience.

Your concerns about the area around our hotel are understandable. We would like for you to know that the city of Baltimore is undergoing major rebuilding period through out the downtown. This area is in the beginning stages of becoming a new multi rental center hopefully opening in the new future.

Regarding the uninvited guest you saw, we have had no other issues prior your discovery. We have a reliable pest control company that does by-weekly visits and no evidence was found during or since. We believe that with the doors open to the patio, it might have accessed the restaurant there. We now keep the doors closed to prevent anything like this from happening again.

We are looking forward to you coming back next baseball season, and please feel free to call me to make arrangements for an upgrade.

Boston
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

I was here for a work meeting and as a frequent Sheraton guest, I was completely disappointed in the accomadations. The service was not good at all and the food was horrible. On top of it all, the fact that they repeatedly stressed not to venture outside the hotel alone, due to the unsafe neighborhood, was a little troublesome. The rooms were clean enough, but the bathrooms were terribly small. There was no counter to the sink, as it was only a pedestal sink. I felt as though I was in a motel. I would never stay here again. The only good thing was that I received my starwoods points.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
GeneralManager101, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 19 November 2011
Dear valued guest,

It has come to our attention that you have had a very disappointing experience with us. Your opinion of our food and service has put a spotlight on our caring and hard working staff. The pressure that comes with that will only push us to better serve our guests, something that we work on daily. Our chefs have also been made aware of your disappointment and our staff would really hope you give us another chance.

Our guest’s safety is one of our top priorities. We do everything in our power to provide our guests with the necessary knowledge of the area to ensure their wellbeing. Please know that what we are doing is looking out for your safety. We at Sheraton Baltimore City Center truly value and care about our guests happiness and comfort, we will always continue to develop our staff and work to improve our guests experience.

Thank you for mentioning the cleanliness of our rooms, which is something we pride ourselves on. Regarding the size of our bathrooms, our beautiful hotel was built in 1964 when rooms were generally designed smaller. Incase you do change your mind and decide to give us another chance, please be aware that we have rooms with bathrooms bigger then others. Please feel free to request a room with a bigger bathroom at the time of check in.

Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback, this gives us a great opportunity to improve on multiple levels.

General Manager.
Garner, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

Stayed here for a convention Oct 27-30th, 2011 but didn't leave the hotel during that time so I cannot comment on the surrounding area.
Cons:
Parking garage is very creepy. Make sure you don't park on the "green level", or you'll be hiking through the swampy dark garage, up one flight of stairs with your luggage until you get to an elevator to take you up two more levels to the lobby.
Room was at the end and on a corner. Did not feel very clean, but there was NO evidence of bedbugs (I comment on this for every hotel review).
My white sock feet were dirty from just the rug in my room after walking around without shoes for a couple hours.
You will pay for internet on a daily basis. No such thing as Wi-Fi here.

There is no where close, quick and convenient to grab food. Hotel restaurant food is ok, great service.

PROS;
No Bedbugs
Pretty good bed, pillows. Clean sheets. Nice lotion, shampoo and conditioner.
Clean towels.
Hot water
Walgreens one block away.

Woodmere, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2011

This Sheraton is 3 blocks from the convention center and a 5 minute walk to the Harbor. It is less expensive than some of the inner harbor hotels and just as nice. They have a nice gym, Starwood preferred lounge and very customer oriented. The management was involved and extremely friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for the corner rooms in the North tower. A bit larger and nicer.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Riverdale, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

I have stayed at this hotel for several years during the Otakon Convention at the Baltimore convention center. From the valet parking staff, the porters, the front desk staff to the restaurant staff - they know how to provide customer service. The only problem that I encountered during my last stay this past summer was that on the day of checkout, it took two hours for the porter to come for my bags. I would like to see the hotel have a better game plan for handiling checkout for this convention.

P.S. Shula's restaurant has a great buffet breakfast. Overall, the menu is pricey. Hated the heavy, all white comforter cover.

Room Tip: Call to reserve a room for the Otakon convention before the official opening of room sales for the c...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

Sheraton hotels generally seem to be older and of a lower quality than the rest of Starwood properties, however, this place was even worse than I expected. My room was very standard, with an extremely small bathroom and was very noisy (I could hear everything from the street even though I was on the ninth floor). The air conditioning didn't work - it wouldn't put out cold air, it just chugged and made lots of noise. I ordered room service for dinner which took over 1 hour to be delivered to my room. The only redeeming factor about this hotel was the gym - not only is it free, it had really high-end treadmills. If I ever go back to Baltimore, I will look to stay somewhere else.