“Nice if you are very specific with your room location.”

Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor
Ranked #42 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Denver, Colorado
“Nice if you are very specific with your room location.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

Nice if you are very specific with your room location. NORTH TOWER!! This hotel is in a very rough neighborhood and the south tower's entrance is on the back side in a dark corner. Not safe. So go north tower and in a room that does not face liberty\park streets. Tony's across the street on that side is a headquarters for street loitering and is super loud at night. I was woken up by a street fight outside Tony's one night around 2am. I personally enjoyed a corner room. It was small but windows all the way around.

• Stayed April 2012
Maryann W, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention.

Please accept our apolgies for the problems you had with the street noise. We have many rooms in the North Tower that provide corner rooms on high floors. Being in a downtown urban location is difficult in all the Baltimore Hotels as you can hear street noise and the sirens sometimes. We do provide disposable ear buds in every guest room for those guests that are light sleepers.

Again thank you for your comments and please contact me personally at the hotel when you plan your next visit so that I may put you in a guest room in the North Tower on the highest floor available.

Maryann White

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

While the room was small and the bathroom tiny, we were quite satisfied. Downtown hotels often have small rooms. Everything was clean and the bedding was luxurious.

The only real negative was that the walls were thin and you can hear everything going on in the hallway.

I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Maryann W, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. I was so glad to hear how much you enjoyed the luxurious beds and the location of the hotel. I will be sharing your comments with the staff and I am glad that you had a wonderful time during your stay. Our goal is to provide our guests with an enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that we were able to carry out this promise. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

The hotel is an easy walk down to the inner harbor, the convention center and Camden Yards. The service at the front desk was very good and attentive, but the property is showing some signs of needing attention. By no means are the rooms bad, but the carpets show signs of needing cleaning in places, and the furniture and fixtures show plenty of signs of dings and chipped paint. These are minor detractions, and you will find that the Sheraton "Sweet Sleeper" beds here are as comfortable and crisp as you might expect.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SoMuchToSeeAndDo
Maryann W, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. I will be sharing your comments with the staff and I am glad that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay. It was a pleasure to hear how satisfied you were with the service provided and that you enjoyed the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. When they first came out, I actually bought three for my home and they are as comfortable today as the first time I slept in one. I appreciate your feedback on the furnishings and some of the carpet isues. We are in the process of refinishing the furniture in guest rooms that are showing signs of some wear and tear. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that we were able to carry out this promise. Our entire staff at the Sheraton is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

Let me get to the point. I stayed on the 20th floor and heard everything that was going on outside (cars, motorcycles, buses and people talking). They definitely need new windows, it was ridiculous!! I could not sleep. It is obvious that this is a old hotel and could use some remodeling in the bathrooms and rooms. The food is over priced in the restaurant and the gift shop staff was horrible. I went in to purchase souvineirs and the cashier was playing a battleship game on his phone the entire time, not once did he look up or ask if I needed assistance. The customers inside all looked at each other and we shaked our heads and we all walked out without purchasing anything. The elevators are slow and the housekeepers uses the same elevators, which limited the guest during our conference and stay. I would not recommend this hotel at all unless you are low on cash and desperate!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
juan w, Director of Rooms at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you providing us with clear details as to the areas of opportunity and concerns that need to be addressed. We will take your concerns and continue to share with our staff to improve our business unit. With regard to your gift shop experience, we have addressed directly as this is not acceptable and certainly not the Sheraton way. During the time period you were here, our guest room attendants and housekeeping team were forced to utilize the main elevators due to circumstances beyond our control. Please accept our apology and know that we aim to ensure that each guest is provided with quality service and clean rooms on a consistent basis. We noted that you would not return to our property, but would recommend you strongly consider and contact the hotel directly to further address any of your concerns before making your decision final. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to your response. Your feedback in valued and we take your input serious. Thank you.

Kind Regards

Juan A Webster
Director of Rooms
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Some worker came into our room at 7 O'clock in the monring without knocking when my family and i were all sleeping. Also, they started vaccuming our hallway at 9 O'clock am! Not to mention that we checked in at 1 O'clock am

• Stayed April 2012
juan w, Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We apologize for the inconvenience and early morning disturbance. We want you to know that we take your feedback serious and will take all measure to ensure each guest departs the Sheraton Baltimore City Center with a great impression, feeling valued and that they were provided with the best service and accommodations that we could offer. We will evaluate your experience and use your feedback as an opportunity to improve our operation, especially with regard to noise, room disturbances and staff start times on weekends and holidays. We would appreciate any opportunity to recover from this experience and welcome additional feedback. You may contact us directly or stop by the front office and request the Manager on Duty so that we may further discuss. Thank you and have a great weekend.

Best Regards,

Juan A Webster
Director of Rooms
Sheraton Baltimore City Center
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed here for business last week. Let's cut to the quick. The reason I gave the low rating is because of peeling paint on the walls. Not good. The other thing is that it is noisy. Diagonally across the street is a large entertainmen venue. The Ringling Bros. circus was going on. I could actually hear the ringmaster's voice from across the street inside another building in my room on the 4th floor! The street traffic noise was rough. I realize the hotel can't control the amount of noise, but they can control how much of it gets into rooms. The appearance of the meeting rooms were average, at best. Now for the high points. The staff at the hotel were great. Absolutely no complaints there. But it wasn't until I got home that I realized my bill was screwed up. I called and I'm still waiting to make sure it got straightened out on my credit card.

Room Tip: If you stay, I recommend getting a room as high up in the hotel as possible, or try getting a room t...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Maryann W, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay at the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention.

Please accept our apologies for the issues that you had with outside street noise and the peeling paint on the walls. This is certainly not the Sheraton experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. The hotel is planning to replace windows on the lower floors next year due to the amount of street noise in the city. We also just began to place disposable ear buds in every guest room due to some recent complaints with the circus in town. On a brighter note, I am glad that you found the staff to be great. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are truly sorry that we did not carry out this promise.

Please contact me directly at the hotel so that you can give me additional information of where the peeling paint was so that our in house painter can repair. It is our hope that you will give the Sheraton Baltimore another opportunity to show you the fine service and accommodations we are capable of providing.

Warm Regards,

Troy, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Don't book here as I am sure you can find a better hotel in downtown Baltimore. Check in was a mess as we had four women in our group they told us all they had was a room with a king bed. The staff was rude and basically told us this is all they have. We stood our ground and they finally got us a room with two double beds. We had also earlier in the week, prior to our arrival, asked a refrigerator for our room and they said no problem. Well we stayed there four days and everyday we would call requesting the refrigerator and they would say "no problem we will send one right up," but it never arrived!

Our room was in the north tower on the 19th floor. The bathroom was small and dated. When you took a shower (and yes the shower curtain was inside the tub) there would appear water on the carpet outside of the bathroom. You could hear everything going on outside from people screaming and yelling to police in the street on their speakers. This happened almost nightly! Our room was also a sauna. It was so hot and we had to call maintenance up twice to fix the thermostat. The first night they fixed it and even changed the air filter that looked like it had not been changed in months. It was filthy!

They did set up food for our volleyball team to purchase in the morning on the way out,but it was nothing special...dry bagels..cereal...coffee, etc.

The only bright spot of our stay here at this hotel was American Limo service who was available to drive you to the convention center or to local area restaraunts at a very very reasonable price. The vehicles were clean and the drivers courteous and friendly. I would recommend using their service and not walking alone at night.

By the time you paid for the room, tax, and daily parking the price we paid for this hotel was way to high for what we received! Will not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Maryann W, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues that you had last weekend. Prior to this weekend the hotel had a major water pipe burst causing 35 double rooms to be unsellable. Because the repairs involved new sheet rock, wall vinyl and carpet we knew that we would be oversold on doubles for the Volleyball tournament. The hotel contacted many guests that had reserved doubles to explain the situation and offer an alternative that was acceptable to them. I am so sorry that you were not contacted prior to your arrival. This however does not excuse the rudeness of the Front Office staff. Rest assured that I will follow up with our Director of Room Operations on this and we will ensure corrective actions are taken. I was not aware of any HVAC issues last weekend but will speak to our Director of Engineering about this to see if it was just isolated to your room. This weekend we did open our restaurant early to accommodate the Volleyball Teams and we also set up a Grab and Go for those that had early tournaments and did not have time for a full breakfast. I will forward your comments to our Chef so that he can improve the products served. This is certainly not the Sheraton experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to your group. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are truly sorry that we did not carry out this promise.

Please contact me personally as I would like to speak with you further about last weekend. I can be reached directly at the hotel and look forward to hearing from you. The Sheraton Baltimore would like another opportunity to show you the fine service and accommodations we are capable of providing.

Warm Regards,