“Outstanding Staff and Customer Service”

Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor
Ranked #45 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 May 2012

This hotel is not one of Sheraton's finest - the Sheraton Inner Harbor is brand new and much nicer. This Sheraton is a bit dated and could use some renovating. I stayed in the South Tower and there is so much street noise - people screaming and loitering in the streets and there are sirens regularly too. That being said, the friendly staff would actually make me want to come back. Lisa at the front desk was absolutely so pleasant - she took the time to give me directions and was so friendly and patient. She greets me everytime I'm in the lobby. She is extremely professional. We are Starwood Preferred members and have access to the club lounge which is outstanding. The staff in the lounge are very friendly and helpful as well. Sheraton needs to invest in some upgrading at this location, but the staff is so warm and pleasant it really has been a pleasure to stay here.
Thank you!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Maryann W, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. I appreciated your suggestions that the property needs to be updated and we are working on some future plans in the coming year. Thank you for recognizing Lisa at the Front Desk for her outstanding Customer Service and also Kathleen and Angela in the Club Lounge. I am so glad that you really enjoyed the Club Lounge and what it offers. I will be sharing your comments with the staff and I am glad that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that we were able to carry out this promise.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Great hotel: very clean, accessible, amazing fitness center (kept pristine by Theresa--she is wonderful), BUT: I have been calling down for over a week to get a fridge and they are giving me the run-around!!! There are definitely some communication issues with the staff.

Biggest, cleanest fitness center that I have seen in a hotel. Five stars out of Five for that one.

I am still waiting for a fridge.

Room Tip: Beautiful views on high floors.

Dear Kerry,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback about your recent stay. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention.

Please accept our apologies for the issues you had with requesting a refrigerator for your Guestroom. Believe it or not, our hotel is equipment with 180 rooms that have permanent refrigerators and microwaves in them. I will see to it that you get your refrigerator today and I am so sorry that you had to wait this long for one. This is certainly not the Sheraton experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are truly sorry that we did not carry out this promise.

I was happy to hear how pleased you were with the Outstanding Housekeeping Service provided by Theresa and that you are really enjoying our Fitness Center, I agree with you that the Fitness Center is a geat place for a real workout offering plenty of Cardio and strength equipment.

Please contact me if you need additional assistance and I’d be happy to help.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 1 May 2012

We booked an upgraded room for the night of a wedding. The room was indeed spotless but I can't recommend the hotel. Problems: PAPER thin walls (as in hearing someone cough quietly); very loud street noises despite being on the 23rd floor; very dated and slightly shabby hallways and public areas; ice cold eggs at the Club Level lounge during breakfast. OK...we had a good price for the room but there are many, many hotel rooms in Baltimore that surely will make guests feel "special."

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention.

Please accept our apologies for the issues you experienced with noise and the cold eggs in the club lounge on Sunday morning. This is certainly not the Sheraton experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. I have notified our management team so that we may look further into these issues. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are truly sorry that we did not carry out this promise.

On the other hand, I was pleased to hear that your guest room was spotless.

Please contact me directly if you plan to visit the Baltimore in the near future and I will see that you enjoy the finest in service and accommodations.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

Nice if you are very specific with your room location. NORTH TOWER!! This hotel is in a very rough neighborhood and the south tower's entrance is on the back side in a dark corner. Not safe. So go north tower and in a room that does not face liberty\park streets. Tony's across the street on that side is a headquarters for street loitering and is super loud at night. I was woken up by a street fight outside Tony's one night around 2am. I personally enjoyed a corner room. It was small but windows all the way around.

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept our apolgies for the problems you had with the street noise. We have many rooms in the North Tower that provide corner rooms on high floors. Being in a downtown urban location is difficult in all the Baltimore Hotels as you can hear street noise and the sirens sometimes. We do provide disposable ear buds in every guest room for those guests that are light sleepers.

Again thank you for your comments and please contact me personally at the hotel when you plan your next visit so that I may put you in a guest room in the North Tower on the highest floor available.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

While the room was small and the bathroom tiny, we were quite satisfied. Downtown hotels often have small rooms. Everything was clean and the bedding was luxurious.

The only real negative was that the walls were thin and you can hear everything going on in the hallway.

I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Maryann W, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. I was so glad to hear how much you enjoyed the luxurious beds and the location of the hotel. I will be sharing your comments with the staff and I am glad that you had a wonderful time during your stay. Our goal is to provide our guests with an enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that we were able to carry out this promise. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

The hotel is an easy walk down to the inner harbor, the convention center and Camden Yards. The service at the front desk was very good and attentive, but the property is showing some signs of needing attention. By no means are the rooms bad, but the carpets show signs of needing cleaning in places, and the furniture and fixtures show plenty of signs of dings and chipped paint. These are minor detractions, and you will find that the Sheraton "Sweet Sleeper" beds here are as comfortable and crisp as you might expect.

1  Thank SoMuchToSeeAndDo
Maryann W, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. I will be sharing your comments with the staff and I am glad that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay. It was a pleasure to hear how satisfied you were with the service provided and that you enjoyed the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. When they first came out, I actually bought three for my home and they are as comfortable today as the first time I slept in one. I appreciate your feedback on the furnishings and some of the carpet isues. We are in the process of refinishing the furniture in guest rooms that are showing signs of some wear and tear. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that we were able to carry out this promise. Our entire staff at the Sheraton is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Let me get to the point. I stayed on the 20th floor and heard everything that was going on outside (cars, motorcycles, buses and people talking). They definitely need new windows, it was ridiculous!! I could not sleep. It is obvious that this is a old hotel and could use some remodeling in the bathrooms and rooms. The food is over priced in the restaurant and the gift shop staff was horrible. I went in to purchase souvineirs and the cashier was playing a battleship game on his phone the entire time, not once did he look up or ask if I needed assistance. The customers inside all looked at each other and we shaked our heads and we all walked out without purchasing anything. The elevators are slow and the housekeepers uses the same elevators, which limited the guest during our conference and stay. I would not recommend this hotel at all unless you are low on cash and desperate!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
juan w, Director of Rooms at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you providing us with clear details as to the areas of opportunity and concerns that need to be addressed. We will take your concerns and continue to share with our staff to improve our business unit. With regard to your gift shop experience, we have addressed directly as this is not acceptable and certainly not the Sheraton way. During the time period you were here, our guest room attendants and housekeeping team were forced to utilize the main elevators due to circumstances beyond our control. Please accept our apology and know that we aim to ensure that each guest is provided with quality service and clean rooms on a consistent basis. We noted that you would not return to our property, but would recommend you strongly consider and contact the hotel directly to further address any of your concerns before making your decision final. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to your response. Your feedback in valued and we take your input serious. Thank you.

Kind Regards