“Decent”

Ranked #889 of 2,079 Restaurants in Baltimore
Neighbourhood: Inner Harbor
Neighbourhood: Inner Harbor
Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Small seating area and decent food but nothing stellar. Makes for an easy quick bite. My gorgonzola walnut salad with chicken came in a a clear plastic to go container, like the ones you pick up at a 7/11(that's not gourmet). Really cheapens the experience. However the leafy greens looked and tasted fresh and the chicken was moist and juicy. The side macaroni salad my entree came with was not that great and tasted bland.

Service was acceptable but nothing memorable. You order at the counter and seat yourself.

Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

We wanted something light so we came to Rosina's for salads and maybe a sandwich. They had a daily soup of 3 lentil chili so I ordered a half sandwich of the Rosina Health sandwich and soup. My husband ordered the Field Greens salad with chicken. I ordered a glass of water and was charged for a bottle so that's what I ended up getting.

First, my sandwich was supposed to come with Havarti. They were out so they wanted to sub with cheddar. Cheddar is not what I'd put on a "health" sandwich so I subbed it with mozz. I can't eat bell peppers so I was disappointed to see the soup was loaded with them. It was also a vegetable soup, not chili, and came in a togo container. My husband's salad came in a box. But both of our meals came on a plate with Italian pasta. It was just a weird setup that didn't win us over.

I wouldn't bother with this place again.

Reviewed 10 May 2016

The fried chicken sandwich I ate here was fine - but there is not much skill to making a sandwich, and so it's hard to say anything more about it.

However, the service was poor. Would it really kill anyone to smile and say hello. If your going to make a living out of selling sandwiches (something anyone can make) then you better bloody well make it the nicest most pleasant sandwich shop you can - because that's how you sell a sandwich!

Reviewed 12 March 2015 via mobile

We were just out taking a walk around Canton and got hungry. We looked at a few places and then I saw a sign on the sidewalk for Rosina's. We had to share the last serving of RedLentil soup. Very tasty. We both ordered fresh mozarella, tomato and sweet basil served on a crispy crusty roll, served with a side of pasta salad. That's my favorite sandwich and this was on of the best.

Reviewed 13 January 2015

For lunch, I love eating sandwiches. And Rosina Gourmet is a sandwich spot I've heard great things about. They have three locations: Canton, Downtown, and a new location in Fells Point. For this particular visit, my friend and I headed to the Canton location to get a sandwich fix.

Inside, the space is fairly small with only a few seats and a menu board on the wall. But each option looked delicious. My friend settled on the Chicken Parmesan. It was breaded chicken breast topped with provolone and homemade tomato sauce on hearty ciabiatta flat bread. This sandwich had juicy chicken, and tons of well melted cheese.

I ordered the Fresh Mozzarella Sandwich. This sandwich came with fresh cow's milk mozzarella, tomato, fresh basil and extra virgin olive oil on a square ciabatta roll. I added grilled chicken to this sandwich and it really blew me away. The bread was soft, the cheese was fresh and it was packed with the traditional Italian flavors that I was craving. Additionally, each sandwich was served with a side of balsamic pasta salad and it was delicious.

If you're looking for an awesome authentic Italian sandwich in Canton, head over to Rosina Gourmet!