“Decent Tex-Mex”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed September 3, 2018

This place is in a niche' little neighborhood and the atmosphere here fits right in. The tacos are decent, but I also wouldn't say they are the best in the area... still searching for that. I have been here twice and each time the service was brand new, so I am not sure if they are training to get better service in here or if they can't hold onto servers? Either way, I am not knocking any stars off for this, but I am giving 4 stars due to some room for improvement on tacos and overall dining experience.

Reviewed August 31, 2018

Stopped by here to visit with a friend and we ordered drinks and food. Service was really excellent and the food was good for tex-mex. But the wings were fantastic. Would absolutely visit again just to have the wings. Cool spot, kind of dark and looks like a full side was empty but we had a good visit and we would stop in again anytime.

Reviewed February 19, 2018

Had been here only once before about 10 years ago, and though it was just "ok". Friends and we were at the Senator Theatre, a half block away, and decided to try this again for dinner. FIsh tacos were great, as was the Carne Asada. Excellent beer choices too, and the veggies accompanying the dinner were quite good.

1  Thank baltlaw
Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

Better than the average joint. Food is plentiful and well flavored, and Sam makes an excellent margarita. Among us we had the El Greco tacos, the Truck Stop Nachos, and the Chicken Flautas platter. All great. Unfortunately, when we were halfway through the meal the place was invaded by college students and it became unpleasant for us to have an adult conversation. Oh, well.

1  Thank moorejjbb
Reviewed September 7, 2017

I've eaten here a few times and the food is quite average as is the service. While they do have a dollar taco deal every week, I still would recommend trying other spots. The tacos are nothing special and the service can be quite slow. While I liked the bartender seemed nice and social with her regulars, the waiter came off as abrasive.