“Stone House Inn, Farmington, PA”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Farmington
Stone House Country Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Farmington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Our stay at this historic inn was less than pleasant. We stayed in the "New" wing of the inn because the rooms were recently updated. The rooms in this wing all have jacuzzi tubs, which is fine for some people, but when it takes up half the room, it leaves very tight quarters for the section that includes the queen-sized bed, a chair, a stand for handing clothes, and a cabinet which was dominated by a TV. The safety latch on the door of our room had been ripped off and not replaced and there were bugs in the room when we arrived..
Getting ice, someone to turn off an alarm that was sounding in a vacant room across from our son's at 9 p.m., or anything else we might have needed was not possible after 8 p.m. when the staff leaves and locks up the inn. No one responded to our call to their general number.
There is no handicap access to the inn rooms in the new wing.
There are two ways to access rooms in this wing, from the front door and from a side stair that is closer to this wing. It was difficult to use the side outdoor stair the days we were staying because workmen were working on it and were on the steps, replacing part and painting it and leaving tools on the stair steps. The handicap ramp was not functional; it started about 50 feet from the parking lot.
The breakfast they included with the room included bread products and yogurt; no type of protein such as hard boiled eggs or any type of meat.
We ate in their restaurant the first evening and the food was mediocre. The fries were very greasy and the medium burger ordered was less than medium.
Overall this was a poorly managed and appointed inn.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PammeSu

Reviewed 6 June 2013

The Inn is ideally situated for seeing Fallingwater and Kentuck Nob. The staff is wonderful and the meals outstanding. The only issue was road noise, which can be remedied by the proper selection of rooms. Avoid the Titwell and Braddock rooms as they front on the highway. We were originally in the Braddock room. We were moved to a room on the side if the Inn and it made a world of difference.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I was really hoping for better but what we got was just another run of the mill restaurant. First off the menu is really hard to navigate but it seemed to have quite a few options. We dined on a Sunday and opted for the prime rib house special. It was honestly just average, you could get a better prime rib at any chain steakhouse such as an Outback. Though the salads were good, the service was unbearably slow. A dinner that should have taken 1.5 hour max, was dragged out well over 2 hours. They presented a beer menu, but were out of mostly everything on the menu. I honestly won't go back but it seemed like everyone in the surrounding area was there that day. I wont recommend to any of my friends or family. You're better off driving into Uniontown for a better meal.

Room Tip: We did not sleep at the Inn.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Our group was amazed at the large crowds dining at the Stone House. The entire large facility was packed. Salads were fresh and tasty. Our server suggested the prime rib rather than the steak. The prime rib was average, not memorable. Mashed potatoes, skin on, were very good. The yeast rolls were light and fluffy, but lacked flavor. The bar was out of many of the beers on the menu and the wine choices were limited. Desserts- our group tired the strawberry shortcake which really should be taken off the menu. The cream brûlée was very good.

The service was very slow and salads took forever to arrive. Our server was quite stressed and more servers were needed. The dining room was loud and dining conversation was severely limited due to the surrounding noise. Overall, the dining experience was like going to a banquet, as large numbers of people were being served with average food in a loud setting. But, this is by far the better choice for dining while staying at the Nemacolin resort and preferring to dine casually.

Room Tip: We did not stay at the inn,
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Our room was very nice, good size, clean and a comfortable bed. The only thing we didn't like about it was that it was right in front, by route 40. Had we realized this we probably wouldn't have stayed. The cars/trucks... drive by all night, although it wasn't too bad from 10pm-6am. They served a continental breakfast which had plenty of choices as well as fresh fruit. We enjoyed our dinner which was very reasonably priced, also a good selection of beer at the bar.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katahoula
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We did not stay at the Inn, but after our experience in the bar would not even consider it. the food was averge. We arrived at the restaurant to find the door locked and were told by people who were smoking on the front porch that we had to enter through the bar. There was no one in the restaurant so we had to eat in the bar. So much for a nice quiet dinner. after talking with people in the area we learned that it was at one time a very nice place. We should have read reviews and talked to locals BEFORE we went there.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sandra W W
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I have been staing at B&Bs and family owned inns for over three decades and this was by far the worst experience for lodging (and dining) that I have experienced. I booked 5 months in advance in order to secure a room in the oldest, historic part of the building with a private bath and farther from the road. However when I arrived I discovered that the room I booked was already occupied by another guest. I was directed to a room at the front of the bulding right on Rt. 40 that was far too noisy to even read, let alone sleep later, so I asked to be moved. The only room available was horribly appointed...holes in the wall, wall paint splattered all over the floor, nails sticking out of the wall where I can only assume there used to be something hanging and to top it all off, was over the kitchen and back of the bar. The smoke and smells from the kitchen had me so nauseated by the next morning that I left about 2 hours earlier than planned. The bed linens were mis-matched with one sheet having pulls and runs all throughout it and the pillow cases were way too short for the pillows. The 'private' bathroom was down a small hall that was exposed to the common room with no way of making it truly private and it could also be entered from the kitchen below. The lighting in the bathroom was so poor that I could not even use the mirror over the sink. I cannot recall seeing any smoke detectors, sprinklers or any such safety devices anywhere. My family and I had eaten in the restaurant a few years ago and had a good experience but I cannot say the same this time so there must have been a change in kitchen staff. The prime rib was edible, the mashed potatoes were sticky and gooey (like they had been 'mashed' in a food processor and over processed) and the veggies were limp. The dessert was not edible. On top of all of this not once was I offered any apologies or compensation for the problem with my room or the food. Not only does this place needs extensive rehab it also needs a staff overhaul. Please do not waste your money here!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
9  Thank Dee S

Been to Stone House Country Inn? Share your experiences!