See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 3, 2014

This was our first time to visit Savannah and we spent quite a bit of time searching for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath Inn in the Historic Area. We were not disappointed. Bill called us to find out when our plane was arriving so he could meet us and show us around. The apartment was charming! Very clean and felt like home! We walked everywhere and ate at some of the most wonderful places. We recommend The Pink House for dinner and Clary's for breakfast. Bill was so helpful in answering all of our questions and gave us two wonderful tours of his home. We have recommended this Inn to all our friends and families and would definately stay here again.
Thank you Bill for making our vacation special!

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Kathy K
Reviewed October 17, 2014

Love Love Love this beautiful Inn!!!!!! Bill and Debbie Saxman could not have been better hosts. Bill met us upon our arrival got us settled and even helped unload our vehicle. We stayed in the Taylor-Dunn suite which was perfect for my Mom and myself. We each had our own room and own bathroom and a comfortable living area and the kitchen was more than adequate. Easy parking and wonderful location across from Forsyth Park. Bill checked on us during our stay and made sure all was well. I cannot wait to return to Savannah and enjoy the beautiful sights and sounds of the city. I will definitely stay here again and highly recommend it to anyone that wants a nice place to relax and enjoy all that Savannah has to offer. PS. My bed was sooooo comfortable. Loved my room!!!!!

Room tip: Taylor- Dunn Suite was downstairs with direct entrance/exit to the street. Three steps to get inside unit. Rooms are nicely spaced apart in this unit for privacy. Plenty of space in each bed and bath. Kitchen is perfect for large or small meals alike. Sofa and chairs were comfortable.
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2014

My husband and I have traveled to Savannah many times. We have stayed in several hotels and several VRBOs. Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn is our favorite! It is in a wonderful location directly across the street from Forsythe Park. We enjoyed sitting at the bay window overlooking this street to relax from our walks and watch people and pets in the park. You are in the tree tops as this is a second floor rental. We felt very safe as there is a locked door to enter the house and another locked door to enter the suite. The Saxmans were extremely welcoming and went out of their way to accomodate us. We stayed 5 nights in March 2014 and I tried to get reservations in July 2014 but they were booked. I think this says how much we liked our stay at Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn!! We will definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: March 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Martha S
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is a wonderful B&B, it was a girls getaway. We had a 2 bedroom suite witch was wonderful. Bill in innkeeper was very accommodating, would ask us did we need anything. Having breakfast food and snacks available in our kitchen was wonderful, Would stay again.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Sunflower-5775
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed at this inn prior to our daughter's wedding in the Fall. For the wedding we moved across the park to where the reception was held. Had I known beforehand how nice these accommodations were I would have just stayed here! The location is ideal for walking in the park or to the historic area and the owner was a fine southern gentleman who had many interesting anecdotes about Savannah. The on-street parking presented no problems and we always had ready access to the car. Considering the location the price for the rooms was very reasonable. We have visited Savannah many times and this was my favorite place to stay.

Date of stay: October 2013