See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 30, 2017

This is a great place to stay in Savannah -beautiful home and rooms. Private kitchens and bathrooms. The owners are so hospitable and helpful. It's centrally located in the historic district and right across from the biggest park, with beautiful old water fountain, trees and plants. So easy to walk everywhere. So much to see and do. We've stayed here many times, just got back from a great week long vacation there, and are already looking forward to our next visit.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
WhitakerHuntingdon, Owner at Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2017

Thank you for your continued support in staying with us at the Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn so many times over the past; and, we look forward to having both of you stay with us again on your next east coast visit from your Pacific coast home.

We have always enjoyed you'lls visits and are glad you'll enjoyed your Savannah visit with us again. Know you both are looking forward to your expected twin grandsons in a few weeks. We are sure that they will become your primary focus for a while. When you can, please keep us up on everything about them; a phone call or note will do. Blessings and Happy Grand parenting with the twins!

Reviewed March 24, 2017

Very much enjoyed my stay at the Whitaker Huntingdon Inn. Directly across the street from Forsyth Park and easy walking distance to downtown & the historic district. Bill the proprietor is very friendly & helpful The rooms have everything you could ask for with the charm of a historic home. Would highly recommend to anyone visiting Savannah

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
WhitakerHuntingdon, Owner at Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2017

We thank you for staying with us and for the kind words in your personal note and in the Trip Advisor comments. Come back soon and it was nice meeting you. We have been blessed by your parents' stays for a number of years. Bill and Debbie

Reviewed January 4, 2017

My wife, son and I have stayed at the Whitaker-Huntingdon for 3 straight years now, and about to are set to return next month. This place could not be a better choice! It's family owned and operated ("Bill" the owner is always on-site and is very gracious & accommodating), it's location is absolutely perfect, as it's situated right on the legendary Forsyth Park, right in the heart of Savannah's renowned 'Historic District'. The furthest point away would be "River Street", and that's only a 15-20 minute walk. The Inn itself is gorgeously appointed, as it's equipped with high ceilings, antique furniture, ornate carpets, and large bay windows (many overlook the park). The location is your ideal spot for your visit to magnificent Savannah!

Room tip: Ask for a room overlooking Forsyth Park (across the street)
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2016

The house is wonderful! It has charm, character, and plenty of amenities (kitchen, multiple bedrooms). A group of us came to Savannah for the Rock n' Roll half marathon and this place was perfect for the race. We had such a great time in Savannah and having a hotel so close to the finish line made the trip even better. The owner, Bill, is super friendly and welcoming. We felt like we were staying with family. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2016

We stayed at the Whitaker-Huntingdon Inn for my Bachelorette weekend in Savannah. I cannot say enough good things about this place. Bill, the owner, went above and beyond to help us carry our bags in and show us around the place. He even suggested several things to do and places to eat while we were there. I have never had service so great anywhere I have stayed! The Inn is very charming and vintage, which we all loved! It was spotless and everything we needed (linens and basic kitchen supplies) were provided. I truly felt at home while staying here! This great place made my Bachelorette weekend the best vacation I've ever had! I HIGHLY recommend staying here while visiting Savannah, I know I'll be back!

Date of stay: October 2016