“Wish I lived closer...”

Smith Brothers Butcher Shop
Ranked #197 of 921 Restaurants in Savannah
Description: Full service butcher shop with deli, serving sandwiches and side dishes made from scratch.
Reviewed September 30, 2017

We visited Smith Brothers on our culinary tour and fell in love with their Andouille sausage and spread made with beets. For our trip home, i stopped back at the butcher shop the next day and bought roast beef, ham, turkey, and brioche buns for our lunch as well as pimento cheese and garlic cheese. We polished off the entire bag of goodies in no time! So delicious... they had a large selection of wines and a wide variety of meats and seafood. I wished I lived closer, this would be my "go to" spot for all my cravings!

robert a, Owner at Smith Brothers Butcher Shop, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Thanks KristaWanderer, so glad you enjoyed everything. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

Only place to buy aged beef in Savannah!
Good buy on wines and cheeses as well.
Got the aged tbone, smoked andouille and a bottle of wine.

robert a, Owner at Smith Brothers Butcher Shop, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2017

Thanks, Chris
Hope you enjoyed all three!

Reviewed August 22, 2017

They have a wonderful selection of meats, cheeses and local products at their store. I also ate one of their roast beef sandwiches and it was delicious! I definitely recommend stopping by and enjoying this local business.

robert a, Owner at Smith Brothers Butcher Shop, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2017

Thank-you, Bobbie Jo
Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 11, 2017

Butcher shop is beautiful with a fabulous selection of meats and fish. The restaurant was a disappointment, however. We got a roast beef sandwich, 2 bottled cokes and a bag of chips and it was about $20. The crust on the bread of the sandwich was so hard, it was really hard to bite into. I love a crusty bread, but this was just hard. The roast beef did not have a fresh taste, the pepper topping was strong, the spinach was droopy - you get the idea - just very disappointing. I scraped off the peppers, spinach and white stuff, pulled off the hardest portion of the bread and made the best of what was left! The staff there were very nice, but did not make up for the sorry sandwich.

1  Thank triciaself
robert a, Owner at Smith Brothers Butcher Shop, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Hi Triciaself,
I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Something obviously went wrong. Someone should have made me aware of what happened. I hope you will give us the opportunity to make it right. Robert Anderson

Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

Do not be fooled by their name, this locally owned business is way more than a butcher shop. In addition to their top-notch meat and seafood selections, Smith Brothers offers a variety of fresh produce, house-made sides, deli selections, sandwiches and a beautiful wine selection. Visitors will also enjoy the local, Savannah-Made products that can be easily gifted and sent home to friends or family. Keep them in mind for catering and special occasions. Its apparent their team is invested in maintaining a level of service and quality that exceeds expectations.

robert a, Owner at Smith Brothers Butcher Shop, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2017

Thank-you so much for those kind words. Hope you visit us again soon!