“Loved our tour with Jonathan..it was wonderful!”

Architectural Tours of Savannah
Ranked #5 of 158 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: You don't have to be an architect to enjoy the Architectural Tours of Savannah with Jonathan Stalcup. He is author and holds a Master of Architecture degree from SCAD. Jonathan not only knows his stuff design-wise, he makes it really easy for the average tourist to understand how Savannah was born and grew into the beautiful and beautifully singular city it is. He not only stops and points, he brings along visual aids to help you understand how a particular building or square evolved. You won't be bored or even tired- the tour progresses (and walks) through hundreds of years of history at leisurely pace.
Reviewed October 28, 2017

Jonathan was an excellent tour guide. So hard to stump him with a question. We saw beautiful houses and learned so much about the buildings and the people who lived there that we otherwise would not have known. So it was both Architectural and Historical in equal doses. Highly recommend this tour!

All reviews
"his knowledge"
in 17 reviews
"ask questions"
in 12 reviews
"highly recommend the tour"
in 6 reviews
"enjoyable tour"
in 7 reviews
"two hours"
in 15 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed October 27, 2017 via mobile

This was a terrific walking tour. Although it concentrates on a small area, you learn about the history in depth of the entire Savannah area. The guide, Jonathan Stalcup, is extremely knowledgable and witty. Highly recommend this!

Reviewed October 15, 2017

This tour is fantastic and a must-do while visiting Savannah. Jonathan knows his architecture and history and his presentation is excellent. I really had a better understanding of both the history and architecture of this great city by the end of the tour. My only regret is that the tour had ended...we were enjoying Jonathan's tour so much that we could have kept going.

2  Thank Frank B
Reviewed October 11, 2017

Jonathan was excellent! He brought along pictures to share with us, so we could really visualize the development of Savannah over the centuries. In addition to being knowledgable about the architecture, he was knowledgeable about the area and was happy to answer questions. This tour was well planned out and moved at a leisurely pace. My husband was into the architecture and I was into the history, so this was an excellent cross between the two!