Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Ways to Experience Mercer Williams House Museum
from US$25.00
from US$35.10
from US$33.00
from US$57.00
1,146 results
All reviews midnight in the garden gift shop the study kevin spacey fire code tour guide book movie art and antiques sunken garden private residence off limits lovely home home tour nice tour interesting history minute tour trip to savannah
Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

Once in Savannah and after reading the book and watching the movie "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" we just had to take the tour of the Mercer - Williams house

What an impressive taste level Mr. Williams had

From the Faux Marble Mantel & Side boards, the Chandeliers, the furnitures, The art
The thoughts behind every item and positioning it

The house is an amazing piece of Current history of Savannah and a Must visit when in town

Reviewed November 28, 2017

The most infamous house in Savannah, and irresistible to anyone familiar with “MITGOGAE”. The tour is confined to the first floor and garden, but we left satisfied. The rooms are a bit smaller than we imagined, but are beautifully furnished with a lovely array of fine antiques. Our guide was very entertaining and knowledgeable, and although the facts of Mr. William’s death are not brought out, any questions on the subject were answered forthrightly. Most interesting to see a grand historic home furnished and arranged for modern living.

1  Thank DOD56
Reviewed November 26, 2017

I really wanted to see the Mercer House because when I was in Savannah 20 years ago it wasn't open yet. I read Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil and saw the movie, so like most others who have I was intrigued about the house. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and it was nice to see the house in person. There is much controversy about the book, real people, and the legal process for Jim Williams, but I just enjoyed seeing it in person for myself. If you have not read the book or seen the movie you may not enjoy this house as much as I did, but it is a beautifully restored home, but I know there are other house museums in Savannah you may enjoy more. To me it was worth it.

Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

Very nice historic home. The tour guide was knowledgeable. Apparently the home is still inhabited so parts of the home were not on the tour.
Lovely

Reviewed November 26, 2017 via mobile

The price to tour this house versus other in the area is certainly on he high side, especially when you only get to see the garden and one floor (apparently there is a fire code issue that keeps people from going upstairs). However, it is filled with the most beautiful furnishings we saw on our trip, and the tour guide was very good at telling us stories about any piece we asked about. He even talked about the book - Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil - which the trip advisor description says not to mention. If you have read the book or seen the movie, or are a fan of architecture and antiques of the era, it's worth the cost.