Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Mercer Williams House Museum
from US$33.00
from US$49.00
from US$35.10
from US$25.00
1,146 results
All reviews midnight in the garden gift shop the study kevin spacey fire code tour guide book movie art and antiques sunken garden private residence off limits lovely home home tour nice tour interesting history minute tour trip to savannah
Reviewed February 9, 2018 via mobile

My mother and I took a tour of Mercer House. We both had read the book, “Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil”, and wanted to visit some of the sites in book. We got to the Mercer carriage shop to buy our tickets, and we were a little early. We were put in with the next group and didn’t have to wait. I believe the lady in the shop was a relative. Our tour guide was knowledgeable and entertaining. We only toured the bottom floor (can’t take pics), as the family still uses the top floor. It was well worth the tour, and lots of wonderful antiques to see.

1  Thank Linda G
Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic collection of antiques from all over the world and different periods. Disappointed you only get to tour main floor and not upstairs ballroom conversion or basement restoration work shop.tour guide was knowledgeable on items on display.

Reviewed January 16, 2018

I have taken guests to visit the Mercer Williams house in every season of the year since it has been open to the public. It is not an exceptionally large mansion but it is a beautiful home. The tour consists of a brief tour of the outside garden which is not tended well and a directed tour of the four rooms and half bath of the downstairs. It is a brief tour for the cost. My biggest beef is that this house is dirty. From the windows, to the doors to the woodwork and then to the dusty interior with dirty chandeliers, etc. I understand that repairing the outside rod iron is costly. Painting a home like this is also costly, We were told repairs were not done because the house would have to be shut down for tours. Perhaps. Cleaning can be done in the evenings when the house is not open. There is no excuse for the condition this house is shown to the public. This home should be sparkling. It is the way it is photographed for promotion and I assume it was maintained this way when Jim Williams lived there.

1  Thank extrastuff2017
Reviewed January 10, 2018

I always have to visit this beautiful house when I am in Savannah. As always enjoyed the decor and the story of the house.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

I had been really looking forward to having one of my favorite books, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, come alive. But as fabulous as the home is...and it is...it is very much an art and artifacts tour and very little about Jim Williams or the extraordinary saga that played out there.

2  Thank Robina01