I have been alternating my stays in Savannah recently between the Spring Hill Suite at the airport and the Hampton Airport. Mostly because of balancing my HHonors and Marriott Rewards Accounts. But I have also found I really like the 4th floor suites at the Hampton. Huge rooms and very comfortable. And the pricing is the same as the Spring Hill's smaller rooms.
My only complaints about the Hampton, and these are nit-picky, are the poor attitude of the front desk staff and the breakfast. Each time I have checked in recently the staff do not thank me for my loyalty to Hilton. Not a big deal, but it is a way to build some brand loyalty. Also, each time when checking in the front desk staffer has received a call and answered it and juggled the phone while helping me and talking on the telephone. That to me is just as rude as me coming in and talking on the cell phone while they try to get me checked in. I am your customer, treat me like the valuable customer I am supposed to be. Putting the housekeeping manager in contact with the GM is not a priority, I am your priority. My company spends an awful lot of money at your property treat us like we are important.
Second complaint, the breakfast. Each time recently I have stayed there has been 1-2 buses of elderly tourists staying at the hotel. And when I am going to have breakfast at 6:45 they have decimated the breakfast bar. The lady in charge of the breakfast is more interested in chit-chatting with the elderly guests than she is in refilling items. I understand we are supposed to respect our elders and I do. But you know you have other guests who are on a schedule staying there, plan accordingly. I am not going to wake up at 6 AM to beat the rush just so you can socialize with the tourists.
If the GM is reading these things I would appreciate a response on here so I know how you plan to handle these 2 comments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Airport hotel is located conveniently off of I-95 at exit 104 and sits lakeside overlooking Crosswinds Golf Club. Savannah provides a good selection of dining, family fun and shopping all near our hotel that offers a complimentary area/airport shuttle within a 1.5 mile radius. Enjoy all the amenities that our hotel offers: free Hot Breakfast Buffet, Evening Cookies, Free Wireless & Wired Internet, Hilton Honors Points & Miles, Outdoor Pool, Business Center, and Fitness Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Airport Hotel Savannah
- Hampton Inn And Suites Savannah Airport