“Nice Hampton Staff Needs Training Though”

Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Airport
Ranked #16 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Houston, Texas
“Nice Hampton Staff Needs Training Though”
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I have been alternating my stays in Savannah recently between the Spring Hill Suite at the airport and the Hampton Airport. Mostly because of balancing my HHonors and Marriott Rewards Accounts. But I have also found I really like the 4th floor suites at the Hampton. Huge rooms and very comfortable. And the pricing is the same as the Spring Hill's smaller rooms.

My only complaints about the Hampton, and these are nit-picky, are the poor attitude of the front desk staff and the breakfast. Each time I have checked in recently the staff do not thank me for my loyalty to Hilton. Not a big deal, but it is a way to build some brand loyalty. Also, each time when checking in the front desk staffer has received a call and answered it and juggled the phone while helping me and talking on the telephone. That to me is just as rude as me coming in and talking on the cell phone while they try to get me checked in. I am your customer, treat me like the valuable customer I am supposed to be. Putting the housekeeping manager in contact with the GM is not a priority, I am your priority. My company spends an awful lot of money at your property treat us like we are important.

Second complaint, the breakfast. Each time recently I have stayed there has been 1-2 buses of elderly tourists staying at the hotel. And when I am going to have breakfast at 6:45 they have decimated the breakfast bar. The lady in charge of the breakfast is more interested in chit-chatting with the elderly guests than she is in refilling items. I understand we are supposed to respect our elders and I do. But you know you have other guests who are on a schedule staying there, plan accordingly. I am not going to wake up at 6 AM to beat the rush just so you can socialize with the tourists.

If the GM is reading these things I would appreciate a response on here so I know how you plan to handle these 2 comments.

Thanks.

Room Tip: If you can get a suite on the 4th floor facing the lake you won't have the endure the I-95 noise...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank DrFood

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Turkish first
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We stayed here for several days over Columbus Day Weekend. Everything went very smoothly and the staff is very friendly. However, on our last day, some of the towels were rather worn thin - I would have replaced them in my own house, let alone not put them out for guests in a hotel. We came back, after being gone all day, to find that while the room had been cleaned, several dirty coffee cups we'd left were not thrown out when the room was cleaned. It wasn't a big deal and I would stay here again, but its the difference between good and great.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
NJ
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We were given a free room when our flight got cancelled. It was early in the morning so we decided to make the best of it. We took the free shuttle to the hotel and were pleasantly surprised how clean and comfortable the room was. The bathroom was modern, clean and had one of the largest shower stalls we have had in any hotel. There was a comfy king bed with a pillow top mattress, a desk, and flat screen TV. The room was nicely appointed and has complimentary high-speed internet access. Coffee and Tea are set up in the lobby and can be accessed any time of the day or night. They put out fresh baked cookies in the evening. The hotel itself is about a 7 minute drive from the airport and off the beaten path. We found the location relaxing and quiet but you would need a car to get around. We had just dropped off our rental car before finding out our flight was cancelled and did not want to spend the day in the room. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful in giving us information on downtown Savannah and advised us that it would be cheaper to rent a car at the airport rather than take a cab back and forth to downtown Savannah since it costs $35 each way. We called Hertz and reserved a car for $30 for the day and took the free shuttle back to the airport to pick up the car. We spent the day in downtown Savannah enjoying the sights and Riverstreet/Riverfront that is only about 15 minutes away. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
USA
Reviewed 10 September 2011

The hotel is clean and the staff are friendly. There is a wide selection of tv channels, but only one movie channel (HBO). There really isn't anything near the hotel except other hotels. The internet is beyond slow. Even when plugged into the wall jack, checking email is a long process. If you ever like to kill time watching YouTube, this hotel is not for you. I am usually very happy with Hampton Inns, however this one needs to catch up to the data intensive needs of today's travelers.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Atlanta
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I've traveled for work in southeast Georgia for 9 years and have stayed at every Hilton property in Savannah at different times. This location has been my preferred choice this year. It still feels close the Savannah metro, but is much easier to use as a base to drive on 95 or 16. It's new and nearby some typical food options. I've also caught a few movies at the theater across the road. The Hilton Garden Inn around the corner is a fine choice as well, but a few more dollars and not necessarily a free breakfast (depending on your HHonors level).

Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I am a loyal Hampton Inn/Hilton Honors member and have stayed at many locations around the country on business and personal travel.

My wife and I were traveling to Disney World with our grandson and stopped here for 1 night on the drive down. By Hampton Inn standards, this was your typical location. It was off the beaten path behind other hotels and restaurants, but still very close to the I-95 exit. Everything was up to the usual Hampton Inn expectations until the following morning. The shower pressure was low, so I tried to adjust the spray pattern. This is when I found out the showerhead was broken and it began to spray water off the ceiling and soak the sink area and floor.

When we went down to the lobby for breakfast, I stopped at the front desk to discuss the situation with the clerk. She listened intently at, without question or argument, issued a full credit for the cost of the room under the Hampton Inn 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. And to top it off, she said "enjoy your breakfast!".

It's nice to know that a business stands behind their policies without question and is all about pleasing their customers. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank CCTVME
Wiley Ford, West Virginia
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Had a suite on the first floor facing Interstate 95. Highway noise was quite loud and noise from upper floors was louder than any other hotel I have ever stayed in. Suite was very nice. Room was extremely roomy and clean. Desk staff was very pleasant. Housekeeping was loud and obnoxious and couldn't care less who they disturbed as they jabbered very loud in the hallways. Some staff do not realize that not everyone is on the same time zone as they are nor do they care what hours guests arrive and get to sleep. This is not unique to this hotel though. Hotel was clean and fresh.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side away from the highway and on an upper floor.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business