“Great place to stay if you're touring the historic district”
Review of Super 8 Savannah

Super 8 Savannah
Ranked #48 of 114 Hotels in Savannah
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed at the Super 8 on Mar. 20-22 and was happy with our stay. Room was very clean and staff helpful in giving directions to the historic district which was 15 minutes away. The king size bed was very comfortable and the size of the room was a pleasant surprise! Breakfast was continental and very adequate....cereal, fresh fruit, toast, coffee, and juice!! Price was reasonable...would stay there again! I might add that we chose the Super 8 because of the reviews!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan H
super8savannah, Manager at Super 8 Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Thank you for your review. Because we are only seconds away from I-95, we are convenient to the Historic District and also Tybee Island. Many of our guests visit the beach and find that the ride is under 45 minutes and very pleasant -- lots to see. Golfers can find a course just 1/2 mile away and two others within a 20- minute ride. Come back -- we really like guests like you, and we have lots more to show you.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stopped here overnight on our way to Florida. It was a great choice. The property looks fairly new and clean, so everythng was in good condition-- rooms, furnishings, breakfast area, etc. The bed didn't offer the greatest night's sleep (felt like a rock), but its a Super 8 afterall, right? We had an accessible room which was nicely equipped for my mom who is disabled. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank kimmyimmy
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We just returned from our stay at the Super 8 Savannah. We were there for a wedding and were very pleased with the hotel. The room was super clean and spacious. We had a king size bed and sitting area. The other room for our kids had two double beds. They put the room near ours at our request. The staff was very friendly and the continental breakfast was fine. It was served from 6 to 9am. For our kids serving until 10 would have been great. The room was very close to everything with restaurants right nearby. I would stay there again.

1  Thank dpvachon
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We chose this hotel because of its rating on Trip Advisor. The hotel is right off I-95 exit. It's a straight shot on Abercorn to the historic district - maybe 15-20 minute drive. The hotel was spotless. Rooms were large. The price was great. Breakfast not so good but other choices close by.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I was doing a lot of research for a hotel in Savannah, GA. I am very picky with hotels (typically end up paying to stay in a Marriott because I trust them) and both my husband and I are super picky about how clean the room is. My baseline for a room is the bed - if the bedspread isn't white i won't stay there. I know if it has a white bedspread it will be clean (unlike the gross flower spreads that who knows when they get washed!).

I was getting discouraged in my search because every hotel I found either had a gross bedspread or not so great reviews - and the prices were high. I finally clicked on this Super8 that I had been passing over for a week, just to look because the price looked great. What a surprise when I saw the pictures of the room! White bed covers, a small sitting area, and GREAT reviews. Everyone raved about the place and said it was super clean. After some uncertainty from my husband about staying at a Super8 we finally agreed to give it a try.

Wow! What a hidden gem! The parking lot was safe and well lit, the lobby was clean, the people at the front desk were very friendly, the little breakfast room was tidy (decent, basic, free breakfast - english muffins, toast, danish, oatmeal, cereals, apples, bananas, coffee, juice), and even the elevator was clean. The room was great. The bathroom, carpets, bed, etc were all top notch clean. Not one problem during our 4 day stay. We would definitely stay there next time we are in the area. I have already told my family and friends to stay there if they ever go down to Savannah.

Note: we were going for a hotel close to my sister's house, not downtown Savannah. This is a bit of a drive to get to historic, downtown Savannah.

Great Rate, Great Stay.

Room Tip: The 1st floor is pet friendly. We asked for the 2nd floor just to be sure we didn't end up in ro...
1  Thank KMKMNY
Reviewed 24 March 2012

During my recent stay I had my Jack Russell terrier with me, all per-approved by the desk staff before and after arrival. During our stay, several other people had larger dogs that were staying with their owners,as well

Reviewed 24 March 2012

My wife and I spent two nights here on a trip to Savannah and Charleston. We have stayed in hotels all over the world and this ranks with the best in terms of cleanliness and unbeatable in terms of price. Spacious room with tasteful decorations. 20 mins drive via I-95/16 right into the heart of downtown Savannah. But if you don't want to make the drive after a long day's travelling, for the freshest seafood dinner don't miss The Shell House only a few hundred yards away under I-95 just off southbound Exit 94. As good as any on River Street, at half the price.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple