“Horrible Room--Great Bar”

Ranked #30 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Oklahoma
“Horrible Room--Great Bar”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed last week at this hotel. I really expected a nice room--we upgraded to a 'king suite'. Apparently our definition of 'suite' differs from theirs. I think Mr. Kessler needs to stay in each level of room personally. Our room was totally uncomfortable--it just wasn't functional. There was a huge shower, but no tub. Now I like to soak in a tub after walking all day and most suites offer this amenity. The bathroom vanity was a counter with so little storage--pretty much no storage. The toilet room had plantation shutters that looked right onto the river. You had to make sure you had the shutters slanted just right so people couldn't see in. Another pet peeve--no fan in the bathroom. The desk had drawers that I suppose are supposed to double as a dresser for clothing but it certainly wasn't big enough for 2 people. Also, the room was so dark I never could be sure my makeup was applied properly. Having said all this, the bar is great. Spectacular view and the service is great. The bar was a nice reprieve from a really uncomfortable room. Mr. Kessler can surely do better than this.

Room Tip: Get definitive information about your room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PattyB54

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Hellertown, PA
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Cannot say enough about this hotel. The service, ambiance and overall decor of this hotel is exemplary. There was absolutely NOTHING that we did not love about The Bohemian. If you are traveling to Savannah or just traveling through you really owe it to yourself to stay at the Bohemian Hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I love this hotel. The rooms are spacious and beautiful, and the location is incredible. We were able to walk almost every where we needed to go. The staff was the friendliest I've encountered. In fact when we left we had two waters sitting in our cup holders for the ride home. When we walked out the previous day we were given a bag of snacks and at night cookies were left for the 3 of us. We had a street front room, but there was very little noise in our room unlike other hotels I've stayed in. I've seen complaints about the cost of valeting, but every time I've traveled to cities you had to pay that much or more per day. Also, the hotel restaurant was a little pricey, but so is almost every other restaurant in Savannah. Every where we went we paid that much or more. The food at both restaurants was very good though, so you got what you paid for. I do wish it had a pool, but they offer a shuttle to a sister hotel if you want to swim, so you can't really ask for more than that. If I ever go to Savannah again, I will definitely stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Get a river front room if you can because it has a great view.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jss1975
DC
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Expensive, yes. Location on River, the best. It has 75 well appointed rooms, it's beautiful and there is NOTHING on the river that can touch it. The only other modern hotel on the river is the HYATT (blah) the rest are these bed-bug-in-your-breakfast joints that are not for the faint of heart. However, we where not bowled over by the service, the staff tries to please but only goes so far. To their credit they are NOT tip hounds either. But they can come off as lackadaisical at times case in point.. Three housekeeping nits: a bobby pin left on the floor by previous guest in plain site was never swept up same deal with some long brunet hair in the bathroom, we used our water glasses and one of two wine goblets on the 1st night but glasses where never replaced 2 nights later, our paper cups got replaced though. That was puzzling. The food and food/drink service in the restaurant and roof top bar was very good. Not cheap/not chintzy and eatable for Rocks. The rooftop bar (Rocks On The Roof) suffers from it's own success.. it is often overcrowd during prime time with non-hotel guests (they even have a bouncer checking IDs for the obviously young) the drinks are good but pricey as are the appetizers. The experience there was more expen$ive than any meal/drinking during my stay. As long as you don't pay too much..It's the best and nicest "rivah" stay in Savannah, and no ghosts to boot! BTW we asked for a KING corner room selected during booking and specified that in instructions, we did not get it and NO explanation was offered, we could only assume this was attributed to booking through Expedia and NOT paying the TOP rate.. our double queen had a large shower but NO bathtub, we like showers so that was not an issue. Richard C. Kessler is owns this hotel NOT Marriott BTW as some of the other reviewers have said.

Room Tip: River Side for view. You can ask for the best (KING) but no guaranty
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I must admit, I am not a fan of the South. However Savannah always sparked some interest to me. I thought of going there with Dean, my partner, while we were visiting my parents in Florida. We all whent for a three-day-get-away.

I picked the Bohemian hotel owned by Marriott (not a fan of owners). Loved it. I travel, and I can be a travel snob... but, what a nice surprise.

Take a trip to Savannah and enjoy there inhabitants and there rich history and thriving economy.... and, if you like fried food (come on!,,, we all do) baby you have arrived!

That poor "Waving Girl" ... Go there and find out!

Room Tip: Face "the river" it's alive 24/7 with multi ton ships
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Armando5908
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The location is nice just by the river. Short walk to town and very central.There are a lot of restaurantes and bars just around the corner. The people are friendly, but the service is realy slow !! It can take 20 min just to get the bill to pay for lunch. The rooms are confortable, but book a room overlooking the river.

Room Tip: Book a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We have had dinner & drinks over the past two years at the Bohemian, and this year we booked our rooms here to celebrate a special occasion. The staff and valets were extremely friendly, and our room with a river view was worth the extra cost. The Kessler Collection is part of the Marriott Autograph Collection portfolio, and they delivered on our high expectations. I know we'll be back!!

Room Tip: Book a river view room!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ATLpch
lindsaygartrell, Guest Relations Manager at The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We are pleased to hear we helped make celebrating your special occasion memorable. We look forward to future visits!

Kind regards,