Review Highlights

Reviewed July 25, 2018
Goerniego
Morgantown, West Virginia
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I arranged this private tour to learn about Savannah....history, customs, architecture, layout, etc. we were not disappointed. Jason was personable, knowledgeable and took extra time where we were interested. We enjoyed his commentary and knowledge, and his conversation as we asked questions which just flowed into more information. We very much enjoyed. Arranged by email, confirmed with us by phone the day before, picked us up at our hotel, and suggested a nice place to drop us for lunch after tour...perfect! I would highly recommend if you get the chance!

1  Thank cedyahoo
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

Very knowledgeable tour guides. Interactive with the passengers. Everyone on our tours had a great time. We will do it again.

1  Thank Goerniego
Reviewed June 28, 2017

Judd took us all around Savannah and out to Bonaventure Cemetery with really interesting facts about each locale. This was absolutely the highlight of our vacation and Judd was the reason. This tour is one of the best you'll ever find.

Reviewed January 15, 2017

We wanted to see some of the countryside surrounding Savannah so asked Kathy to take us to Beaufort SC and we also did her tour of Savannah and Bonaventure.

Her car is lovely and comfortable and the private tours can be altered to suit your interests. We love the homes in and around Savannah so we saw lots of those plus I love chocolate and the chocolate shop in Beaufort was a must. The restaurant she took us to in Beaufort did very good shrimp bisque and shrimp po-boys - if you can't get local shrimp where you live you have to gorge on it when it is good!

We also got to have Kathy's charming husband Jason as our driver for the Bonaventure and around tour. We thoroughly enjoyed our time with them both. Kathy is cutting down on her tours now so she can devote time to other things but I would certainly give her a call to see if she can show you lovely Savannah her way with lots of history and humour.

1  Thank flowerlady64
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

Kathy made our trip! She is fun, entertaining and very knowledgeable. During our tour we visited the sites we had asked her to tour as well as many more sites in between. Without Kathy our family has agreed we would have never learned as much or had seen as much during our stay in Savannah. We will be recommending her to all our friends and family in the future. Thank you Kathy!

PLUS:
Kathy took family photos for us, recommended restaurants other points of interest worth wild!

3  Thank De S
Reviewed August 29, 2016

We so enjoyed our day with Kathy ~ learned and laughed so much! We heard many stories as we toured Bonaventure Cemetery, saw the oldest live oak tree in GA, visited Wormsloe and the Oak Alley, saw many beautiful, architecturally significant homes on both Bluff Drive in town.

I'm sure I will be taking another tour on my next trip through town.
At the end of our tour, I told Kathy that Savannah really should make her a special ambassador because no one could present this city with more charm and passion!

2  Thank Barbara E
Reviewed August 7, 2016

Kathy is without doubt one of the worlds History buffs. From the Bonaventure Cemetary to every historic and fun place in Savannah. The details ... her enthusiam ... her knowledge. Our 2 and a half hour tour was alive every minute. Will never forget it.

4  Thank gspiegel2016
Reviewed July 29, 2016

There is so much to see in downtown Savannah...so many details. We've lived here for more than a decade and still haven't seen all of it. We've done some of the walking tours before during the winter months, but summer in Savannah called for an air conditioned tour this time. Kathy did an amazing job pointing things out that we would have otherwise missed. We found her to be very easy to talk to, very charming, a boundless supply of information. She knows her subject well.
Reading other recent reviews, I'm not sure what the history buff was hoping to get. All I can say is that for folks like us who love history but don't eat it for breakfast, Kathy provides more than enough detail, not only to get a well-rounded perspective on the First City, but some local color as well.
We were especially interested in the houses around the more prominent squares, and she really provided a lot of backstory about them. She also pointed out countless interesting details, ranging from the major architectural styles down to easy-to-miss stuff like boot scrapers built into railings, horse hitches, stepping stones and dolphin downspouts.
I've passed by this stuff every day for years, and I guess I've taken it for granted; thanks, Kathy for reviving my interest in Savannah.

4  Thank FourTens
Reviewed July 29, 2016

Brought my fiance back to Savannah this summer and decided to take another tour with Kathy. This time we took the Beaufort tour and it was amazing! Kathy is very knowledgeable about the history of the area and always brings that southern charm that we love so much. Highlights of the trip include having a wonderful lunch at Plums restaurant and visiting Old Sheldon Church Ruins. For anyone looking to visit the Savannah area and experience it's history in a fun and engaging way, we would definitely recommend a tour with Kathy!

1  Thank Jonathan A
Reviewed July 29, 2016

Spent 4 hours with Kathy touring places I never would have found on my own. Entertaining a customer as an activity, and this was a home run. She loves her home town, tells fun stories, and made it a very comfortable experience for us. I'm making plans to bring down my wife for a trip when the flowers are in bloom next March at Kathy's recommendation, and will be sure to take another tour with her then.