“Two very enjoyable days out”

All About Savannah Tours
Ranked #8 of 165 Tours in Savannah
More attraction details
Owner description: Please choose a private tour from the 3 tour options I offer on my site. Enjoy a private tour, with a Savannah native, in comfort (your own A/C controls) at a relaxed pace. Kathy has been a tour guide for 10 years and before that was an elementary school teacher, so her tours are great for all ages! See the Low Country and even Tybee Island. Or how about the biggest Live Oak tree in the state and beautiful Bluff Drive on the Isle of Hope -also Wormsloe's Live Oak allee! 2 person minimum & call for reservations.
Reviewed January 15, 2017

We wanted to see some of the countryside surrounding Savannah so asked Kathy to take us to Beaufort SC and we also did her tour of Savannah and Bonaventure.

Her car is lovely and comfortable and the private tours can be altered to suit your interests. We love the homes in and around Savannah so we saw lots of those plus I love chocolate and the chocolate shop in Beaufort was a must. The restaurant she took us to in Beaufort did very good shrimp bisque and shrimp po-boys - if you can't get local shrimp where you live you have to gorge on it when it is good!

We also got to have Kathy's charming husband Jason as our driver for the Bonaventure and around tour. We thoroughly enjoyed our time with them both. Kathy is cutting down on her tours now so she can devote time to other things but I would certainly give her a call to see if she can show you lovely Savannah her way with lots of history and humour.

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank flowerlady64

Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

Kathy made our trip! She is fun, entertaining and very knowledgeable. During our tour we visited the sites we had asked her to tour as well as many more sites in between. Without Kathy our family has agreed we would have never learned as much or had seen as much during our stay in Savannah. We will be recommending her to all our friends and family in the future. Thank you Kathy!

PLUS:
Kathy took family photos for us, recommended restaurants other points of interest worth wild!

Date of experience: September 2016
3  Thank De S
Reviewed August 29, 2016

We so enjoyed our day with Kathy ~ learned and laughed so much! We heard many stories as we toured Bonaventure Cemetery, saw the oldest live oak tree in GA, visited Wormsloe and the Oak Alley, saw many beautiful, architecturally significant homes on both Bluff Drive in town.

I'm sure I will be taking another tour on my next trip through town.
At the end of our tour, I told Kathy that Savannah really should make her a special ambassador because no one could present this city with more charm and passion!

Date of experience: August 2016
2  Thank Barbara E
Reviewed August 7, 2016

Kathy is without doubt one of the worlds History buffs. From the Bonaventure Cemetary to every historic and fun place in Savannah. The details ... her enthusiam ... her knowledge. Our 2 and a half hour tour was alive every minute. Will never forget it.

Date of experience: July 2016
4  Thank gspiegel2016
See more reviews
Reviewed July 29, 2016

There is so much to see in downtown Savannah...so many details. We've lived here for more than a decade and still haven't seen all of it. We've done some of the walking tours before during the winter months, but summer in Savannah called for an air conditioned tour this time. Kathy did an amazing job pointing things out that we would have otherwise missed. We found her to be very easy to talk to, very charming, a boundless supply of information. She knows her subject well.
Reading other recent reviews, I'm not sure what the history buff was hoping to get. All I can say is that for folks like us who love history but don't eat it for breakfast, Kathy provides more than enough detail, not only to get a well-rounded perspective on the First City, but some local color as well.
We were especially interested in the houses around the more prominent squares, and she really provided a lot of backstory about them. She also pointed out countless interesting details, ranging from the major architectural styles down to easy-to-miss stuff like boot scrapers built into railings, horse hitches, stepping stones and dolphin downspouts.
I've passed by this stuff every day for years, and I guess I've taken it for granted; thanks, Kathy for reviving my interest in Savannah.

Date of experience: July 2016