The property is wonderful, especially the public spaces. It is very apparent through the staffing that the management's strategy is all about the property and golf, but not about service.
Food service in restaurant/bar/pool areas:
On two occasions were actually ignored/not even asked if we needed help (once in the bar, once at the pool) One person was covering the pool area at lunch time on a 85 degree sunny day, and he could not keep up with everyone. The next day the conference had left, they had 2 waiters, and it was better; service was very polite and the food was excellent. We had an agonizingly slow but delicious breakfast at the Aqua Star restaurant (again last day of the conference); the waitress was very nice and helpful with our toddler. There were simply not enough servers or people cleaning up the tables, and when we left the restaurant, we were insulted by our observation of two hotel staff having a long conversation about how to rearrange the framed golf photos on the wall by the restaurant. All of the food (lunch and dinner at the bar and breakfast at Aqua Star) we had though was excellent.
They never got to our room the first day we were there (and out most of the day until 3 p.m.), even after we called at 2:30. The housekeeper did stop by and hand us a few fresh towels and an extra bar of soap. Also, dishes were left in the hallway from room service for hours on one day. We complained about housekeeping on checkout and were offered a sincere apology and extra Starwood points.
The property is lovely, with an amazing view of Savannah's riverfront. The property staff were really on top of things, with no litter and plenty of available towels. They seemed very on top of keeping the property clean too during the first Friday Oyster Roast. Our child really enjoyed the spraying fountains area, and the hotel was very kid-friendly. All in all, we would consider staying at the property again; we just wouldn't want to be too dependent on Westin service, and would venture off the property for more meals.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southern charm meets modern luxury at the Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, in the heart of the historic Savannah River District. Savannah's premier resort is the prime location; not far from fantastic shopping and nightlife, but removed just enough for tranquility. Enjoy complimentary water ferry service to River Street, renovated guest rooms, meeting rooms and public spaces. The Resort is adjacent to International Trade and Convention Center, 20 min from the airport, 90-second ferry ride to River Street. Be well. Be Westin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Hotel Savannah
- Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort And Spa
- Westin Savannah Harbor Hotel
- Westin Savannah Harbor Resort
- Savannah Westin