2,264 results
All reviews across the river free ferry resort fee aqua star ferry ride ferry service midnight sun water ferry river street heavenly bed beautiful resort convention center runs every minutes hutchinson island a river view room high floor self parking
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I arrived early in Savannah for a week long trip and needed a hotel for just one night before moving to a B&B we had reserved. We managed to get a great rate on line for the Westin Resort. As at other Westin hotels that we have stayed at, the service was exceptional. Our room was roomy and very clean and the staff very accomodating. The bell captain recommended a great local restaurant for dinner that evening (Vic's on River St.), When we mentioned his thoughts to the concierge, she wholeheartedly agreed and quickly made reservations for us. For those concerned that the hotel is across the river from historic Savannah, there is a free ferry that runs frequently and drops you off right on River St.

Overall a wonderful stay.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank dwalters872
WestinSav, Mark Spadoni, General Manager at The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for sharing such a wondeful review. I am pleased to hear how well our Concierge and Bell Staff assisted you with dinner plans. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Savannah!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel wasn't the best Starwood property I have stayed in but it had a lot going for it. The negative first. The hotel was under a little more stress than normal because it was hosting many of the players and events associated with the Liberty Mutual Legends of Golf. In fact my wife met Jack Nicklaus in the elevator. So the service was a little off here and there. I wasn't told for instance that the store would be reopened and that the girl was just on break, so I ended up driving to a part of Savannah I didn't know to get some tylenol for my kid. When I got back they were open and I had wasted an hour of my day getting something I could have gotten on site. I also noticed we didn't have housekeeping come by our room at all on Saturday. If we were staying more than 2 nights I would probably have been upset a bit by that.
The good, the property is perfectly situated with a short ferry ride to across the river to River St and the historic district of Savannah accessible all day. The food was very good at the resort. In fact it was better than anywhere in Savannah we chose to eat. The property has a very expansive pool area with a great view and even a little tiny spray park for little kids. My toddler absolutely loved it. The hotel property and the course is immaculate and quite beautiful. I really enjoyed the dining rooms for the ambiance and view. Our room was comfortable and well appointed. I would caution people to ease off on the hot water in the bath as it gets super hot quick as I learned! All in all, my wife and I would likely come back again.

Room tip: I would pay extra for the River View.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Westin Savannah Harbor for your recent visit to Savannah. I am glad to hear how much you and your family enjoyed our Resort. I appreciate your feedback and will share it with my management team to use for improvements. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future should travels bring you back this way.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Was here last year and noted it needed some upgrading. So happy some of the rooms have been upgraded and the rooms look clean and up to date.
We were able to enjoy the golfing this year. The boat that brings you across the river seems to be faster and more efficient than in the past.

Room tip: Ask to face the river.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us again! We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your recent visit to Savannah, and hope to see you again - and often!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

After a great number of phone calls and voice mails to this hotel (that went unanswered), I am still left with a $300+ overcharge. I stayed at the property for the 2013 New Years Eve Celebration and decided to stay an extra day (New Years Day Eve). My rate for the previous two evenings of $229.00 (+ a million fees they tack on....will get to that next), with New Years Eve being a premium night, I called the front desk on New Years Day to see about staying an extra night. I saw on-line that the rates were $149.00, so when I called the front desk, they granted my asking rate of $149 (I later confirmed in person at the front desk)......to my dismay, the charge on my credit card was $449.00 ($300 more than quoted and nearly double a charge for a premium night....as the hotel was a ghost town on New Years Day), plus a $20 premium room charge. Also during my stay, we paid for valet service that was horrible.....half the time the desk was unattended and then the other half of the time, they couldn't find the car. I even went looking for it and spent 30 minutes trying to find it when they said it was in the parking garage......and all along it was up front near the hotel entrance. For this awesome service, I got to paid an extra $30/day. I have stayed at this property on numerous occasions and enjoy everything the physical property has to offer.....but the service is just not up to par for the level of hotel this claims to be....... Still hoping the hotel will respond and make this right..... Don Pottieger, Jr., Charleston, SC

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Don P

Thank you for allowing our staff to reach out to you and assist you with this matter. If you have any further questions, or need additional information, please reach out to Teresa Berry at teresa.berry@westin.com, or at 912.201.2000.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Lovely location and really fun to use the somewhat infrequent ferries over to Riverside area. We had a great suite overlooking the river and it was serviced really well.Nice comfy bed and good air conditioning. It was a quiet time for the hotel,apparently and I think that caused some problems. The first night we were there ( of 5 ) there was a temporary bar in the lobby. Not ideal and they only had a limited selection of wine and beer available. We had dinner in the restaurant the first evening as we were tired after a 7 hour drive. I have to say the crab pot pie was the most delicious thing I ate on the entire holiday. Beautiful flavours in a creamy sauce. Breakfast in the same restaurant the next morning was a disaster. We waited nearly three quarters of an hour in a not busy restaurant for the continental breakfast of fruit, cereal and toast.Then the toast had to go back, because it was not toasted more like warm bread.The coffee was not refilled despite asking.We did mention this to the restaurant manager and he upgraded us to the full buffet on one day at the weekend to compensate.This was not the only occasion we had a painfully slow service,but if they put the food out for self service it would have been much easier all round.
Anyhow, apart from that this is a lovely hotel, in a lovely setting that can produce great food, maybe just not at breakfast time.

Room tip: Upgrade to a suite on a high floor.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank noddie11
WestinSav, Mark Spadoni, General Manager at The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments. During your stay we were involved in major renovations in these areas and I apologize for the incovenience you encountered. All renovations are complete and back to normal. We do hope that if you have an opportunity to stay with us again, you will allow us to properly serve you.