2,248 results
All reviews across the river free ferry resort fee aqua star ferry ride ferry service midnight sun water ferry heavenly bed river street convention center beautiful resort runs every minutes hutchinson island a river view room high floor self parking
Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

We stayed Friday and Saturday night on our way home to Florida from Asheville NC. We were hoping to relax for a couple of days to break up our trip. Having stayed at Westins before we had high expectations. This is advertised as a five star resort and you are charged as if it were. However, we have gotten better service at a waffle house. Service in the restaurants was terrible. Long waits to be seated for no apparent reason other than no one was manning the host station to seat people. Wait staff was surly and acted like they wanted to be elsewhere. The pool staff and front desk and check in staff as well as the reception staff were excellent and what one would expect of a five star resort. The food was mediocre and overpriced. We will not return.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Dear Joni J,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking the time to rate your stay. We are sorry we did not live up to your expectations, or ours, and we hope you will give us another chance to provide you with the excellent dining service you should always expect from us. It is nice to hear, however, that most of our staff were excellent and took good care of you.
Please accept our apologies for the problems that inconvenienced you and impacted your rating!

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

I planned a Spa day for my boyfriends birthday during a trip to Savannah. After booking massages, I also asked if we would be able to purchase a day pass to relax by the pool after our massages, but was told that would not be an option by two people with no explanation when asked why I wouldn’t even be able to pay for access- just got a “no, you have to be staying in the hotel.”

On the day of our massages, we arrived around 12pm by ferry and headed inside where I let the Concierge desk know we were looking for the spa. The woman who responded looked at me without smiling and waved toward the door saying, “it’s in the other building.” I asked how to get there and she, again without smiling said, “you can take the shuttle.” It was an awkward interaction and for someone who I would expect to be happy to help, she seemed uninterested and as if I was bothering her. My boyfriend immediately said she looked annoyed the second we walked up.

We had an amazing experience at the Spa getting a couples massage- Cookie (the Spa Attendant) and our masseuses were wonderful.

We headed back to the hotel via the shuttle looking for lunch and stopped at the Concierge desk because we didn’t know our options. I let them know we were looking for the restaurant and the woman’s response was, “Which restaurant?” I told her that I didn’t know the options and she pointed us towards one option on the lobby level and a second seafood restaurant option on the second level. We decided to head up to the seafood restaurant and arrived to find out that they stopped serving lunch at 2:30pm. It is disappointing to say the least that we were sent up to a restaurant that had already stopped serving lunch, which I would expect the Concierge to be aware of. We then decided to just leave and look for lunch somewhere else. It could have just been a oversight of hers to send us up there, but after two visits to them, I’d say the Concierge desk needs some help or retraining.
Additionally, it was disappointing to not be able to use the pool when we spent hundreds of dollars as guests at the spa. I would have gladly purchased day passes to use the pool, but was repeatedly told that was not an option, which is sad when it was for a special occasion. I specifically chose this hotel to go to the Spa due to the good reputation, but won’t be back.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2018

Dear Melanie B,

Thank you for your honest evaluation. While we were pleased to read how much you enjoyed our spa, we are deeply sorry that our concierge staff was not as responsive as they should have been in working to address your specific concerns. It is always our goal to follow up immediately and resolve everything to your total satisfaction. Your comments show that we have room for improvement, and we assure you we will be more diligent going forward. We hope you will give us the opportunity to make it up to you on a future visit.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

This was our 2nd stay at Westin Savannah, and overall, we were disappointed with most of the customer service that was provided. We had a group of 15 that stayed here and most of us experienced issues during our stay, which most could have been avoided with a little bit of attention to detail.

Good News First: Amenities are great. We did enjoy Lindsey, the pool manager I assume, as she was awesome. She made sure our cabanas reserved just for us and when there was an issue (refrigerator not working), she had someone come fix it.

Unfortunately, there were many small incidents that happened that caused a ripple affect with our whole group. Some were at check-in (Rooms given away, requests were ignored), some were with housekeeping (chips were left in the bed after it was made, no service at all), some with the actual room (Damp furniture) and others were with wait staff service at the bar (long wait times).

There was one larger incident in regards to customer service with the Aqua Star Restaurant staff. On Friday, August 3, we reserved a table for 15 at Aqua Star. The area was decorated nice, but looks can only get you so far. We were assigned a waitress, who stated she was fairly new, and it showed. She wasn't able to answer questions in reference the entrees and repeatedly had to find someone to answer them, which added to our wait time. She served our table by herself, with minimal assistance from the manager. By her serving our large group by herself, there were things that we waited on that shouldn't have taken as long as it did. (Salads, main meal, and bill). I don't blame that on her because everyone deserves time to grow in a new position, but I honestly believe with a group the size of ours, most restaurants would have provided 2 waiters/waitresses.

*A small caveat about the food: We understand a restaurant tries to have unique dishes on their menu, but it would be helpful if your staff, when asked, describes a dish the way that it is. For example, when most people hear "pot pie" in a title, they are expecting a thickish, creamy filling. Aqua Star's pot pie was not. The waitress did not address that it was more of a thin soupy substance. That may be something you could think about when your staff is learning the menu.*

We did manage to make it thru dinner with only about 1/3 of our large party not liking their meal, but the wait time to get our bills took abnormally long. We were first told that it was because there were other large parties, which didn't make sense because the restaurant was half empty. We were then told that the systems were down and that we had to wait longer. When no one came back, our whole party had to get up and go to the bar to check out. You would think that after roughly 30 minutes of waiting for our bill, that they would be correct. They weren't. I'm not sure what the overall issue was, as it was never explained to us, but the manager on duty, made it worse with one of those "I'm only saying sorry because I have to say sorry" type of apologies. I'm not sure if he was having a bad night, but the least he could have done was come to our table and say "Sorry for the long wait. We're having technical difficulties with one of our systems, but we hope to have it shortly. Thank you for being patience" or something in that matter.

It's amazing how one incident with one of Westin's managers can leave a bad taste in your mouth when speaking of Westin Savannah Resort. My wife and I stayed at your resort before and we were the ones we recommended it to our friends and family to come on this trip only to have most of them say them would never return to your hotel. Truthfully, it would be hard for me to return to or recommend your hotel again based on the customer service on this trip alone.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Gerneal B,

Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies for the issues you encountered while dining at Aqua Star. We strive to collaborate with our guests to create nourishing and nutritious meals combined with meaningful service, and we are truly sorry we fell short in these attempts this time. We have shared your observations with our management team for their immediate attention so this does not happen again. We hope you will reconsider and stay with us again as we would like you to experience the hotel as you should have on this visit.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Overall, a beautiful and well maintained hotel. Remember to request a river-view room to get the full impact of the city.

Disappointed that one of the two rooms we reserved was not reach by the 4 pm check-in time...so we ended up on different floors. If you have a check-in time, you should have the required availability. Clearly, they must be understaffed.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Dear cardman760,

Thank you for staying at The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf & Resort and for sharing your review. We are glad to know you had a nice stay with us and loved our well-maintained facility. We are sorry for the inconvenience you had during check-in. We have shared your feedback with our team to make sure be more diligent in the service going forward. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Awesome place! Great golf and food. Would have loved a better view of fireworks but the ferry rides were fantastic. I really enjoyed the cigar selections at the resort and the at the nearby stores. Will come again!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Dear genasissinc,

Thank you for including Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa in your travel plans. We are so happy to know that you had a refreshing experience with us. Our unique downtown destination seamlessly combines urban accessibility with outstanding resort amenities. Thanks for your feedback, and we can’t wait to welcome you back.