All reviewsamit patelroom was cleanan overnight staycontinental breakfastfront desk staffthe breakfast areayogurttybee islandhistoric districtrripetjacuzzidowntownga
Reviewed June 13, 2017 via mobile

I have stayed at this property for the last 2 or 3 years. It seems there is no Mgr on site. The elevators interior walls were all scratched up - to cover graffiti? The linoleum in the elevator is shot. When the a/c started in my room it sounded like a diesel truck idling next to me. In the elevator I asked 2 other guests if their a/c was loud & they agreed it theirs was intolerable also. I finally shut it off for the night so I could watch the news.
While walking my dog it was hard to miss the trash blowing around the parking lot (paper cups, bags napkins. It appears that it hasn't been picked up in quite a while.
I can't figure out how a property can go from outstanding to dog eared and tired in one year. Don't water you time here.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Masterkeyusa, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2017

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us and we apologize for the shortcomings you experienced. Your comments have been addressed with the management team to ensure this type of situation does not reoccur.
We certainly do appreciate your continued patronage and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed May 27, 2017

It was on a good location just on I95 and four exits from downtown. It was a nice area with lots of hotel and gas station and places to eat. the breakfast was O.K. The staff was friendly. They did not have water bottles .for ready card members.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank pradip b
Masterkeyusa, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2017

Dear Valued Guest:

We greatly appreciate your comment regarding your recent stay with us. Hearing that a guest enjoyed his or her stay at our hotel is encouraging. We do apologize for the shortcomings you experience. Your comments have been communicated to the management team and they are looking into this matter. Thank you very much for the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed May 23, 2017

I am writing you to tell you what a very disturbing and bad experience I had during my stay at the Red Roof Inn - Gateway in Savannah GA on 05-10-2017 for one night. When I checked in the gentleman that processed my check in was very nice and helpful. He stated that he just started and hadn't had any training, but did the best he could, and I did not have a problem with waiting while he processed my reservation, due to his very kind and helpful attitude. I did need a rollaway bed to go in my room because of a restless child that will keep you up at night, but he looked and could not find any, but otherwise was very helpful. I ended up having to rent another room because there was not a rollaway available for me to use. The other family traveling with me had rented two rooms also, for a total of 4 rooms.

I got up the morning of 05/11/2017 to get the breakfast that was offered and arrived in the lobby about 8:55 with the breakfast ending at 9 am. I was making my waffle and asked the person attending to the area for some milk because the milk container was empty. Her reply was "breakfast if over at 9, and I'm not putting out anymore milk". I tried to explain to her that I was getting my food and needed some milk, and she gave me the same reply. The juice machine was turned off and she refused to turn that back on, and it was now about 9:01.

I sat down with my family, after my wife walked back to the room after being upset about the service that we were receiving, to try and eat the waffle that I got and a older couple walked in to get some breakfast items about 9:05 and she got some cereal out of the dispenser and saw there was no milk. So this lady walked over to the same person that I talked to in the side room where all the supplies were kept and asked about the milk. The employee took out the milk jug and gave her some milk as she was asked, after she told me that she was not putting out any milk. I then asked the lady why she told me one thing, but did another for another guest, and she simply said "I said I was not putting out any milk". I then ask for a manager and the employee stated that the manager was not in, and I ask her who was in charge, and she replied that the manager was not in.

The older guest then asked about muffins and other items, and she was told that breakfast was over at 9 am by this same employee, and the lady carried on a conversation about this with the employee for a few minutes. The older guest did pick up some type of bread item that was still out, and went to go get some butter for it and the employee through the plate in the trash before the guest could get back to it.

During the conversation with the employee with the older guest, she also asked to speak to the manager, and got the same response that the manager was not here today. The guest asked if they could call her, and the employee stated that she was not going to call her. Then the employee told the older female guest " If you want me to be honest, technically you are not even suppose to be sitting here, because breakfast was over at 9am. This conversation got loud in the lobby and went on for some time.

I stay at the Red Roof Inn when I am out of town, and have stayed at this particular location on numerous occasions, and I have never been treated so rudely as I have during this stay, and not to mention the other guest that I have told you about. On top of this, the people that clean the rooms that were standing in the hallway outside of our rooms (this is because we had four total rooms for my relatives), every time we would walk out the door to go to another room that our relatives were in, they kept asking "are you finished, are you out yet". This was quite annoying to me and my family that were staying there. It happened to several of us, and I felt like they were rushing me to get out of my room and it was only 9:30 in the morning.

I will be very reluctant to stay at Red Roof Inns because this has quite frankly, left a bad taste in my mouth. The relatives that traveled with me, left it up to me to make the reservations for staying at these places while we were out of town, and I feel as if I have disappointed them in my choice to stay at the Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Ralph W
Masterkeyusa, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2017

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your most recent stay. Sorry to hear you did not have a completely satisfied stay. We do apologize for any inconvenience caused during & after breakfast & your stay from our staff members.
This is certainly not a norm for our hotel.
Again, we thank you for your feedback and hope you'll give us another chance to welcome you back and see how we have improved.

The Team at Red Roof Inn Gateway

Reviewed May 16, 2017

The staff were friendly, the room was clean, the beds were comfortable. It was easy to get to downtown Savannah from the hotel. Breakfast was ok, could use some more options. The hotel has an outdoor pool.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
MasterkeyHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Savannah Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2017

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. It's pleasing to know that you enjoyed the room and noticed our friendly staff. Plus the our location was perfect for you needs. Thank you again for the wonderful comments and we look forward to you next visit.

Reviewed May 11, 2017 via mobile

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT STAY HERE!! We didn't even stay here a night and would give 0 stars if possible!! We bought 2 rooms and while the first one looked ok, the second one had a roach in the bed. After we called and moved to another room, we walked in and a bed bug was crawling over the top of the bed! (Pictures and video will be attached) We went to the front desk and showed the video and pictures and were issued a refund of both rooms. Do not risk bringing these bugs back to your home!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family