Bluegreen Vacations Studio Homes at Ellis Square, an Ascend Resort Collection
Boca Raton, FL
“Wonderful New Hotel”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Staff was super nice and helpful, especially Amy the concierge. Always greeted us with a smile when we got back from sightseeing and asked us what we did :) The Presidential King was gorgeous and beyond huge. I felt more like I was at home then in a hotel room and the towels, robes and linens did not have that bleach smell most hotels have. Two enthusiastic thumbs up!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kim B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We stayed at the Studio Homes the week before St. Patrick's Day and it was a great place for our family to have a nice downtown spot. The previous posts have already covered how nice the units are and I would definitely agree.

We did have some issues with the wi-fi within our room - it was pretty spotty depending what part of the unit you were sitting in and the cable TV seemed to be set up differently in each of the rooms which was a bit of a challenge.

Great location for accessing everything in Savannah. One tip I would offer is in regard to parking. Rather than pay $25 per day to the hotel to access the Whitaker garage, you can get a pass from the Savannah Visitor's Bureau that allows unlimited parking in any of the city garages for only $7 for 24 hours or only $12 for 48 hours. You can also pick these passes up at Savannah Parking Services, just east of the hotel on Bryant St. This saved us a lot over the course of a week.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor and away from the construction that is happening on the south side...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank MUhrblock
Atlanta
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed here for two nights for my Mom's 70th birthday. There is a building going up across the street, and the main entrance is closed off to traffic, but that did not cause any inconvenience. Our two bedroom unit was spacious and comfortable, and the building is located right in the middle of everything. The staff were very friendly. Because this will soon be a timeshare arrangement, you have to request housekeeping, but that worked out perfect for us. It was like having our own apartment in the city. My only complaint is the $150 security deposit they charge upon check-in and did not mention prior to arrival. If they are going to run this like a hotel, there should be no deposit.

Room Tip: Two bedroom units ending in 01 have a slight view of the river if you look just the right way.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ATLcruiser
Minnesota
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We booked a 2 Room 2 bath suite and loved it. Less than buying 2 hotel rooms but much more value. Good location between river and broughton st. Construction, checkin and parking not simple but manageable. Dinner at belfords. Breakfast at goose feathers. Perfect.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank oakleafgal
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Well I was so overwhelmed buy the quality and the cleanliness of the hotel linens I just felt I needed to leave a brief review. I am a road warrior and travel for business constantly, and I guess I have developed a "laundry quality meter" based on all of the hotels I have stayed in. well I don't know who is doing the laundry for Studio Homes but they deserve a raise! The sheets and pillow cases were impeccable and smelled fresh and clean but not perfumed or smelling of chemicals. The towels and luxurious bath robe were fresh and fluffy and a joy to use. I vote to give the laundry person or service washing linens for this hotel my 5 star award!

Room Tip: Just know their is a construction site just outside the front door which shouldn't be a problem...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Roadtripper20
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 March 2012

When I think of Savannah, I don't think much of it. I think of a, old, dingy, dirty, old-fashioned town. That sterotype could not be farther from the truth as was proved with my recent stay. I was there for only 2 days- March 9-March 10. The rooms were super clean, Im a clean freak, so I always check the floor and mirrors for handprints and go to the bathroom to see traces of hair. It passed my inspection. I could not find anything wrong with the property and the hotel has a very home like feel. When I called to update my reservation, I asked for the sofa sleeper to be made upon my arrival. We were traveling with kids and were due to get in around 7 or 8pm and I wanted everything already made up. To my surprise, it was done just as such. There have been soooo many times when simple requests, such as extra pillows or towels or blankets be placed in my room, where it simply did not get done. The appliances were totally new, from stainless steel fridge, toaster, oven, microwave, spic and span clean oven mitts, just everything was fantastic. My only complaint was that there was construction going on, across the street which woke me up and the less than friendly security guard of the property who "politely" informed me that his shift didn't start til 10:00pm. I was trying to speak with him and I was annoyed by the fact that he was on his cell phone since I felt was rude and he should have been assisting me, at which time he told me he was early for his shift. i thought most companies don't allow u to be on the "floor: unless working and how the hell was I supposed to know he wasn't on the clock? Other than that, this was a perfect stay. We went just as St. Patrick's day festivities were getting under way so the city was vibrant and active. We were there for my daughter's gymnastics meet which coincided with the Girl Scouts Annual Convention so the city was on fire!!! River Street is a few blocks within walking distance from the hotel and u can catch a free water taxi to other parts of the district so essentially, once u park at the Hotel/Whitaker Street Garage, you really don't have to move your car since there is a free trolly as well that takes u around. I will certainly be back to really take in the city and would certainly stay here. The posted rates are pretty steep, but i was fortunate to get it on a travel zoo deal which put the nightly rate at around $150 for a one bedroom.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ScorpioWande
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My wife and I just returned from a three night stay at the Studio Homes. For the price we paid, there is no better place to stay in Savannah. Before choosing this place, understand that it is not really a hotel. There is no restaurant, fitness center, pool, etc. Maid service comes by request only. There is no free continental breakfast, and so on.

We did not really care about the lack of the above stated amenities, especially when we saw the place. It really is a well put together apartment. The decor, furniture and the hardwood floors were definitely high quality.

First, the kitchen is amazing. It has more or less anything you would need in a kitchen and more. My wife had brought carrots but forgot to bring a carrot grater. No problem, the kitchen had one.The bedroom was small, but there was really no reason for it to be big since there was plenty of living space. I also loved the flat screen TV mounted to the bedroom wall. Nice touch. Bathroom was really nice, very big, great shower. Everything was solid as far as quality. I would post pictures of everything, but seriously the place looks exactly like it did in the pictures on the various websites.

The location was perfect. The place is within walking distance of anything you could possibly want to see in Savannah and literally a 1 minute walk from City Market, Broughton St and River St. All in all, the place was a great stay. I would highly recommend, especially if you are the type that likes to bring along some food while away.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple