“well worth the wait”

Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 1 week ago

we had been told for several years to give this place a try but never found the time. we should have found the time. you will have to wait in line, so be there early. it is only open for lunch from 11am to ~3pm. once you gain entry you will taken to a table where over 20 home cooked items are served to you family style. every one is more delicious than the next.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,199)

Reviewed 1 week ago

Loved Mrs. Wilkes - I lined up early, travelling alone I was soon in conversation with others in the line, all eager to try the southern food and family style eating. We weren't disappointed. Loved the food and the conversation was great too. My highlights of southern cooking - fried chicken, sweet potatoe and collard greens - delicious! And the peach cobbler was fabulous. I will definitely return if I'm in Savannah again,

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My wife and I have been coming to Savannah for the past 4 years on the same weekend as our annual getaway. We always come up on Thursday and always seem to forget about going on Friday. This time we jumped into the line and got in so we could experience the family style dining offered at Mrs Wilkes. This place is great !!! Lived up to the reputation that we had heard for years. The food is good and you will not leave hungry. The service was great, everyone is there to help and make sure you get everything you want. My wife and I would recommend Mrs Wilkes to anyone that is inquiring about going, don't miss the opportunity to get fed like it is a holiday everyday. If you questioning it, don't just go and get full.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Sorry, Mrs. Wilkes' granddaughter was lovely but after waiting 3 hours, food wasn't worth it at all...Just not worth it, 43 sides and 'fair' fried chicken and you have to clean up your own dishes...Not worth it...CAsh only also!

1  Thank NancyM07
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I was told by several people that I must go to Mrs. Wilkes Dining Room and I am so happy I did. The 30 minute wait outside was so worth the southern deliciousness. Upon entering the dining room the table was set for ten people with platters of fried chicken, potatoes, vegetables, biscuits and so much more. Sitting with strangers around this table of wonderful food quickly made us feel like old friends. Get to know the people in front of you and in back of you while in line because you will be breaking those biscuits together. Super friendly staff and Mrs. Wilkes granddaughter will be sure to stop by and say hi to you. A must go to in Savannah. Enjoy!

1  Thank TomZ05