“Honesty is the best policy”
Review of Bayou Cafe

Good for: Bar Scene, View
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

There were no tables available in the restaurant on the first level so we went upstairs to the bar, ordered a drink and some food. One good bartender/waitress was running the show and she told us it may be awhile for the food because they were so busy. We ordered anyway. As busy as she was, she was good company and it was entertaining watching the fellow patrons. The building looks a bit rundown but the food is good and the hot sauce is one of a kind and sold on site.

Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

Rolled into town with my dog for dinner. Ooh la la. I’m from New Orleans and their seafood gumbo rocks! A close second to mine. Great view of the river and live music. They even have a dog water bowl!

Reviewed February 7, 2018

This place was so freaking good. We went on a Friday night and ate dinner while listening to the live music (He was very good...looked like Tom Petty). Its a hole in the wall and they only had 1 waitress but the food was so amazing, it didn't matter. I grew up in Louisiana and this was the best Jambalaya I had ever had. My friend had shrimp and grits and she must have said it was so good 2000 times! The corn bread was also perfect! The only downside was the mixed drinks were so so bad! We ordered them and they just tasted like straight pineapple juice with no alcohol...and they were $7 and came in a cup just a bit bigger than a dixie cup! We would have stayed and drank all night and listened to the main act but we didn't want to keep her table all night and not be ordering drinks as people were standing with no room to sit. But I would still go back and eat here again...def a place to try!

Reviewed February 5, 2018

I had a cup of coffee and a cup of chowder on a blustery winter afternoon. Winter weather and the middle of the afternoon allowed me to be the sole customer for a short while, a very comfortable respite to my explorations.

Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

Dropped by the Bayou Cafe for lunch this week. I had 1/2 a Muffaletta and a Sweet Tea. Great sandwich and the service was great.