“cockroaches and the food was less than mediocre”

Sushi Time Towa Japanese Rest
Ranked #533 of 909 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed May 18, 2015 via mobile

Had I not been with others, I would've just walked out. Ordered food that never got to us. While I was sitting with my back towards the wall, my friend in front of me pointed out that there was a 3 inch long cockroach on the wall. I started looking around on the floor and found another. Pic attached. The sushi is better at the grocery store than at this restaurant. When we told the waitress that there were roaches, she just shrugged it off. I didn't even have an appetite after that and I was terrified that there would be bugs in my food. Terrible sushi, terrible service, and lack of cleanliness. Needless to say, I will not be back.

4  Thank Brianna C

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Was there for a lunch. Ordered pretty basic stuff but at the end payed around 30$ for myself. I think for such place it's way too high. Taste was pretty ok though

Reviewed March 4, 2014

LOGISTICS: A standalone restaurant next to a small out parcel of stores near a K-Mart. Nice ambiance for a local restaurant.

FOOD: Okay. I only had this one visit Ordered Tonsaksu Pork bento-type box. The pork was so thin that the frying just obliterated any taste. Soup was okay as were veggies & rice Hot tea was not so hot but given 2nds. My lunch partner had a seared salmon with rice. Looked good.

The restaurant had an ambitious menu with reasonable prices. I was only passing thru the area visiting a friend so I can't be much help on all the other things on the menu (Maybe, too many offerings). Still, I go back as it had a nice neighborhood feel to it.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Yes, it is a bit of a hole in the wall but sometimes those are the best kept secrets. Of all the sushi places in Savannah, Richmond Hill and Hinesville, GA this is our favorite. The service has been good aside from one visit. We had a male waiter and although he seated us prior to seating two cute girls next to us, he served them first and gave them all of his time. He later realized his error and did apologize. I wish they'd do something about the door--whenever people smoke outside it, it drifts inside and I have an allergic reaction to it.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We decided to try Sushi Time Towa after several of our friends recommended them. They are definitely a little hole in the wall restaurant.

The food was good, not the best sushi I've had, but I would definitely return!

The wait staff was attentive and friendly. My only complaint was that some servers were a little rude to the Sushi Chefs. I understand that they were busy, but demanding to know where your orders are, and getting upset because there would be a delay for some orders, put me off.

But overall it was a good experience, and we will be back!