“Lunch with family gone WRONG”
Review of Belford's Savannah

Belford's Savannah
Reserve with OpenTable
Belford's Savannah is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #116 of 954 Restaurants in Savannah
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Montgomery Street
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

My family and I were vacationing in Savannah and we happened to be in the City Market area during lunch time. My husband suggested Belford’s since we had never been there before and a friend of ours had recommended it to us. Well.. we arrived around 12:30 pm and there wasn’t a wait for us to be seated so we thought that it would be a quick lunch. We were a party of 7 and there were two large parties that were seated literally minutes after we were seated and they were sat between our table. We sat there for a good 10 minutes without a casual “hello” or “I’ll be with you shortly” until finally we were greated by our server but he didn’t take our drink orders. One of the “large parties” had already gotten a greeting and waters for their entire party. So after 10 minutes, our server finally comes back and starts taking our drink order. By that time, we already knew what we wanted so we ordered our drinks and food at the same time. And by that time, the two other large parties had only gotten their drinks and they had not placed their meal orders yet. So, I assumed that aside from the delay of the greeting and drink orders, we would have gotten our food first since we placed our food orders first before the two other large parties that sat between us. Boy, was I wrong!! An hour and 15 minutes later, we finally got our food, there was a hair in my daughters fried shrimp and absolutely no acknowledgement from the manager. At that point, I was livid and didn’t mention anything to the server about the hair in my daughter’s shrimp in fear that it would take another hour to get her another meal. Our server did come by our table a few times during that hour and 15 minute wait on our food and apologized but at that point, I was done! Beyond angry! One of the large parties had been completely done with their meal and the other large party still had not gotten their food and ended up walking out. Our server was very nice to offer us two complementary desserts but that still didn’t make the situation any better. Very disappointing!!! You would think that you would get better service at a pricey place. Think again! I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone nor will I ever come back.

1  Thank JCpvd616
BelfordsSavannah, Manager at Belford's Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Providing excellent customer service paired with great food is our goal, we clearly fell short, and we apologize for your family's unpleasant experience. Your feedback is appreciated and corrective measures will be taken. We look forward to showcasing our improvements.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,746)

Reviewed April 3, 2018

The $35 Grouper dish is horrible and Calamari is tiny and rubbery and awful and the clam dish is even horrible as tiny as thumbnails.
We were expecting the Grouper dish to be sweet and tender and yet some crispy on the outer but it looked like a two fillets defrosted out of the microwave. Fishy taste and dry and rubbery and just couldn't swallow it. We left the place without eating and paid in full and left hungry. I had a beer and a boiled egg and chips to fill me up. Your local food court food is better.
Prior to this, We've had a fresh oyster and clams at 'Sorry Charlies' just down the block and really good price and amazing Oysters and clam(Big) dish and I even clean sweep the soup.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Your feedback is appreciated, as it provides the opportunity to continually improve.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Nothing too memorable. Burger was good. Atmosphere was nice and it was clean. A bit pricey same as most of the downtown area.

BelfordsSavannah, Manager at Belford's Savannah, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

This is a really cute restaurant!!! The food was delicious, and the restaurant was a really place. Service was excellent.

Thank you for sharing your Belford's experience. It is appreciated.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Very crowded on a Friday night but we lucked up on some seats on the patio. Nice ambiance and very attentive staff. The crab cakes here are fantastic and are a lot like a puff pastry but full of crab. We also had a filet that was really good. Rachel who was the hostess was great and so nice to help entertain our young boys. Would definitely recommend for a nice family dinner.

We appreciate your recommendation and thank you for sharing your experience.