“Horribly rushed by wait staff ”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #250 of 953 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Good for: Groups
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Ok, so Olive Garden is definitely a chain restaurant, but I do love those soft garlicky breadsticks & their salad.....Actually, again though it is a chain, I honestly really do like their food, and my portobello ravioli was quite yummy. Having said that though, either the wait staff or the kitchen coordinator has a real problem here. We ordered the fried lasagna nachos as an appetizer, and salad with our entrees. ( actually ordered the appetizer with our drink order)The salad arrived about two minutes before our nacho appetizer, which was followed a minute later by our entrees. It is extremely poor form to not allow ANY time for a customer to enjoy their appetizer, before the main course is served, much less almost simultaneously..
Server was friendly enough, but should know better than to serve that way. Also the check was then brought to the table before we had hardly started our meal. For a non-busy, early Thursday evening, we felt horribly rushed, and ended up taking almost our entire entrees to go. Maybe it would be better to just order take out here to begin with....

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed February 9, 2018 via mobile

Food was good. Service was better. The steak Gorgonzola was ok, steak really good, pasta not so much.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

I can't believe I have to write a review about an Olive Garden. But this was the worst service and dirtiest restaurant that I have eaten at in a long time. I had to ask somebody to wipe down our table because it was covered on cheese and bread crumbs, he wiped half of the table and asked if that was "good enough?" Seriously, he couldn't tell that the table was still visibly dirty.... oh yeah, and the bathroom floor was soaking wet and a plunger was still by one of the toilets, ewwww. Took 20 minutes just for someone to ask what we wanted to drink. Then, I used a $100 gift card to pay a $65 bill and the waitress didn't give me back my gift card with the remaining balance until I asked her to. I think she was trying to pocket some extra $$$$. Never again.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

Came there after a long days work to have just a quick dinner on a Saturday night. We were seated immediately by the host staff. After arriving at the table we waited for 12 minutes before greeted by anyone. Our server "took orders" but didn't smile at all and was not personable at all. We ordered our own appetizers from the pad at the table which took at least 20 mins to get. When entrees cane out they were mediocre at best. The children's pasta was just thrown together and put on a plate with hardly any sauce. My chicken marsala was ok but lukewarm. For an $80 dinner we expected better. We were there for 2 hours. On the other hand as observing perhaps maybe they were busy and food was taking longer than normal I observed overflowing trash cans and trash all over the floors in the open waitstations I suppose. The same area where guests drinks are prepared. To my surprise most of the staff congregated there and added to the running over pile of trash. This trash stayed there for over an hour, no exaggeration! Not sure how long as we left and it was still nasty. We will not return.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

I’ve been in the hospitsl for a week, really wanted Italian Food. My son who lives in Atlanta called Olive Garden Savannah to try to make it happen for me.They do not deliver, nor were they helpful in attempting to find local delivery
Today, i managed to find someone to get the food for me, only for them to tell my son they would not let him pay over the phone.My neighbor purchased and delivered my ravioi and meatballs ans the food was terrible... what an ordeal for nothing

Date of visit: December 2017