“Not what i expected.....”
Review of Uncle Bubba's Oyster House - CLOSED

Uncle Bubba's Oyster House
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We went for the buffet on a Saturday.We had reservations at 5:30 and were seated as soon as we got there.The buffet was 32.99 not including drinks.On the buffet was fried shrimp,crab legs,fried fish,pulled pork,red rice,collards,macaroni and cheese,grits and peach cobbler on the hot side.On the cold side there was oysters on the half, cole slaw,lettuce,cheese ,a few dressings and banana pudding.I don't see where it is worth that price at all.The pork I think they could do with out.It had sat there so long it was dried out on the top.No one was eating it.I wanted to try the macaroni and cheese thinking it would be like Paulas gooey mac and cheese....wrong.The pan had just been put out when I got some and it was hard on top and gummy on the inside.The shrimp were good but no boiled were on there,only fried.The fish was ok but the same,no steamed or baked was on there.No healthy options of seafood unless you got the crab legs only.We finished eating then I went for the peach cobbler.Again I was thinking this would be like some of Paulas that I had seen in her magazine or something close to it...It was not.It was more of chewy cinnamon batter with a few peaches dropped here and there.Very dry.This was not what I was expecting for a 32.99 buffet.We wont do it again.It was a total of 6 in our group and a gratuity was automatically added.Our bill was close to 300.00 and we only had the buffet with sweet teas as our drinks.The highlight of our dinner was our waiter..His name was Keith and he was wonderful.He kept our drinks filled and was continuously checking on us and the others in his section.He was a wonderful server.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

The food here was pretty good but a little over-priced. We made a reservation and only had a short wait. I had the low country boil which was as expected and my husband had the crab stuffed flounder which was very good!!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I went to this restaurant as part of the Paula Deen tour package. I didn't know what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. The scene and surroundings are very natural and inspired by nature. It has a back woods kind of feel to the setting. Uncle Bubba was actually there, he was friendly and he took as much time to talk and sign autographs as people wanted. Now for the food: I had the low country boil, which I have never had it my life. It was fantastic! I was so glad that I did not try it first at another Savannah restaurant. I tried oysters for the first time, they had some cheese and I actually liked them. The sweet tea was awesome! I would say the sweet tea was close to the best I've ever had. Although his sister is more known, I was more satisfied with the food, atmosphere, and service at Uncle Bubba's than at the Lady and Sons where things felt rushed and very very busy. There is also a gift shop at the restaurant and if Uncle Bubba is there, he takes pictures with customers. I loved it and so did my family!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We decided on Saturday morning to drive to Savannah from Tennessee to eat at Uncle Bubba's and The Lady & Sons restaurants. We got to Uncle Bubba's about 8:00 and were turned away because they still had a wait and they weren't sure they could get us seated before they closed. The manager said we could return Sunday and he would comp us a dessert. So we ate at Tubby's. Sunday we did return to Uncle Bubba's for lunch. There is a great view from the seating area. Our waitress was very nice. The raw oysters were fresh and cold. The gumbo and crab stew were fantastic! I ordered 1/2 pound of steamed shrimp, as well as a side of Lima beans, and they were good. My husband ordered the Po Bubba fried fish sandwich with fries. After two bites he pushed the plate away from him and refused to eat any more, not even his fries. He said the fish had an aftertaste similar to what a cleaning chemical would. My husband is not one to be a picky eater so I was VERY surprised to see him refuse to eat anything else. I saw another review discourage the Po Bubba sandwich and I guess now we believe it. Overall, it was a good experience and we would definitely return again.

2  Thank jeepinjonel
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We came here with a group of 20, on a Friday night. We were told we'd have a table at 7, and at 7:05, we were all seated. We had one server - Sidraya - who handled the whole group and didn't make one error with the order. She was also happy to split the bill however we wanted. There was an 18% gratuity added, but I believe everyone in our party even supplemented that.....she was that GOOD!!!!! The food was really good, even thought I'm limited on what I can eat because of a shellfish allergy. Would definitely go back if I'm ever in town again.

1  Thank NanaTurner