“First Time to Sunny Side Up”
Review of Sunnyside Up

Sunnyside Up
Ranked #152 of 964 Restaurants in Savannah
Reviewed January 31, 2018

Drove over to Savannah from HHI on Sunday the 28th of January so my wife could weigh in at WeightWatchers at 9:30am. Had not had breakfast and was getting pretty hungry when my wife was finished with her weigh-in. Searched Google for "breakfast places near me" and Sunnyside Up popped up along with many more. However Sunnyside had lots of reviews and their score of 4.6 out of 5 beat their nearby competitors. So we decided to try them out. My wife ordered the grilled vegetables and grilled chicken breast a la carte, and I ordered the sausage omelette with no cheese plus added onions, hashbrowns very well done, wheat toast, small orange juice, and black coffee. Apparently they have only one size of OJ and it was 16oz. My wife thoroughly enjoyed her grilled vegetables and chicken breast and the quantity was so much that she had to get a to-go box for what she couldn't eat. My meal was equally good, but I didn't leave any leftovers. The hashbrowns, unlike many places (Waffle House), were not greasy or moist or sticky, but dry and cooked perfectly. The sausage used in the omelette was patty sausage (my preference instead of link) and had a great taste (no sage or offending herb or spice). Our waitress was Shane and she did an excellent job. She was very personable and attentive to our needs throughout the entire meal. The place was extremely busy when we arrived and only one table was available. But it was very noticeable that service was quick and no one had to wait very long to be seated the entire time we were there. There was nothing fancy about this restaurant. Simply good food and good service delivered at a very fair price. Obviously strongly supported by locals and for good reason. Our total bill including tip was $27.68.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed December 4, 2017 via mobile

I’ve come here quite a lot with family. It’s a good location. We went around 10:30 on a Monday and it was very busy. But we sat down quick. Staff was good and attentive. Good teamwork which makes for great service. Menu is versatile. Nothing fancy here. Basic breakfast and it’s delish. Portions are good. Cheap prices. We will continue to come.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 20, 2017 via mobile

In town visiting. Decided to look up breakfast spot.

Picked up fried egg bacon on bagel. Also , ordered fried shrimp. Both very good. Definitely recommend.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 11, 2017

Ate here twice over the past weekend. Breakfast on 1 visit and lunch on the other. Breakfast is their specialty and the burgers at lunch are recommended.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed October 7, 2017

We get take out here from work on a regular basis. The staff is fantastic and, although they are always busy, they are very quick and efficient. Most importantly, the food is delicious! It's pulled us through many a mornings with a smile and a satisfied belly! Thank You to the Sunny Side Up crew!!!

Date of visit: October 2017