“Couldn't be happier.”

17 Hundred 90 Inn
Ranked #11 of 31 Savannah B&B and Inns
“Couldn't be happier.”
Reviewed 21 February 2012 via mobile

Honestly, I have never felt more at home in a hotel; it felt like we were part of the extended family. The service was incredible, as was the food and drinks (Savannah Flu shot is a must). The guest house was nice and quiet, with tons of historical character such as ceiling frescoes, curios, a back deck off the bathroom leading to a courtyard, and a placard describing the history of the house. Of course, modern comforts are nice too, with the Jacuzzi tub, steam shower, and wifi all filling in nicely. If you get the opportunity, by all means take the dinner and haunted tour - you won't get a finer and more interesting tour. The location is easy walking distance to about anything you want to see in town. If you need ideas, just ask at 17 Hundred 90 and they'll set you off with some great spots to hit. Patrick and the rest of the staff have really outdone themselves - this wil be my go to spot the next time I'm in Savannah.

Stayed February 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I visited Savannah, GA this weekend for the Irish Festival and enjoyed a very good meal at the restaurant at the 17 Hundred 90 Inn. We arrived early for our reservations and were able to be accommodated shortly - service very professional, piano player/singer provided excellent background music and the setting was one steeped in history. Food was very good and our experience was definitely an enjoyable, relaxing with an upscale feel "date night" experience!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Covington
Reviewed 11 February 2012

Stayed here at the 17 hundres90 inn last night (2/10/12). We arrived late and went up to our room 205 around 10 pm. After entering our room we checked everything out and noticed that the mini fridge was still packed with the last guests food!! Gross! So we promptly removed the food and had to take it downstairs in the restarurant to throw it away. We moved our car from the front side of the building farther down the street due to street cleaning, which is no big deal. On the weekends you do not have to pay to park. After unpacking we went to churchills for dinner (well worth every penny) after returning from dinner we came back to our room. We started noticing that the bathroom shower/tub had mold on the bottom corners and a leftover razor blade cover was left there for us to find. However we have figured out that the room must have not been cleaned or was cleaned as little as possible, as the past guests iphone/ipod charger was left in the outlet. They could've at least removed the past guests left over items. The carpet is stained but for us not a huge deal as with as many guests as these Inns get I can understand, The fireplace didnt work :( but thats ok because it has been pretty warm lately. The handle to turn on the shower is broken, so we had to go get someone 1st thing to fix it. Also no towels were in the room at all so again back downstairs to get some. I would not stay here again. I expect my room to be clean (ie without left over food or etc from other guests, and towels. We could have stayed at a super8 or another hotel on that level and had a better experience than here. Other wise the people were nice and helpful and gave us 2 free drink vouchers at the bar (which we haven't used yet). Oh and there are no elevators so if you cannot carry your luggage up stairs this is not the place for you. We didnt mind but for others that cant or need wheelchair access this wouldnt be the place to stay.

4 Thank hott24girl
NJ
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I must say I love this place....it was on my bucket list to stay at a Victorian bed and breakfast so while we are spending the week at my daughters in savannah we chose the 1790 to stay over night....this looks nothing like a hotel but just like a home...we are in the guest house up the street from the inn ...we are the only ones here so it's totally private...I chose the rooms on the third floor because of how pretty they looked and I'm not disappointed....very cool period furniture....no it's not perfect looking furniture because it's 100+ years old and earned its scuffs and scratches...I am an early riser so it's so nice I can sit in the parlor and use my iPad on the free wi fi and not disturb my still sleeping hub...I made coffee in the provided coffeemaker, sat on the front stoop at 4am and just enjoyed the quiet of the tree lined street never feeling uneasy about being there at such an early hour...the bed was very firm and comfortable....the bathroom is huge with a fireplace and entrances from both the hallway and bedroom...the only issue I have from giving it 5 stars is a sort of musty smell...maybe a good airing out with open windows or a bottle of febreeze will cure that...otherwise a most enjoyable night

Room Tip: No spooky ghosts here....pure pleasure
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zj97
Toms River
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We stayed at the 17 hundred 90 Inn for two nights on the 3rd floor of the nearby guest house. The owner himself showed us to our accommodations and was very helpful with anything we needed, such as an air bed for our young son. The accommodations were very spacious and quiet. The bathroom was huge with a spa tub and a stand up shower available. We had access to the first and second floor parlors to watch TV if we wished since our Son was sleeping in the room that would be the typical parlor for that suite. We felt it was our home away from home for those two days.

The owner, Patrick, offered us a coupon for a free drink at the bar which was very nice since they do not have a typical "wine and cheese" hour. He was very personable and answered all our questions. Actually, all the staff were exceptionally nice and helpful during our stay. We had dinner at the restaurant, which was very enjoyable.

A continental breakfast is offered in the morning. We did not take advantage of that, opting to eat at our favorite local place for breakfast instead.

We will definitely stay at the 17hundred90 again the next time we are in Savannah.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Marlborough MA
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I dined at the 17 Hundred 90 Inn restaurant 11/14/2011. It was a very pleasant evening. We started with cocktails in the lounge area which is has couches and fireplaces and comfortable chairs. The bartender made a special drink that she was not familiar with for us. The dining room has a nice historic atmosphere. The food was great and the staff was wonderful.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Wheaton, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I would recommend this Inn to all my friends..... Stayed at the 17hundred90 for 4 days/3 nights. Was blown away by the service from the minute we walked in the door. Hotel has been under new owners for the last year and they are doing a great job of making everyone feel welcome. The owner came up to our room with us when we checked in to make sure there wasn't anything that we might need. Enjoyed talking with the owners each morning over breakfast and coffee. Savannah is a beautiful walking city. The location of the hotel was perfect to get to everything by foot.
Ate dinner at the hotel on our 3rd night and found it delicious!!! We were celebrating a birthday and they provided the birthday girl with a complimentary dessert.
Check out is at 11am, but our flight wasn't until 5pm. The hotel allowed us to keep our luggage in our room until 3:30pm with no problem.

Room Tip: Room 204 is the haunted room.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends