New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #91 of 113 Hotels in Savannah
Gadsden, Alabama
“Won't do that again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2010

Stopped for a night on a return trip from a cruise- just ambling along with no reservations or clear plan of action- drove until dog tired, then looked at the plethora of motels along this particular strip... sign outside advertised cheapest rates of any of the ones who had prices displayed- I think I know why. Room was not as cheap as the sign outside- I wasn't paying attention to the accommodations advertised- my bad. Should have left then, but I didn't. Rather sad little place, actually. Clerk was the owners(?) teenage kid, but he was nice enough. Room run down, cracked tub cheaply patched, water pressure and hot water adequate however. Not horribly dirty, but not exuding a feeling of clean, either- quite dingy, run down. Soundproofing between rooms below my modern expectations. Did not like the layout- rooms are all outside access, however I knew that going into it, but not normally my preference, so I mention it here for those who are security-conscious. Actually found myself putting something against the door that led into the adjoining suite, something I never before felt compelled to do. Breakfast was lackluster. Turns out when I got home and looked, there's a hit for this place on a bedbug registry- it does not surprise me, but I'm happy to say we had no problems. Wish them no ill will, but would not stay there again, next time I'll spend a few more bucks to feel more... whatever it was I wasn't feeling there.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
abvisavannahga, Owner at America's Best Inn, responded to this review, 24 May 2011
Dear Traveler,

Your feedback is very important to us and we appreciate the fact that you took the time to let us know that your stay was not up to your expectations. We apologize for this and will certainly look into your comments and take any appropriate action. It is our goal to provide all of our guests with quality service and comfort at an exceptional price. We hope you will give us the opportunity to make any necessary improvements and will stay with us again or at another one of our ABVI's located throughout the country.

Thanks,
Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Savannah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2009

Hotel is in a Good location but the room was nasty and smell like Mold. I ask for a better room but the front desk rep told me that I have to stick with it. It was one of my worst experience in hotel. Don't stay here there is better options in the area for the same price.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Dantraveler47
So. California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2009

Dont' stay here ever!!!! This spot was going to be the last motel stop on my cross country trip with my 79 year old mother... we stayed at this brand in New Mexico and so we thought it would be fine... After all we just wanted to lay down for a few hours. I have traveled the world -- stayed in cheap and very expensive... but, have never seen one this bad...
It was HORRIBLE! And it was just filthy, the towels were like those I use to change the oil on my cars. Plus, there were questionable activies going on outside the hotel, you did not want to even put a bare foot in the shower -- and I almost could handle it all -- but, the BED BUGS were the final straw... after an hour and a half we both started to itch and feel just creepy... went to the front desk and the lady there just denied the issue... we left with out the offer of another room or refund and drove thorugh the night to reach our final destination and a clean shower. Please believe the previous poster and myself -- don't stay here! The Baymont next door seems very new and nice... they gave us each a cup of coffee and wished us better luck... we were just too creeped to sleep.
Safe travels.... C

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
south, georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2009

Man! I do not even know where to start. First the price of the 2 night stay was 35 dollars more than I was qouted. The room was nasty. The ac was falling apart. The toilet rocked back and forth. The light above the sink had a short in it. The sheets were nasty. Roaches in the room. So we checked on leaving but they told us we could not get a refund. They moved us to another room. This room had a newer ac unit.
I thought well maybe this is a little better. I was right it was a little better-(very little). The bed and bathroom was covered with long black hair. I guess the best thing was the pool. I stayed at this hotel years ago when it was with another hotel chain.
It was just standard but nice and clean. Now it really needs help. Keep going. like one of the others said stay in your car before here. I almost forgot. They advertise high-speed internet in rooms. The speed was not fast at all. It was non existent never got a server or signal.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bubba21South_Georgia
North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2008

sooo we got there and we went up to the room and we saw that the air conditioning unit had been like kicked several times and it was falling apart and didnt want to work at first but after a few hours the room was cool enough to try and go to sleep. The tv was small, and the werent enough pillows or towels. there were spiders everywhere and we couldnt get to sleep at all. me and my sis were up watching the freakishly small tv when she said that something in or under her pillow was moving so needless to say we didnt get a good nights sleep because we were afraid to close our eyes.

• Liked — NOTHING AT ALL
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2008

Worst hotel stay of my life. Do yourself a favor & NEVER stay here! Front desk girl totally clueless & had to stand in pouring rain while took forever to check in. Tried to charge my credit card TWICE! Took a long time for my credit company to reissue extra money back to me. Room key / card did not work so had to go back & forth several times". Dirty room without clock. "Deluxe" breakfast was cheap horrible cornflakes & EVEN CHEAPER juice. YUK! Nothing like the description on Internet. STAY AWAY!!!

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — SERVICE & Breakfast
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank 3bamboys
Marrietta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2007

Hotel room was completely unacceptable; and i have stayed at some below average hotels. The bathroom was dirty and so was the room; refused to stay.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Unclean, Unkept and Unfriendly
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple