Okay, let's start with the location, which is very good. It is located next to two much nicer looking hotels, which makes it look much worse from the outside, but it is located very close to many of Savannah's attractions, right at the end of the downtown area and right near the River Street, which has some really cool bars and restaurants and plenty to do. So, you can't really go wrong with where it is located.
If you judge it solely by its outside appearance you will not want to stay there. It looks like a cheap motel with a crummy parking lot attached. When you look at it from the outside you will feel ripped off because it could be fairly costly, but when you step inside you see that it is not half bad. Nothing luxurious, but you get what you paid for. My daughter and I stayed there only for one night and we had two fairly comfortable double beds. We had a TV, bathroom and a fridge. It was not dirty nor was it pristine inside, but not a turn off.
My experience at this hotel was clouded by my time in the breakfast room downstairs, adjacent to the office. They offer a free breakfast and it looks pretty good with eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy being featured. My daughter took her food and sat down. I took mine and then promptly, and accidentally, hit my plate with the cover for the gravy and everything spilled to the floor. I felt terrible about spilling the food and embarrassed by having done it in front of my daughter and another couple that was seated in the room with us.
There was a woman in the room whose job was to clean up and, I think, to refill the food trays when they were empty. Her reaction to my accident made me feel much worse. She rolled her eyes and thrust them toward the heavens (because I meant to make her day start off badly) and she said, "I will clean it up". She said that at least three times, which made it even worse. I just quietly picked up some of the mess and then poured a cup of coffee.
My daughter, who is my favorite person in the world and who is the last person I want to be embarrassed by my actions, told me to get more food but I was so embarrassed by the woman's reaction that I told my daughter I was okay. The man who was sitting with his wife said, "Please get more food. It's good stuff." When I told him I would not, he said, "I'd feel better if you ate". A very nice gentleman. Of course, the woman said nothing except to sigh when she had to pick up my mess, which lasted the entire time that I was in the room with my daughter.
I left and we gathered our things upstairs to check out, went to our car and then went into the office to give up our keys. The woman was standing in the room, talking to the clerk behind the counter, and the conversation immediately ended when I walked in, making me think they had been discussing this big oaf who ruined this poor woman's day. While I was checking out, the woman remained next to the clerk, just staring at me, which made me feel extremely uncomfortable.
So, needless to say, I will not be staying at this hotel ever again. While it was not the worst hotel I ever stayed in, I never felt worse in my entire life while leaving a hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quality Inn Savannah Historic District is conveniently located in the heart of the national historic district. This Savannah, GA hotel provides the ultimate location for travelers visiting this graceful and charming Southern city. Visitors can stroll through the many shops, boutiques and restaurants on River Street, which is adjacent to the hotel. Make the vacation complete with a visit to the exciting City Market, located less than one block away, and featuring a variety of unique shops, restaurants and nightspots. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Quality Inn Savannah Historic District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Heart Of Savannah Hotel Savannah
- Quality Inn Heart Savannah
- Quality Inn Savannah
- Savannah Quality Inn