“Chance find”

Quality Inn Savannah Historic District
Ranked #84 of 115 Hotels in Savannah
Reviewed 31 August 2017

We stopped here because I can use and earn points and it was the easiest to get into from the street. The place needs updating, esp in the rooms. The staff at the front desk were awesome. Very friendly and answered all of our questions.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NorthPoint78, General Manager at Quality Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Richard, thank you for staying with us. We are glad you liked the attentive service from our Front Desk associates. We also value your observation in regard to renovation. We are currently in the process of refreshing the areas in our hotel that you identified. We hope you all will make plans to visit us to see our new look.

Shelby Pickhardt,

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Rooms were nice. Location is great. Very close to City Market. We snagged a parking spot on the side street next to the hotel and had free parking for our stay. Staff is super friendly and helpful. Lots of restaurants and bars close.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Coleen, thank you for choosing to stay at Quality Inn Savannah Historic District. We are delighted to know our location close to various attractions of the city was convenient for your visit and that you enjoyed the exceptional service provided by our staff. It was a pleasure hosting you, and we look forward to welcoming you both back soon!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Don't judge this book by it's cover. It doesn't look bad, it is just tucked away and looks a tad bad. But it's a nice hotel. Our room was spacious and nice. The hotel is near some nice tourist spots. The price was right. The staff was nice. They are pet friendly. We stayed there with our dog and puppy.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
NorthPoint78, General Manager at Quality Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Karen, thank you for sharing your experience at Quality Inn Savannah Historic District. We are glad to know you loved the convenience of our location and were impressed with the service provided by our courteous associates. It was a pleasure hosting you and your family, and we look forward to your return visit soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

This hotel is located steps away from the famous waterfront and the historic downtown area of Savannah. Although the outside of the building looks a bit run down, the room was actually quite OK. Also there was good WiFi and ample parking. Staff is friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: more quiet rooms away from the main street
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
NorthPoint78, General Manager at Quality Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Thank you for the taking the time to share your review of Quality Inn Savannah Historic District. We are pleased to read our location was ideal for your needs and that our associates left you with a good impression. We value your feedback and hope to be your hotel of choice every time you visit this area.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Okay, let's start with the location, which is very good. It is located next to two much nicer looking hotels, which makes it look much worse from the outside, but it is located very close to many of Savannah's attractions, right at the end of the downtown area and right near the River Street, which has some really cool bars and restaurants and plenty to do. So, you can't really go wrong with where it is located.

If you judge it solely by its outside appearance you will not want to stay there. It looks like a cheap motel with a crummy parking lot attached. When you look at it from the outside you will feel ripped off because it could be fairly costly, but when you step inside you see that it is not half bad. Nothing luxurious, but you get what you paid for. My daughter and I stayed there only for one night and we had two fairly comfortable double beds. We had a TV, bathroom and a fridge. It was not dirty nor was it pristine inside, but not a turn off.

My experience at this hotel was clouded by my time in the breakfast room downstairs, adjacent to the office. They offer a free breakfast and it looks pretty good with eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy being featured. My daughter took her food and sat down. I took mine and then promptly, and accidentally, hit my plate with the cover for the gravy and everything spilled to the floor. I felt terrible about spilling the food and embarrassed by having done it in front of my daughter and another couple that was seated in the room with us.

There was a woman in the room whose job was to clean up and, I think, to refill the food trays when they were empty. Her reaction to my accident made me feel much worse. She rolled her eyes and thrust them toward the heavens (because I meant to make her day start off badly) and she said, "I will clean it up". She said that at least three times, which made it even worse. I just quietly picked up some of the mess and then poured a cup of coffee.

My daughter, who is my favorite person in the world and who is the last person I want to be embarrassed by my actions, told me to get more food but I was so embarrassed by the woman's reaction that I told my daughter I was okay. The man who was sitting with his wife said, "Please get more food. It's good stuff." When I told him I would not, he said, "I'd feel better if you ate". A very nice gentleman. Of course, the woman said nothing except to sigh when she had to pick up my mess, which lasted the entire time that I was in the room with my daughter.

I left and we gathered our things upstairs to check out, went to our car and then went into the office to give up our keys. The woman was standing in the room, talking to the clerk behind the counter, and the conversation immediately ended when I walked in, making me think they had been discussing this big oaf who ruined this poor woman's day. While I was checking out, the woman remained next to the clerk, just staring at me, which made me feel extremely uncomfortable.

So, needless to say, I will not be staying at this hotel ever again. While it was not the worst hotel I ever stayed in, I never felt worse in my entire life while leaving a hotel.

Room Tip: Don't do anything by accident here or you will pay a price.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
NorthPoint78, General Manager at Quality Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your concerns. Please accept our apologies as well as our assurance that we will be working to address the concerns outlined in your review. Our staff typically does a terrific job with our guests’ needs, and we are sorry that did not happen in your case. We hope you will give us the chance to serve you better on a future visit.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

I booked through Hotwire and did the "better deal for a mystery hotel" thing...this did not work out in my favor this trip. The price was not comparable to the product it accompanied.

First of all, Hotwire doesn't say anything about potential parking fees - it's $19.00 a night BTW - (it is listed on the hotel website though). The hotel is very outdated and looks pretty rundown from the outside, but I am willing to look beyond that as long as the room is nice..

It wasn't. The furniture was old and very scratched up. The pictures on the wall were straight out of the 80s landscapes with hideous gold frames...(I'm sorry, probably no one will care about the art on the walls, but your hotel is in one of the most beautiful areas, why not get some pictures from around the city and give your guests a little sneak peak of the city they're going to be staying in). The carpet is stained, old and smelly.

Everything was stained - bed sheets, towels, walls (need a serious paint job), even the shower curtain had gross brown and black stains. These things can't be that expensive that the company is willing to risk guest satisfaction just to avoid spending a few bucks to replace.

Service was acceptable, but not superb. If you're not going to have the best product in town, at least have the best service!

The food was decent for a continental breakfast, they had some good food choices plus the standard buffet things you're used to seeing in equivalent hotels.

Most of the reviews I read seem to mirror my thoughts. I would imagine that management is tired of posting the same apology replies (at least they post replies) and just start making the necessary changes.

At least the bed was comfy... Best of luck in the future, but I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
NorthPoint78, General Manager at Quality Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

We are very sorry you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay. We strive to maintain the highest standards, not only in service, but also with regards to maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel as we formulate plans for future renovations.
We hope you will consider staying with us on your next visit to the area so we can better deliver the experience you should always expect from us.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Arriving in town at 03:00 without a reservation is never ideal but we lucked out coming upon the Quality Inn on Bay St. While admitting the curb appeal is not great, we were cheerfully greeted by the night shift clerk who stated that there was a room available and it was only $108. AAA discount? Yes, sir. That brought the room down to under $100. True, there is a charge to park a vehicle but one has to remember that the hotel is right downtown and such a charge has to be expected in any metropolitan area.

The room was clean and everything appeared to work properly. A microwave and fridge were there and appeared to be well maintained. A complimentary breakfast was included in the price.

This is not a luxury hotel but if you are looking for a decent place to stay in the heart of one of the South's most charming and historic cities, this would be a very good choice.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
NorthPoint78, General Manager at Quality Inn Savannah Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

John, thanks for the wonderful feedback. We are delighted to know your stay with us was perfect and that you found us to be at a great value. It was such a pleasure hosting you at Quality Inn Savannah Historic District, and we look forward to serving you and your family again soon.